Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

text sent

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Guys, Cant make it out. We had a track slip off the groomer last night, so we reparied it today and I am at work now untill 7am Tomorrow. Gotta sleep sometime!

So many things can get in the way of a good ride.

We will see you out soon, I'm sure.

SlowTouringGal and I are heading north in the morning and, I doubt, we will be back in the Summerland region in your 1 - 2 o'clock time-frame.  Damn. 

Hopefully we'll connect one of these days soon.  You too, White Dragon.  I passed you and SledJunk and others going in the opposite direction last Saturday morning.  (who can miss SledJunk's machine with the neon lights, the Christmas tree and the driver looking like R2D2).  We had made plans some weeks ago to be in the Parry Sound area for an overnight so had to miss the breakfast.  The Snowcrest Pancake day is great and I'm glad you (and so many others) were able to make it.  Every 8 bucks counts, eh ??  Thank you for supporting the Club !

I'll keep looking here for your planned rides !

SlowTouringGal and I are heading north in the morning and, I doubt, we will be back in the Summerland region in your 1 - 2 o'clock time-frame.  Damn. 

Hopefully we'll connect one of these days soon.  You too, White Dragon.  I passed you and SledJunk and others going in the opposite direction last Saturday morning.  (who can miss SledJunk's machine with the neon lights, the Christmas tree and the driver looking like R2D2).  We had made plans some weeks ago to be in the Parry Sound area for an overnight so had to miss the breakfast.  The Snowcrest Pancake day is great and I'm glad you (and so many others) were able to make it.  Every 8 bucks counts, eh ??  Thank you for supporting the Club !

R2D2  is actually shorter

The Christmas tree?

Glad to hear it.

I hope more people post some riding plans with invitations to other sledders.

Happy Trails. And lakes.

lol...it's ez to spot sledjunk,even at nite i've picked him out...stg we'll have to ride together soon,

Hey gang...

I know most of you guys are already out riding as I type....I could not give any details for myself on todays ride as I was waiting for a buddy who had some things to take care of this AM.  So as of now I know we are heading out around 10:45AM today from My lake.

I think we both have all day/evening to ride so we are in no hurry, and will aim to possibly run into Blakes group if possible later on.

Heading south from Mary Lake:

-d103b

-B across wood lake

-3 trail

-D across Kahshe lake

-Summerland store

-B south to COOCH (if we are keeping a good pace)

If trails are slower then we might just end up back into Gravenhurst and not aim for ORO but at this time I want to try for Oro to east side marios for late lunch and gas at the shell.

Then we will head back north on cooch 204, 15 across sparrow lake and into Gravenhurst wharf possibly stopping at boston pizza before jumping onto lake muskoka(muskoka bay) and heading north up the lake to trail 32, to D back to Port sydney.

Its a pretty aggressive agenda but its just two of us and trails should be mint and light.   We will see if we make it this far.

Nunz, you have my number, shoot me a text(not iMessage incase im out of DATA range) and Maybe will see you guys somewhere along the trails today.  I know you and your wife are staying over in Gravenhurst so i will aim to text you when we are around there later on.  Enjoy your new sleds today, the poo 600s are strong for sure.

Hopefully one of you will log in here today sometime during your ride and read this post.

Suiting up now.

Dan

Hey gang...

I know most of you guys are already out riding as I type....I could not give any details for myself on todays ride as I was waiting for a buddy who had some things to take care of this AM.  So as of now I know we are heading out around 10:45AM today from My lake.

I think we both have all day/evening to ride so we are in no hurry, and will aim to possibly run into Blakes group if possible later on.

-d103b

-B across wood lake

-3 trail

-D across Kahshe lake

-Summerland store

If trails are slower then we might just end up back into Gravenhurst and not aim for ORO but at this time I want to try for Oro to east side marios for late lunch and gas at the shell.

Then we will head back north on cooch 204, 15 across sparrow lake and into Gravenhurst wharf possibly stopping at boston pizza before jumping onto lake muskoka(muskoka bay) and heading north up the lake to trail 32, to D back to Port sydney.

Its a pretty aggressive agenda but its just two of us and trails should be mint and light.   We will see if we make it this far.

Nunz, you have my number, shoot me a text(not iMessage incase im out of DATA range) and Maybe will see you guys somewhere along the trails today.  I know you and your wife are staying over in Gravenhurst so i will aim to text you when we are around there later on.  Enjoy your new sleds today, the poo 600s are strong for sure.

Hopefully one of you will log in here today sometime during your ride and read this post.

Suiting up now.

Dan

I read it! but not riding this weekend :( Have fun

-d103b

-B across wood lake

-3 trail

-D across Kahshe lake

-Summerland store

Darn it. We passed you on B trail around 1:00 just before we got to Summerland.

I thought it might have been you, but I wasn't leading at the time, and our group kept right on going. We met White Dragon and his friend Bill and Bill's son, Carter in Orillia at 11. Bill, Carter and White Dragon were ahead of me, on two black Skidoos and a black Polaris Adventure. I had the red GSX, and Nunz and Karen were behind me, on matching white Polaris Adventures. 

I spotted a southbound orange MXZ travelling with another orange sled. Bill was leading our northbound group at a pretty good pace, but I guess I should have slammed on the binders. Of course, we had no idea you would be in that neck of the woods, so I wasn't sure it was you. If we'd been ten or fifteen minutes earlier, we would have been at Summerland when you went by.

We would have had two more sleds in our group, but unfortunately iangj and his son Ryan had to bail out in Oriliia due to a mechanical issue. They got a run only from Gravenhurst to Orillia before having to call for a four wheeled conveyance.

PS: I can say for the record that you were well on your side of the trail.

I can also say that I met some excellent riding partners today: iangj and his son Brian, Nunz and partner Karen, White Dragon with miniature Lily as passenger, and his pal Bill and Bill's son Carter. We had a great run from Orillia to Summerland, with several chat stops and a good feed at Summerland.

Nunz and Karen are hanging around Gravenhurst for the weekend, looking for more trails to explore. Last I heard they were planning on heading from the Marriott toward Bala around nine tomorrow morning.....then down toward Orillia

SlowTouringGal and I got away a little later than planned this morning (1045) but had a quick trip up D to Port Sydney. I won't post the time elapsed from our home on Kah-She to the Pine Lodge Inn in case an OFSC official can do arithmetic. Great lunch at the Pine Lodge Inn.

Across Mary and south on the east split to Trail 41/44 into Bracebridge area and then south on D.

D south from Gravenhurst was so good we didn't even bail off onto 3 mile. A nice little 150(ish)Km run. Terrific trails !

Yes, the D was in nice shape from Kahshe into Gravenhurst.

This afternoon, Nunz, Karen and I took Three Mile from Sam Cooke Road, but only up to the point of land that leads off Three Mile and up the hill to the junction of B/D and 3. Once I saw the fine condition of D, I was kind of wishing we had run it right from Kahshe.

Darn it. We passed you on B trail around 1:00 just before we got to Summerland.

I thought it might have been you, but I wasn't leading at the time, and kept right on going. We met White Dragon and his friend Bill and Bill's son, Carter in Orillia at 11. Bill, Carter and White Dragon were ahead of me, on two black Skidoos and a black Polaris Adventure. I had the red GSX, and Nunz and Karen were behind me, each on a new Polaris Adventure. 

I spotted an orange MXZ and there was another orange sled following. Bill was setting a pretty good pace, but I guess I should have slammed on the binders any way. Of course, we had no idea you would be in that neck of the woods, so I wasn't sure if it was you. If we'd been ten or fifteen minutes quicker, we would have been at Summerland when you went by.

PS: I can say for the record that you were well on your side of the trail.

remember that sled too,can't miss it...very.nice.great little ride today,.nice to meet nunz & karen...we stopped at T near blue brigde & talked to blakesnowcrest for a bit & bet 30 sleds passed us...lily & i got puilled over again in orillia

Darn it. If we'd been ten or fifteen minutes quicker, 

it was all the smoking...for sure...lol

remember that sled too,can't miss it...very.nice.great little ride today,.nice to meet nunz & karen...we stopped at T near blue brigde & talked to blakesnowcrest for a bit & bet 30 sleds passed us...lily & i got puilled over again in orillia

That Lily is a pretty good talker for a five year old. You should start coaching her about how to deal with the police so she can help you out when you need it.

STG: How were 41 and 44 this afternoon?

I rode 44 once last winter and it was brutal. I'd love to try it again when I know it's in good shape.

Here's our happy group, Ryan, iangj, Karen and Nunz, at the junction of B and Uhthoff trail near Orillia.

post-22473-0-73759900-1391215510_thumb.jpg

This was five minutes before Ian and Ryan had to cut short their ride due to mechanical failure. :banghead:

Nunz and Karen on the D Trail bridge over Highway 11.

post-22473-0-74285200-1391215610_thumb.jpg

It was really nice meeting everyone today and riding some great trails with a great group of you.. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.. Hope to see all of you again soon.

Cheers to the weekend and more snow that's on its way.

Yup I saw you guys!....I looked real hard at the two new polaris Adventures and wondered....but Blake, stupid me was looking for a CAT leading the pack as I forgot you have it in for some work.   I for some reason thought you guys were running the opposite direction around.  And to think we stopped at the summerland store and talked for about 15 mins(at 12:47pm according to the pics), and if we had waited a few more mins would have seen you all...

We got to east side marios in Orillia at 2:30pm and we left here at 11am.  We were rolling.  I Texted Nunz(only number I had) when we were finishing lunch there around 3:30....We then ran up cooch and sparrow got us back to the wharf real fast....Texted Nunz from there as we were chatting parked across from boston pizza for about 30mins.....that was about 5:30.

Sorry I missed you guys, we were trying our best to see if we could catch some of the group.  Trails pretty nice most the way, rougher below wood lake and also around sparrow lake as to be expected.  

Pretty incredible how Orillia is now a one day jaunt by sled, with a 2 hr lunch and gas stop and a few trail side chats left at 11am and back here for 7pm, I think the next run will try for barrie!  

Some pics....

My bud on the matching 600X...orange jacket. Summerland store 12:47

and me at summerland store on my 800x...

Lake cooch at the TEE....

east side for lunch...

and a very nice OPP that we chatted with for some time....had to take his pic!

post-23178-0-74143400-1391219029_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-43568700-1391219056_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-84189400-1391219072_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-56262600-1391219083_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-96419200-1391219094_thumb.jpg

I totally agree Dan. It was kinda of hard to believe that we started in Huntsville at 645am and drove to Orillia then back to gravenhurst, It was a lot of fun.. We just love the ride of the adventures.. It was funny cause when we gassed up at cdn tire in gravenhurst there was a sled just like yours and his name was also Dan but he lives on Sparrow lake.. Only found that out cause thought it was you.. I've fixed my settings so should be able to send u text msgs, will try tommorrow again.. We will be heading back to home Sunday via Dorset or Dwight lets try and meet for lunch ok.

Great to hear you are enjoying your new sleds!     I had a feeling that was you guys when I saw two of those!   

I really liked the trail from baysville to wood lake, d103b.....havent gone that way in so long as I always run D trail south but this was a nice alternative. Will do this loop to Bracebridge more often for sure.....It was fresh groomed and mint all the way to wood lake from my back door.

Will talk more soon....We are riding north tomorrow to Dunchurch, going to try those 700s above the seguin for something new...been yrs since i went that way, some really hilly trails up there.

Dan

Here is todays ride/Map.......approx 280km day.

Dan

post-23178-0-81609300-1391220486_thumb.jpg

Good Seeing you again WD.

We gotta go for a ride soon!

Archived