Hanover & Neustadt trails

How are the trails coming along in Hanover and surrounding areas?  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there last fri & sat and trails were good.

Was there last fri & sat and trails were good.

Thanks 

How did the trails hold up throguh the mild spell Jan. 11 and 12? The trails around Hanover are still listed as Limited.

Do you think they would be passable later on this week?

Water is going to be the issue. We've dodged todays rain so far. I know clubs have been accessing damage and signage. It's a cross your fingers and wait and see. I'm hopeful.

Water is going to be the issue. We've dodged todays rain so far. I know clubs have been accessing damage and signage. It's a cross your fingers and wait and see. I'm hopeful.

Good news if the rain stays away.  Keep us posted.  I am in Gravenhurst right now and it is a light rain.  Hope like heck it turns to snow REAL SOON.  There is a ton of snow here.  I'm just sitting here waiting for the green lights in hopefully a couple of days.   I haven't had time to ride yet this year. :banghead:

Let us know what you find on the conditions Extreme600.

Unfortunately due to the LACK OF NEW SNOW we decided to come back home and do some work.  I won't be back up until Monday the 20th.  By then you will be able to tell me the conditions.   :icon_clapclap:   I am hoping you will have good news for me. :snow-141:  

My daughter and I are off to check signage throughout this whole area. Will give you a report tomorrow night. I know talking to the guys from Arthur they should be good. Fergus is still having brushing issues but I honestly think things will come together quite nicely here. Up the center, Palmerston Listowel was sounding positive.

Thanks for the update. One more week and things should be ok!

Thanks for the update. One more week and things should be ok!

That would be GREAT news.   :right_on:

Unfortunately due to the LACK OF NEW SNOW we decided to come back home and do some work.  I won't be back up until Monday the 20th.  By then you will be able to tell me the conditions.   :icon_clapclap:   I am hoping you will have good news for me. :snow-141:

Will do my best to give a report.

You folks are good to go. Was down the center to about Palmerston through Hanover and then up to Mildmay and across to the B108 and back north to Chesley.

As long as we remember the potential water issues both in the bush and in some fields. Trails are pretty icy but the groomers have been out trying to break it up.

Cheers.

They are gtg, as long as listed open on the interactive. Chesley has been down a groomer all week. they hope to have it up by tomorrow and they should be open as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything should be sweet this weekend!

Wow are you guys ever getting hammered this year.  I like it.  We have a lot of snow in Gravenhurst, but I here you guys have more.  We are hoping to come out to your neck of the woods this week.  Hopefully Tuesday and Wednesday.  I wish groundhog day was next weekend damn it.  Sunday is the Super Bowl.  Of course I am hosting the party so guess I have a lot of work to do, therefore NO SLEDDING to see Wiarton Willie once again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Hanover Neustadt trails as well as Chesley..amazing. Great base. Drifting again, what else is new but fab ride..STAY AWAY, trails are horrible :)

Rode Hanover Neustadt trails as well as Chesley..amazing. Great base. Drifting again, what else is new but fab ride..STAY AWAY, trails are horrible :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like we should plan a little trip to the HORRIBLE trails next week.  My brother was in the poker run last Saturday and really hated  enjoyed it. It was the first time for him and the wife and kid.  Too bad his other kid had to play hockey. LMAO  He said the trails were horrible also.  Will have to make sure they are for myself.

Is the traffic any lighter this year?

We rode 145 miles tonight - small loop from Kincardine - port elgin - chesly - neaustadt - back to Kincardine. 5:30 - 10:20 with two gas stops and a hour stop for wings.

Trails were awesome . Saw maybe 12 on trail and 50-60 sleds at the Top End.

We rode 145 miles tonight - small loop from Kincardine - port elgin - chesly - neaustadt - back to Kincardine. 5:30 - 10:20 with two gas stops and a hour stop for wings.

Trails were awesome . Saw maybe 12 on trail and 50-60 sleds at the Top End.

I can't wait to get out to the Top End by sled finally this year.  We went last year in early March!!!

Not sure whats going on with the Top End, closed Sunday in sled season seems strange, For Sale sign in window. This will be the third time we've tried to give them money. Went to Cravings in Hanover today, excellent food and reasonable. Not bad to get to.

Trails around are awful..stay away. Kudos to the grooming crew.  :right_on:

Not sure whats going on with the Top End, closed Sunday in sled season seems strange, For Sale sign in window. This will be the third time we've tried to give them money. Went to Cravings in Hanover today, excellent food and reasonable. Not bad to get to.

Trails around are awful..stay away. Kudos to the grooming crew.  :right_on:

Oh no problem.  I won't go on your crappy trails!!  You know that I hate when they are awful.   LOL  Cravings is by Haldimands right?  So you can still take that trail to the motel than?  Hmmmmmmmmm might have to check out those awful trails.  Damn I hope they are still awful for the week of Feb.24th.   Can't get that way before then.

That would suck if the Top End closes.  I really like that stop.  My brother use to live around the corner from there.

Archived