They want our coin but don't support snowmobiling

SparkPlug

I think I said this before on another thread but what about a window sticker that says ''  OFSC Supporter  'current year' " in large letters. Not one of the older signs that say club supporter or whatever with 3 or 4 old yearly stickers on it and no current year. That way we and others know what's going on. A business may support a club in other ways and may not even have a map ad. We all know many gas stations, motels and fast food places that directly cater to snowmobilers don't support the clubs. There should be a focused  attempt to show these owners and managers that without a trail in the area there will be no snowmobilers at their establishment. Within a mile of my house, there is a motel and restaurant that support the club but the major gas bar and donut shop next door don't. The trail gets groomed to the restaurant and the others benefit. Possibly a form letter from OFSC  on local club letterhead explaining why we need the businesses to be on board and how this will also improve their business.

Sometimes there is only one game in town and we have to go there and they know that.

RW

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running WIld, I really really like that idea......

Nunz

Running WIld, I really really like that idea......

Nunz

So do I, but with one exception.  The sign and letter should only be from the club / grooming org / district as it is they who canvas the businesses and get the funding.  The idea is to have the locals and visitors know that this business is supporting sledding in their community.  Too often, the perception is that the OFSC is big brother and in Barrie.  Best to keep the focus local.

JMO.

Okay here is a positive headsup to a Gas Station business in Echo Bay that supports OFSC and the local club, (I see advertisements and maps etc when you pay for your gas)

For those that drive thru the Sault and go east on TransCanada Hwy, (or if coming from east going to Sault/Wawa )  you used to have to drive thru Echo Bay. But the new fourlanes bypasses it by a mile or two since 2008 . So businesses like this one miss out.

But what is not so well known is that the old Highway 17 still exists and exits right back onto the fourlane Transcanada  a couple miles past Echo Bay. Of note : The old way is 3 kilometers SHORTER than the new four lanes , so even though you get to drive 100 kph the new way, by going the old more scenic way at 80 kph you only lose maybe two minutes , but you get to fill your truck with gas at the Echo Bay PIT STOP , where the gas prices are the same or less than the Sault and they pump your gas for you and provide employment for teenagers and a treat for your dog. ,….and support your trails, also snowmachines can  ride up to the pumps . Win win , oh and burger and coffee place next door and LCBO across the road. …and no I don’t work there, but want a gas station to always exist for our small town. So exit on 17 B for a change of pace.

Marty at the Pit Stop is a great ambassador of the area/region. if they have room, he will let you overnight park there (make sure to buy, gas, or drop him a few bucks for looking out for you). if he doesnt have room, he will work with the resto to get you a place to park. always great to help the little guys, they will in turn help you as well.

havent been there in a few years due to the F trail issues, hoping to get up there this season. Eric

You and Wild Bill are right.  I apologize for the post.  It's been adjusted. 

Thanks

How about local clubs come up with a Sticker/Decal - inexpensive sign a business along the trail could purchase from the club for less $$ than a Map add.

Maybe another way to increase revenue and business participation.

Restaurant could have it in the window, on the door, or out front on a post.  "WE SUPPORT BLANK CLUB" with club LOGO

Sell it to them for $100 or $200

might get  a bunch more sales when they decline the trail map add

Get every trail permit sales person to push permit buyers to look for these signs as well as map adds, might slowly change some business attitiudes

Maybe having a stack of LOGO signs would be a way to generate $$$ from all the business' that benefit from sledding but are not on a trail.

Dealers, Gas pumps, Motel/Hotel off trail, Local Tourism Orgs, Insurance companies, parts suppliers, Canadian Tire,  etc, etc

Maybe having a stack of LOGO signs would be a way to generate $$$ from all the business' that benefit from sledding but are not on a trail.

Dealers, Gas pumps, Motel/Hotel off trail, Local Tourism Orgs, Insurance companies, parts suppliers, Canadian Tire,  etc, etc

Agreed. 

Archived