groomed trails

white dragon

headin home from mech place at top of couch i was runnin down b112b,which was in ok shape & figured as someone mentioned the grooming would slow down...came up to intersection of b112b & 203 & the trail was groomed ahead,i noticed a sledder right away jumped on the freshly groomed part instead of riding the ungroomed(still flat) part..why not let it set up overnite,that sledder turned off & i continued to ride the ruff...came up to the groomer heading back & it was stopped with operator checkin drag out.i stopped & wanted to say thx & wasn't me riding on his fresh trail,well turned out to be ''oro guy''was nice to finally meet him & say hi...i'll have a great start to the ride tomorrow...thx again oro guy & odsc for your hard work

i noticed a sledder right away jumped on the freshly groomed part instead of riding the ungroomed(still flat) part..why not let it set up overnite,that sledder turned off & i continued to ride the ruff

Some people are inconsiderate, but there must be a certain percentage of sledders who don't realize that freshly groomed trails need to set up for a few hours before being able to withstand traffic.

Maybe we should develop a friendly list of "do's and don'ts" so people new to the sport can get a better orientation.

Nice to meet you too White Dragon. Thanks for the compliments! Just got in from 9 hours of making the rail line and city trail smooth. It will be a nice way to start of your trip in a few hours! Have a good time doing the RAP. I sure did this past weekend.

Cheers,

Mike

Some people are inconsiderate, but there must be a certain percentage of sledders who don't realize that freshly groomed trails need to set up for a few hours before being able to withstand traffic.

Maybe we should develop a friendly list of "do's and don'ts" so people new to the sport can get a better orientation.

I can't help but wonder what it would cost to include an eductation page with each permit sold covering these types of information

Nice way to start your trip WD. 

"Talking" is the best education. Over the years, new riders in our group 'figure it out'. 

Until then, they saw it as a fresh sheet of canvas. 

Thanks for putting in the hours, Oro Guy.

:icon_goodpost:  but only applies to the double-wide trails. Many of the trails I ride are only as wide as the drag. So when I come across a groomer, after I let him by, I either have to ride the freshly-groomed stuff, or kick back for a 2h nap.  

Nice to meet you too White Dragon. Thanks for the compliments! Just got in from 9 hours of making the rail line and city trail smooth. It will be a nice way to start of your trip in a few hours! Have a good time doing the RAP. I sure did this past weekend.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Oro Guy.  You guys have done a FABULOUS job this year.  Actually I can't complain about the trails in the ODSC district.  I have always had a great ride.  Thanks again for all your dedication to this sport.  We REALLY do appreciate it.  Also glad to see that you have been able to go out and ride the trails yourself!! :right_on:

Have fun WD and enjoy your loop and be safe.

I can't help but wonder what it would cost to include an eductation page with each permit sold covering these types of information

Problem would be getting people to actually read it.

Sledder's can read?

I thought that's why you have the Blinky Lights??

Too true!!!! :lmao:

Thanks Oro Guy.  You guys have done a FABULOUS job this year.  Actually I can't complain about the trails in the ODSC district.  I have always had a great ride.  Thanks again for all your dedication to this sport.  We REALLY do appreciate it.  Also glad to see that you have been able to go out and ride the trails yourself!! :right_on:

Have fun WD and enjoy your loop and be safe.

I will take your post one further, we have rode over 3000 miles this winter and have not found a bad area yet, To anyone that is involved in a club for making the trails what they have been this year, A huge thank you to all of you...times a million!!!!

Cheers and hope everyone has a great weekend coming up!!

I will take your post one further, we have rode over 3000 miles this winter and have not found a bad area yet, To anyone that is involved in a club for making the trails what they have been this year, A huge thank you to all of you...times a million!!!!

Cheers and hope everyone has a great weekend coming up!!

You and Karen are getting what you deserve then the trails have been great

You and Karen are getting what you deserve then the trails have been great

Thanks Bill!!! We will be out to see you one Sunday very soon...Take care

Archived