bambinos to klotz lake, longlac????

skidooboy

toni, hows bambinos to klotz lake conditions? hows the pipeline? still full of fluff or all tracked up?? how much rain freezing rain came with the warm up? thinking about trailering to bambinos and riding over, having lunch, topping off and riding back to the truck this weekend conditions permiting. ski

Ski,

Rode it last Monday, from Bambino's to Pagwa it was awesome, Hearst groomed on 2/23 to the bridge, it may have been the best trail on our 1500 mile trip. Longlac hadn't groomed since the end of January, they have since groomed their portion as well. Watch for the Peanut Creek water crossings, they were open when we went through. Only about 6 feet across but we decided to go around, the consequences of not making it are too high, I understand that they have installed a snow bridge since we were there. It's just about 1 km on the shoulder of the highway to get around it anyway, we were able to ride on top of the plowed shoulder.

Good Luck,

Wow - I'm sorry, Skidooboy - I havent' been on line for a while, but I didn't see you this weekend. Where is everybody? These trails are GREAT and nobody is on them. I haven't seen a sole since 2 guys came in over a week ago. Come visit us.....

we drove to hornepayne and stayed and rode offtrail only there for 4 days. i didnt get a response on the conditions i was looking for (mostly looking to see if anyone was playing offtrail on the pipeline.) so we opted not to trailer up to bambinos and ride over and back like planned. we'll get up there sooner or later.

the reason no one is up there is lack of extra money and poor economic futures. fuel at hornepayne was 1.26 per litre. and when we got home fuel went to 3.45 per u.s gallon here at home (diesel fuel in the soo (u.s side) was 4.02 per gallon) . dont think many people from the states wil be venturing north of the border anytime soon due to that and our poor exchange rate and no incentives (we cant claim gst rebates anylonger) unless our dollar perks up or something globally breaks loose so the economy gets better. wished i had better news but i truely think it will get worse before better.

lets all pray it does get better. ski

Archived