Great News for Crosshill Bush trail

Fingers crossed!!!! Thanks for the update.

X2. Otherwise just have to ride down the shoulder of the ride, which sucks!'

I was just talking to Perry tonight.  They hope to come around by the new township shed on Line 61, and cut through the gun club property to get back to hwy 19.  The gun club was supposed to be meeting tonight to give permission for that to happen.  Hopefully that happens.  It would suck if the Milverton Snowmobile club cant access Milverton anymore.

well what happened?

well what happened?

Haven't heard Bill, I will let everyone know when I know.  I would think it shouldn't be a problem, but you know what ass-u-me means.

I was just talking to Perry tonight.  They hope to come around by the new township shed on Line 61, and cut through the gun club property to get back to hwy 19.  The gun club was supposed to be meeting tonight to give permission for that to happen.  Hopefully that happens.  It would suck if the Milverton Snowmobile club cant access Milverton anymore.

Hmmm... gun club... one place I think I would follow the Stay On Trail signs for sure. I have seen the ones that say Or Permission Lost but Or Be Shot gives it a whole new meaning. :-P

Hmmm... gun club... one place I think I would follow the Stay On Trail signs for sure. I have seen the ones that say Or Permission Lost but Or Be Shot gives it a whole new meaning. :-P

he will not do that again 

Lol that's a good one, maybe we should change our signs. Hehehe.....

The reroute looks like it's s go trail will know go around Milverton and and go threw the co op gas pumps and reconnect on the south side of town. There will b a trail to the complex for the wing nights from the south side only!!! Please stay on trail!!!! Will find out more next week at our next meeting.

Between the gun club on the  south and the sewage lagoon on the north, I would think most people will obey the signs in that area of trail. :icon_cankick:

ya if you sink a sled there you are in poop

You would have to get some serious air to clear the cement retaining walls, unless the area gets 6 feet of snow.

ya if you sink a sled there you are in poop 

It's getting deep in here!

It's getting deep in here!

Welcome back Mossy!

Just so you know, this thread has gone from the Crosshill bush to the Milverton arena then the Gun club and now its in the sh-t tank. I'm not really sure where it can go from here.

Welcome back Mossy!

Just so you know, this thread has gone from the Crosshill bush to the Milverton arena then the Gun club and now its in the sh-t tank. I'm not really sure where it can go from here.

That is not new around here 

Welcome back Mossy!

Sounds like an okay ride! Who is leading the pack?!

Sounds like an okay ride! Who is leading the pack?!

You guess 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back Mossy!

Back to the Crosshill bush.  I rode the area today and a big congrats and thanks for the reroute. Very nice trail and everyone seemed to stay on it.

Back to the Crosshill bush.  I rode the area today and a big congrats and thanks for the reroute. Very nice trail and everyone seemed to stay on it.

I must have just missed you! Your clubs trails were great today and we seen the groomer just north of Shakespeare. Almost ever. Trail around your area was bump free. Incredible. I know where I am going tommorrow again!

Great ride yesterday around the Shakespeare area and north, trails are in great shape...thanks to all volunteers for the great work

Appreciate the kind comments about Shakespeare area trails. Will pass them onto the other operators for our area. It's great to hear positive feed back especially for our new groomer captains first year.

Appreciate the kind comments about Shakespeare area trails. Will pass them onto the other operators for our area. It's great to hear positive feed back especially for our new groomer captains first year.

It was great and the loop thru gads hill was awesome, best I have seen it in years. Big thumbs up! I always enjoy riding your trails. It helps the area usually see's less traffic then say St Clements Elimira area.

I agree we see less traffic through most of the trails the tower line is a different story

• 1 month later...

Rode this trail a few times this year (last friday night even!), and was loads of fun and much less painful than the old bush trail (although it was fun for a good workout, esp on my little XLT.) :)

If memory serves I think this was where there's a corner away from the pits, when coming back towards St. clements that seemed like a dramatic left turn coming over a blind hill, and that almost felt banked the wrong way. ;) I saw more than a few tracks that blew it.  Obviously ignoring the slow sign before the hill.

Sadly despite the signage, it did look as though there was a least one track into the pits (but fortunately didn't look like any followers.)  Curious if there was any report back from the landowners on the success/concerns, and if looks positive will open again next year.

Hope so and great work folks!

Archived