BIG THANKS TO BIG REG !!!

yamataz

Just wanted to Thank you Big Reg for making sure we had enough gas for the trip to Hearst on Monday, the 25th ! We made it there with some to spare, although with the new sleds,we weren't sure how far we could go. It was GREAT to finally meet Luc, The Groomer Guy and Big Reg! We really enjoyed your trails, they were the best !!! We had a Fabulous trip, did at least 200 miles each day for 5 days and visited all the towns you guys are always talking about. It was like a dream come true.! We had a really fun train ride to Dubreiulville, with only 9 people aboard the whole train and 7 sleds, spent a night there, next night in Hearst, and then on to Cochrane for the next night. Some people told us we couldn't make it to Chapleau in one day from there, but we rolled in about 5 p.m., no problem, and that on the coldest day of our week! -29'C !! Then we had an 'Ernieburger' in Missanabie for lunch on Thursday, and spent the night in Wawa. Friday was a challenging day. After a great lunch at Halfway Haven, it started to snow. The predicted 1-3 cm quickly fell before 2 p.m. and it just kept on falling. By the time we got to the Soo, we could hardly find the trail anymore. The nice lady in Searchmont, Linda at the General Store, gave us directions for a shorter ride there and we made it in by 6 p.m. But the trails were so thick by then that it was a little hairy for the last couple hours. But we made it! All in all, it was a FANTASTIC week and I'm so glad we did this trip.! Now I know where you guys are talking about and I think the sign at Halfway Haven says it all "Halfway to Heaven" !! Sure seems like it! Can't wait to go back again next year! Thanks to all you groomers and friends for making it possible! :woot:

Hey JustMe - it's a great part of the province for sledding, eh?

Well, it was only a wave, but we "met" each other on the 25th - as our groups switched towns - you D'ville to Hearst and us Hearst to D'ville. I think you spoke with one of our group in Hornpayne as the rest of us were engaged in a little 'trail side maintenance' just north of there.

Some of the best trails ever !! We'll be going back, for sure.

engaged in a little 'trail side maintenance'

Zip up faster STG. You're becoming a legend out there.

:lol:

Archived