SNOWCREST TRAILS 2013 & 2014

2bsledding

Thanks Team Kashe Lake and all of the great volunteers at Snwcrest

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will be great to have the lake ready. It runs right in front of my sister's place. Thought we were going to have to run the road down to where it comes off the lake by Three Mile.

Great work guys.!!!

With all of your discussions regarding "Ontario Conditions" with Snowcrest I had to sign in to see what it was all about!

Thank you for allowing my son and I to ride with your group yesterday.

Today was an eventful mission.  I got the call from Pat the Groomer asking if I could spare a "bit of time" riding in front/behind him on the D-Trail hills today warning sledders of his position.  Something about he was tired of sleds flying into him.

I got my trailer hooked up and (this time) was able to make it up my hill without a tow.  Drove to the highway to load my two (my daughter who seemed to take forever to get ready) sleds for the short drive into Gravenhurst. 

Problem 1 - I brought two left gloves with me.  Since I was hot at that point, no need for two gloves just to load the sleds - wrong!.

Problem 2 - the quick drop in temperature frooze my trailer doors!

That seemed to take (still no daughter in sight) forever to get one door open so that I could load the sleds.

Then, off to Gravenhurst where Pat called me on my cell.  He said he was moving on without me and that we were to catch up.

Problem 3 - I took my son's (2 XL while I wear a L) hemlet!

A phone call to Pat saying that we would be a bit longer while my wife brought me my helmet (I simply took my black helmet that was on the chair [not put away like we are supposed to] since I throw my stuff anywhere I seem to want to says my wife).  You can call that Problem 4 as it was I told you so when (my ears were cold waiting) my wife showed up in town to make the exchange.

Problem 5 - finally caught up to Pat (the groomer does not chug along the trails very fast) only to hear my daughter say that she was cold and boared. 

Problem 6 - she was hungry and we were only 1/2 way down the trail Pat wanted help with.

Got back to town (I only want to suppor those restaurants that support the Club) for "lunch" at 4!

No dinner tonight. 

But, my first post is written and the sleds are in the trailer waiting (with the door locked since they melted in the sunshine today) for a ride in the morning!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your efforts.

Welcome to the forum Tableware, you'll find a lot of great people and info on this site.

Just be careful and watch out for the mouse!!

With all of your discussions regarding "Ontario Conditions" with Snowcrest I had to sign in to see what it was all about!

Thank you for allowing my son and I to ride with your group yesterday.

Today was an eventful mission.  I got the call from Pat the Groomer asking if I could spare a "bit of time" riding in front/behind him on the D-Trail hills today warning sledders of his position.  Something about he was tired of sleds flying into him.

I got my trailer hooked up and (this time) was able to make it up my hill without a tow.  Drove to the highway to load my two (my daughter who seemed to take forever to get ready) sleds for the short drive into Gravenhurst. 

Problem 1 - I brought two left gloves with me.  Since I was hot at that point, no need for two gloves just to load the sleds - wrong!.

Problem 2 - the quick drop in temperature frooze my trailer doors!

That seemed to take (still no daughter in sight) forever to get one door open so that I could load the sleds.

Then, off to Gravenhurst where Pat called me on my cell.  He said he was moving on without me and that we were to catch up.

Problem 3 - I took my son's (2 XL while I wear a L) hemlet!

A phone call to Pat saying that we would be a bit longer while my wife brought me my helmet (I simply took my black helmet that was on the chair [not put away like we are supposed to] since I throw my stuff anywhere I seem to want to says my wife).  You can call that Problem 4 as it was I told you so when (my ears were cold waiting) my wife showed up in town to make the exchange.

Problem 5 - finally caught up to Pat (the groomer does not chug along the trails very fast) only to hear my daughter say that she was cold and boared. 

Problem 6 - she was hungry and we were only 1/2 way down the trail Pat wanted help with.

Got back to town (I only want to suppor those restaurants that support the Club) for "lunch" at 4!

No dinner tonight. 

But, my first post is written and the sleds are in the trailer waiting (with the door locked since they melted in the sunshine today) for a ride in the morning!

Welcome to the forum Tableware. Thank you to you and your family for all you do for snowcrest & snowmobiling!!!

Nice to see you here Tableware, great riding with you and your son the other day, hopefully we can meet up again soon.

NEW (old) Snowcrest Trail # 16 is now Available (GREEN) and so is Taboo Resort for snowmobile business! Access from D trail at unmaintained but groomed Barnes Rd (formerly Reay Rd). Head west to Winhara Rd. Turn right at Winhara Rd. Travel approx 30 metres and turn left on to OFSC Snowcrest Trail 16. Trail ends at Taboo Clubhouse approx. 3kms in. Welcome aboard Taboo Resort!!!  

Just got back from a ride from Kahshe Lake to Taboo.

Trail 16 is easy to find and in great shape.  Stopped in for a cup of chili and hot chocolate. Staff is very accomodating.

Btw, squalls hitting Kahshe Lake pretty good right now!

Cheers

Any more info on the Lake section being ready yet?

Which lake section?

The North South where it runs up to the exit for 3 mile lake.

If you mean the section of Kahshe Lake that runs in front of your sisters place then yes it is safe. It will be staked as soon as the temperature improves.  Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.  No one wanted to staked it today with -36c wind chill.

Trail 3 from D to Buck Lake is blocked with trees down just before Buck Lake.  There was no way around and we had to turn around. Very difficult in the deep snow.

We stuck some pine branches at the intersection of 3 and D to try and discourage anyone from following our tracks until it can be cleared.

Thanks for the info

Good to know. I am brining my power auger with me anyway to test out the bay and maybe make an ice rink.

If you guys need any help over the weekend let me know. I'm bringing my tow-sled, power auger, and chain saw.

I'll be there some time tonight and have to head back Sunday late afternoon/evening. (damn work always gets in the way)

Cheers!

Ian

If you mean the section of Kahshe Lake that runs in front of your sisters place then yes it is safe. It will be staked as soon as the temperature improves.  Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.  No one wanted to staked it today with -36c wind chill.

Bring your auger, you"ll probably find 10 - 12, with a few layers.

Conditions are good around here. How can they not be, Lots of snow and COLD!

Trail 3 from D to Buck Lake is blocked with trees down just before Buck Lake.  There was no way around and we had to turn around. Very difficult in the deep snow.

We stuck some pine branches at the intersection of 3 and D to try and discourage anyone from following our tracks until it can be cleared.

You beat me to it as far as mentioning this. We have a couple of people and a chainsaw operator that is going in trial 3 from D this Saturday morning at 9am tostart clearing the trail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am told it is quite a mess. If we can get enough help, we might be able to get this trail from B to D open soon. I know Snowcrest has had the groomer in on trail 3 from B to Buck / Ryde Lk. Anyone interested in helping, just show up around 9ish.  

I might be able to make it out for a little bit. 

Does anyone know if trail 4 near Kahshe Lake has been cleared yet?

The last I heard it was not Ron, think they are working on it this weekend.

Trails were mint today, COLD but mint :)

Does anyone know if trail 4 near Kahshe Lake has been cleared yet?

Its been cleared, but just so you can pass it. It still needs to be done completely. 

I managed to get some more clearing done on Trail 4 near Graham Road today

Here are some pics...

20719A0D-3212-4C56-ACC6-A95D885883A2_zps

2D9154D8-08AF-4935-B389-E6B0FF1E9F4A_zps

Trails were mint weren't they.  I wasn't cold, just had to dress properly. We're staking Kahshe tomorrow so if we have enough people we'll send some over to trail 4 and do some brushing.

Archived