How late will Snowcrest Groom 2014?

WeBeSleddin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's time to buy a set of those wheel thingies.

Rode through on Sat and trail 15 sure needed a little love. In town was not as bad as the road running in the 204.

Rode through on Sat and trail 15 sure needed a little love. In town was not as bad as the road running in the 204.

You shoulda stopped at the MouseHouse - I'd have given you a little Love !  

Hey 2BSledding, 

Any updates on grooming operations over the next few weeks would be greatly appreciated.  Would like to ride from the East side of Couch up to baysville and back perhaps this weekend.

Weather Network is calling for sub 0 temps up until March 31. :geek2:

Grooming operations have been suspended until we see what the impact of the forecasted mild spell with rain is. We will still need more snow with cold temps after the mild spell.

Grooming operations have been suspended until we see what the impact of the forecasted mild spell with rain is. We will still need more snow with cold temps after the mild spell.

Good call Bob. Thanks for a great season. We really enjoyed Snowcrest trails again this year. See you next year.

Reved,you should take 204 bush trail down to B105C,hardly any road and nice country.If you are heading south or east,both ways take you to Lake Couchiching anyway.

Agreed, but there is still some road running between the blue bridge near Forest Glen Store and the bush part of 204. I haven't been down there in a few weeks, but my sense is it would be hundreds of metres of road running?

Maybe it's time to buy a set of those wheel thingies.

I have the wheels on my sled and they are great but for extended bare road runs you still don't get any lubrication for your sliders or any cooling for the engine.

I have not been up there but they used to ride the snowbank from the Railroad to Grass Lake line and then it is groomed by ODSC from there down.

You may be right. There has certainly been a good attempt to use the snow banks. I may have been using the road in that area this winter because good conditions made it possible.

You may be right. There has certainly been a good attempt to use the snow banks. I may have been using the road in that area this winter because good conditions made it possible.

The "land" trail has been SO good this year, I have never felt the urge to take the "lake" trail.   All that road on Cambrian and Grass Lake etc has been re-routed.   They aren't just "using snow banks", the trail has been officially rerouted to the sides of the road and the trail is being groomed.  And, forgetting the road/lake comparison for a moment, 204 is just simply a delight to ride !

ODSC deserves an award for SO much of what they have done recently.  Moving trails off the roads, the trail through Town, B east of Couchicouchi, the re-routes they have accomplished.  Marvellous !! 

I may just have to go down there an HUG one of those guys !!   :icon_hyper:

I do understand that 204 has been transformed by a tremendous amount of work in the past few years. And, yes, you should go down there and hug someone. We all should.

What I was trying to communicate, though, was that even with the bush trail, I think there would currently be quite a bit of road rash encountered between the blue bridge and the place where 204 leaves South Sparrow Lake Road and enters the bush. I hope I am wrong about that. (And even in the unlikely event that I am correct, it would be no fault of the club, that's for sure. Just the darn old sun.)

Probably a little bit of both BG.  There is some road running from the bridge, across the RR tracks and then east on the road.  But not as far as where the trail goes into the bush.  There is some off-road grooming along there as well.   Not sure of the distances, but last week I wasn't really excited about the road from the bridge, over the tracks to where ever it moved to the side of the road.  Fortunately not terribly far. 

Do you want to make it a Group Hug ? 

High fives maybe?

The "land" trail has been SO good this year, I have never felt the urge to take the "lake" trail.   All that road on Cambrian and Grass Lake etc has been re-routed.   They aren't just "using snow banks", the trail has been officially rerouted to the sides of the road and the trail is being groomed.  And, forgetting the road/lake comparison for a moment, 204 is just simply a delight to ride !

ODSC deserves an award for SO much of what they have done recently.  Moving trails off the roads, the trail through Town, B east of Couchicouchi, the re-routes they have accomplished.  Marvellous !! 

I may just have to go down there an HUG one of those guys !!   :icon_hyper:

Your thanks is good enough for us.Yes it was a pile of work especially after having a tornado go through and having to do another reroute around it.

The idea was spawned by others because 9 miles of asphault for a snowmobile trail was totally unacceptable so we gathered up a team and went to work.Glad you like it.

As for hugs STG,you have to realize that we have our reputations to defend so we will pass on that.There are enough rumors around here as it is without starting more.

Thanks guys.

Probably a little bit of both BG.  There is some road running from the bridge, across the RR tracks and then east on the road.  But not as far as where the trail goes into the bush.  There is some off-road grooming along there as well.   Not sure of the distances, but last week I wasn't really excited about the road from the bridge, over the tracks to where ever it moved to the side of the road.  Fortunately not terribly far. 

Do you want to make it a Group Hug ?

Yes I am in for the group hug.

High fives maybe?

Could do that to!!

Your thanks is good enough for us.Yes it was a pile of work especially after having a tornado go through and having to do another reroute around it.

The idea was spawned by others because 9 miles of asphault for a snowmobile trail was totally unacceptable so we gathered up a team and went to work.Glad you like it.

As for hugs STG,you have to realize that we have our reputations to defend so we will pass on that.There are enough rumors around here as it is without starting more.

Thanks guys.

Thank you, thank you. I agree with STG on this one. This should win an award for the most improved trail category!! I never take the 204 to Couch anymore. It is so great to have an awesome trail to start your day off and than come back on it to finish a great day of sledding. Seriously, that trail is the best link between D7 & D8.

THANK YOU ODSC!!!!!

South Sparrow Lake Road and Goldstine are bare all the way from Cooch to The 204 Cut off FYI

Thanks so much to all the hard work this season. It most definitely was one of the best.

It seems that most resources are being thrown at the TOP trails.

Any local info. regarding trails will come from word of mouth or great websites that share grooming passes:

North Bay (http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0TJMmBQ4hQTpo0P7mELfVYreIhnsa7N3b)

Sudbury(http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0qIOqWqYfMncPh5IFYU3EcSEMd1062UX3)

I think many of us are interested in Muskoka grooming, so if anyone has info. to share, pass it on. Also thinking of a Thursday ride before it warms up.

Thx.

Any update on snowcrest grooming would be appreciated.  

I know they have been grooming in Orillia and Baysville, want to see if I can make a run Thursday in snowcrest country!

Snowcrest has one groomer out tonight and all 3 groomers out tomorrow night. Will give most of our system at least another groom before the mild spell. 

Snowcrest has one groomer out tonight and all 3 groomers out tomorrow night. Will give most of our system at least another groom before the mild spell.

Do you have an update to post ?

Any update on snowcrest grooming would be appreciated.

I know they have been grooming in Orillia and Baysville, want to see if I can make a run Thursday in snowcrest country!

I don't know about Baysville but I do know that Orillia got their grooming done before the minus 24 on Sunday night resulting in a nice set-up.

Unless 2b posts otherwise, apparently the 3 groomers are not going out tonight so a run in Snowcrest country may not meet your expectations.

Archived