district 8 ride

white dragon

bill & i hooked up with blake g & 3 of his friends in orillia....from orillia went up b105c to C to midland

feb142014159_zps8d361e05.jpg

the trails were in excellent shape,just behind the sign board there was a deer carcass...nice.one of the sleds had alittle clutch deflection trouble...bill ok'ed it & we were rollin again

feb142014161_zps32e3886d.jpg

headin into wasaga bch the trails were in decent shape...stopped at ''big chris bbq'' for lunch,it was great

trail shot

feb142014163_zps6418a6c4.jpg

after lunch we head back to C where i broke from the pack but not before a last pic

feb142014165_zps5a324e37.jpg

had a great 100 mile loop & some good laughs at lunch

Thanks for the report WD. I really wish I could have been there. Who has the red yamaha venture?

Thanks for the report WD. I really wish I could have been there. Who has the red yamaha venture?

blake's buddy(can't remember his name) he's 68 yrs young & rode like wind.he was funny to boot...

bill & i hooked up with blake g & 3 of his friends in orillia....from orillia went up b105c to C to midland

the trails were in excellent shape,just behind the sign board there was a deer carcass...

The carcass was about 25 feet from highway 12 and about 6 feet off the trail

post-22473-0-45735500-1392531162_thumb.jpg

one of the sleds had alittle clutch deflection trouble...bill ok'ed it & we were rollin again

We all stood around and looked at the broken snowmobile, and waited for Bill to come back from scouting ahead.

WD said, "Take a look at it, Bill."

I said, "What makes him the chief mechanic?"

Bil said, "I ride Polaris."

We had an excellent time. That's twice this month I've ridden with White Dragon and Bill, and twice we've had a great time.

I really like that '09 Venture GT. It belongs to Jamie Beardmore, from Bracebridge. I drove it last winter for about fifteen minutes, and cursed Jamie when I got off. I told him he just cost me ten thousand bucks, because I instantly realized I was going to have to dump my 2000 Grand Touring and get a newer touring machine. I ended up with an '09 Cat, but would have gladly purchased a used Venture GT, if I had been able to find one.

We all stood around and looked at the broken snowmobile, and waited for Bill to come back from scouting ahead.

WD said, "Take a look at it, Bill."

I said, "What makes him the chief mechanic?"

Bil said, "I ride Polaris."

Now thats funny

if anybody takes these trails look for a black side mirror...may have peeled it off around barrie trails...just noticed its

gone.;..dam

if anybody takes these trails look for a black side mirror...may have peeled it off around barrie trails...just noticed its

gone.;..dam

Nice report and pics.

If you happen to ride from Huntsville to Sundridge and find a rear idler wheel, it's probably mine.  Noticed it was gone when we got back to irREVerent's place at the end of our trip.  Didn't seem to affect the ride at all. 

We had an excellent time. That's twice this month I've ridden with White Dragon and Bill, and twice we've had a great time.

I really like that '09 Venture GT. It belongs to Jamie Beardmore, from Bracebridge. I drove it last winter for about fifteen minutes, and cursed Jamie when I got off. I told him he just cost me ten thousand bucks, because I instantly realized I was going to have to dump my 2000 Grand Touring and get a newer touring machine. I ended up with an '09 Cat, but would have gladly purchased a used Venture GT, if I had been able to find one.

I ride the 09 Venture GT (same colour) with snow tracker carbides. I really love this snowmobile.  Can you ask Jamie which carbides he's using?

I'll get back to you Re:Leaf. Whatever he uses, they work well. Three of us were riding Skidoo XP's, and they were darting quite a bit, because the snow was hard packed. That Venture did not dart in the least.

I ride the 09 Venture GT (same colour) with snow tracker carbides. I really love this snowmobile.  Can you ask Jamie which carbides he's using?

Jamie informed me that his sled is a 2010 (I mistakenly thought it was a 2009) and he uses snow tracker carbides.

If the weather holds up, looking to "Ride the 8 in district 8".  Starting in Barrie and looping clockwise. Does anyone have the kms?  I'm thinking a average rider can do the big loop in a day?  What's your guess on number of hours?

Hey 100 posts!

If the weather holds up, looking to "Ride the 8 in district 8".  Starting in Barrie and looping clockwise. Does anyone have the kms?  I'm thinking a average rider can do the big loop in a day?  What's your guess on number of hours?

Hey 100 posts!

should be able to go barrie-midland-orillia-barrie in 5 or 6 hrs + lunch....

An online source says its 345 kilometres, so I would expect that to take about ten hours plus meal stop time. That would be too much for one day for me personally, but perhaps hardcore sledders could tackle it? I would have to shorten the route, which would be easy to do, with all the available trails.

http://www.northernontario.travel/snowmobiling/ofsc-snowmobile-tour-loops

Glen good to see you out on the trails and enjoying  :icon_photo:

Tell Bill to stay out of the ditches :lmao:

say hello to Bill from us

Greg,Gary,Scott

Archived