Best place in Cochrane

jamm999

Going on a saddle bag trip from New liskeard to Cochrane to Hearst to Timmins and back to New Liskeard in a couple of weeks, the only place I'm not sure about is Cochrane. Whats the best place or best choices to stay there( with phone number please) Thanks

Jamm, check the link in my signature. If the Westway is booked, try the Thriftlodge. Not fancy, but access to the trail and food next door. Don't stay @ the Chimo. 

• 10 months later...

So after searching around a few different threads, and trying to find the "best" spot to "stay and ride" from Cochrane, am I right in thinking the order is....

1. Thirftlodge

2. Westway

3. Best Western

Again, heading up soon and using Cochrane as a "Home Base" so Trail Access, Fuel and Food is beneficial.

All help and input is greatly appreciated!!

I prefer Westway as well.  However, I do like Terry's Steakhouse next to the Thriftlodge.

We stayed at the Westway last year and I'll stay there again..

Westway seems to be getting the vote! 

What would be 2nd choice?

I haven't called up there for reservations yet, but I just wanna be prepared. 

Haven't stayed there yet, but my second choice would probably be the ThriftLodge.

Thanks all! 

We've just booked the Westway for our stay!

It's gonna be worth the 8hr drive! Ha!

how are the trails up there is it worth a 14hr drive

Not unles you go to cochrane I would imagine and then it would be worth the 15.5 hour drive.

Thriftlodge is our choice. It's right on the trail, restaurant riht in front and walking distance to JR's.

how far can you sled up there

At dinner in Cochrane (JR's Ribs), we once spoke to an exhausted group that just completed a 1000 km day trip (Cochrane - Hornepayne - Cochrane).

So, you can sled pretty far, lol

(it was an extreme ride, 5 am departure, Coke and Dorito's at the Esso in Hornepayne and right back to Cochrane for 10 pm, when we saw them)

__

Westway.

Once tried North Adventure Inn with HadAnIQ, ThinkI'mDragon, Sledjunk et al. Not going back.

At dinner in Cochrane (JR's Ribs), we once spoke to an exhausted group that just completed a 1000 km day trip (Cochrane - Hornepayne - Cochrane).

So, you can sled pretty far, lol

(it was an extreme ride, 5 am departure, Coke and Dorito's at the Esso in Hornepayne and right back to Cochrane for 10 pm, when we saw them)

__

Westway.

Once tried North Adventure Inn with HadAnIQ, ThinkI'mDragon, Sledjunk et al. Not going back.[/quote

X2 Canuck.....BTW, like the names...

how are the trails up there is it worth a 14hr drive

We typically ride from Nesw Liskeard to Cochrane then to Hearst from there we have done both Wawa and/or Chapleau; Chapleau is a long day. It was nice when the C101F was open, you could go back up to Timmins, now you have to ride a much bigger loop or backtrack.

Archived