SNOWCREST TRAILS 2013 & 2014

2bsledding

Trails were mint weren't they.  I wasn't cold, just had to dress properly. We're staking Kahshe tomorrow so if we have enough people we'll send some over to trail 4 and do some brushing.

What time Ron? I might give Steve a hand on Trail 3 if you guys have enough help on Kahshe tomorrow .

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trails were mint weren't they.  I wasn't cold, just had to dress properly. We're staking Kahshe tomorrow so if we have enough people we'll send some over to trail 4 and do some brushing.

That would be great if a few could go in with a chainsaw to help Roger & Tom who will be heading towards Kashe Lk from Severn Bridge on Trail 4. Roger & Tom are new volunteers who will be looking after grooming trail 4 to Kashe Lk. It would be nice to meet up and say welcome aboard!

We should have enough, we only have one drill so it slows things down.  Probably be more help at either 3 or 4.

But come by and say hi. 

Lunch is at Cronin's whenever we're done.

Okay, See you at some point tomorrow !

I rode almost 500 km on Snowcrest and Sno-Bombers trails this past week. All I can say is I have never seen such great conditions so early. The grooming by all clubs has been fantastic. 

Carmen

I told the Groomer Operators to take all of the credit as they are usually the ones blamed when Mother Nature works against us all. I agree! I do not remember such a nice set of trails any time anywhere! Thank you to everyone involved!

Another blast of snow coming sunday ,shaping up to be a good one

There needs to be a trail 16 trail sign at the intersection of D, maybe that also says Taboo this way.  If there was one there it's now gone.

There needs to be a trail 16 trail sign at the intersection of D, maybe that also says Taboo this way.  If there was one there it's now gone.

Thank you for the info. Trail / business signs are already on order. We will arrange to put the signs up when they come in.

We should have enough, we only have one drill so it slows things down.  Probably be more help at either 3 or 4.

But come by and say hi. 

Lunch is at Cronin's whenever we're done.

I would love to come by however, I have been so busy doing club related things as well as dealing with personal issues that I haven't had a chance to even look at my sleds. I just dug them out from under 3 feet of snow the day before yesterday. I have to put a couple of new groomer operators through their online training today and our Club's Risk Management training, and then this evening and tomorrow clean off the roof on my house before it caves in. This Friday is surgery day, so I will be out of commission for a week or two. I am so thankful that Snowcrest has awesome volunteers that keep things going.  

Will be heading out on Snowcrest & Bomber trails again today, might come by and see the Kashe Crew depending on what time we get away

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery Bob

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery Bob

X2.  Hope all goes well for you Bob.

The trees are cut and cleared on Trail 4. Bob and Tom and Roger caame through with drag. Kahshe Trail 4 & Trail D have been staked. Time for Chili and Brown Pops!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good.  What address?   LOL

I would love to come by however, I have been so busy doing club related things as well as dealing with personal issues that I haven't had a chance to even look at my sleds. I just dug them out from under 3 feet of snow the day before yesterday. I have to put a couple of new groomer operators through their online training today and our Club's Risk Management training, and then this evening and tomorrow clean off the roof on my house before it caves in. This Friday is surgery day, so I will be out of commission for a week or two. I am so thankful that Snowcrest has awesome volunteers that keep things going.

Bob, I hope everything goes well.You'll be up a ready to go for a ride in no time!!

The trees are cut and cleared on Trail 4. Bob and Tom and Roger caame through with drag. Kahshe Trail 4 & Trail D have been staked. Time for Chili and Brown Pops!

Awesome everyone! We will have the websites updated asap. I have a feeling lots of trails will be going green this week once we get the PB100 up and running. We still need it to make a couple of passes on some swamps before we can cross with our larger / heavier groomers. Trail 3 was cleared today and should be ready to open soon. A number of culverts replaced in another area of our trail system today as well. It's unreal that with the cold temps we have had that we still have running water in some areas! Thanks again everyone!!!   

Today at 2 pm I saw a Taboo sign at the intersection of D and the new 16. Not OFSC issue, but at least something temporary.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. What address? LOL

Sorry Dee but ya missed it. We ate it all!! And was it ever good. Home made soup also.

Loads of thanks to the Cronin's for having us. Great hosts.

Thanks to all the workers today. Had a couple issues with the one and only drill but Micheal took us back to his shop and we McGiver'd it so we could finish up..

Had a great blast with wife and sis later this afternoon. One more shot tomorrow before heading home for a couple days.

Back soon!,

** oh ya, I walked out by sisters dock to try my new ice auger. At least 14" where I drilled a couple test hols

Today at 2 pm I saw a Taboo sign at the intersection of D and the new 16. Not OFSC issue, but at least something temporary.

OFSC Taboo business signs are on order. Taboo was given the ok to put up temp signs. We made up some Snowcrest Trail 16 signs with arrows today but still need to get someone to put them up. 

PM sent.

Had a couple issues with the one and only drill but UNCLE DAD took us back to his shop and we McGiver'd it so we could finish up..

We created a thin metal shim stock from an empty beer can. We had to empty 21 cans to find one that worked. AND...I'm invoicing the club. 10 cents for the empty I can no longer return !!!

Thanks, Iangj, for joining our crew today - it really helped! While Sherpa was down 4 with his chain saw clearing those trees, you filled in admirably as the guy who set up the stakes I dropped. KahsheRider can drill better than an endontist and u2 made a beautiful team!!

Way to go guys sorry I missed you all got a later start than had planned but got to enjoy your hard work, we did stop into Summerland store as tradition dictates and I did get to see my buddy Nancy after you guys left, apparently me and Rod passed each other and didn't know it!

Hope to be back real soon

Way to go guys sorry I missed you all got a later start than had planned but got to enjoy your hard work, we did stop into Summerland store as tradition dictates and I did get to see my buddy Nancy after you guys left, apparently me and Rod passed each other and didn't know it!

Hope to be back real soon

Close Call ! <Whew!>

Good Stuff Everyone!  

It was Nice seeing the Kahshe crew today!

Also,

Thanks to Steve who  cleared Trail 3 today!

Archived