Hanover & Neustadt trails

Not sure whats going on with the Top End, closed Sunday in sled season seems strange, For Sale sign in window. This will be the third time we've tried to give them money. Went to Cravings in Hanover today, excellent food and reasonable. Not bad to get to.

Trails around are awful..stay away. Kudos to the grooming crew.  :right_on:

Went there yesterday, was real busy. There menu is kind of limited though with everything breaded. If you can't have wheat you are going home starving! They are closed Sundays and holiday Monday. Great 175 mile ride yesterday. Went in circles the loop is abit confusing to get back out Palmerston way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went there yesterday, was real busy. There menu is kind of limited though with everything breaded. If you can't have wheat you are going home starving! They are closed Sundays and holiday Monday. Great 175 mile ride yesterday. Went in circles the loop is abit confusing to get back out Palmerston way.

Thanks Viperules700 that puts a smile on my face now.  Sometimes in that area you do get to ride in circles, but when trails are nice it really doesn't matter.

Thanks Viperules700 that puts a smile on my face now.  Sometimes in that area you do get to ride in circles, but when trails are nice it really doesn't matter.

Service was quick. I guess they need a break so they shutdown on Sundays. I can't blame them. They were the only place that still had trail maps behind the bar. Trails are great as always.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :secret2:

Remember they are awful.  LOL   :ssh:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :secret2:

Remember they are awful.  LOL   :ssh:

Oh yeah. There was so much road rash from the hot sun, I swear never ride the area again. Can't afford new carbides every ride!

Well, how did the trails and roads hold up in the area?  My big debate is whether we hit that area this week or next.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions, decisions.

Well, how did the trails and roads hold up in the area?  My big debate is whether we hit that area this week or next.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions, decisions.

Rode Neusdtadt, Hanover, Chesley yesterday. trails were great. A little rutted in the am but great once it got a little sun.

Rode Neusdtadt, Hanover, Chesley yesterday. trails were great. A little rutted in the am but great once it got a little sun.

Great info, thanks.  I appreciate it.

Great info, thanks.  I appreciate it.

X2 thanks I'm heading that way tomorrow :)

Top end is closed Sun , Mon and Tues. Open Wed, Thur at 3Pm Fri and sat at noon.

That is a good post!!!

• 10 months later...

Well guys it is getting to that time of the year for me!!!  Need to go sledding mid January.  How are things coming along in the area???  Calling on Faceman, Winterules and viperules!!!  Come on guys, I hear it is getting white outside.  PLEASE!!!!

Haven't been that far north yet. The squalls are coming in and there is a snow squall warning in effect. I am thinking maybe next week, trails could start to open, depending if the squalls materialize. We really need a good storm to get things going, as squalls can be very localized. Suppose to get 6 to 12" by tommorrow night, if accuawesther is correct. More squalls on Thursday too.

Where is a good place to park the truck and trailer in that area ?

Depends on where you want to go. I live near you too. You can park at race track in Hanover, direct trail access. If you go to duram homestead resort will let you park for the day. Tivetdale can park at truck stop, just outside of Palmerston. Mitchell can park at truck stop too, sebringville can park at the old hotel, only open weekend now I think. St Mary's can park at science snow drifter club house, great spot too.

Depends on where you want to go. I live near you too. You can park at race track in Hanover, direct trail access. If you go to duram homestead resort will let you park for the day. Tivetdale can park at truck stop, just outside of Palmerston. Mitchell can park at truck stop too, sebringville can park at the old hotel, only open weekend now I think. St Mary's can park at science snow drifter club house, great spot too.

I think the old Sebringville hotel that is now called Daves DIner, and is open daily again

I didn't know the trail went right to the race track in hanover,

been years but we use to park at the old Spot restaurant in Durham the trail was right there.

I didn't know the trail went right to the race track in hanover,

been years but we use to park at the old Spot restaurant in Durham the trail was right there.

Do you mean Durham or Mount Forest for the Spot restaurant?

Ther is a Spot restaurant at the top end of Mount Forest and you could park across the sideroad in the old fuel depot right at the trail. Trail is still right there as far as I know.

I know last year the trail ends at Hanover Downs.  We stayed at the Hanover Inn which is across the road from the horse track last year and many previous years. 

I think the old Sebringville hotel that is now called Daves DIner, and is open daily again

Ok cool! I wonder if they are still letting sledders park at the back of their lot then?

Do you mean Durham or Mount Forest for the Spot restaurant?

Ther is a Spot restaurant at the top end of Mount Forest and you could park across the sideroad in the old fuel depot right at the trail. Trail is still right there as far as I know.

yes that's the one im talking about

• 2 weeks later...

How are things near Hanover.  I rode up as far as Harriston today from Mitchell.  Ranged from 4/10 to 7/10

We rode from Seaforth to Owen sound and back today Hanover to Owen sound was good.

We rode from Seaforth to Owen sound and back today Hanover to Owen sound was good.

Thanks for the post.  We are planning on going that way next week.  Hopefully book at Travellers Inn and get some riding in that area.  Come on snow and cold!!!

Archived