Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

Nice report Blake.  Glad to see that you are looking at the positive side of things.  It is just great to be able to ride with peeps and enjoy the scenery.  Thanks for the report.  Can't wait to go back up there on Monday.  One of these years I will make it to the pancake breakfast so that I can meet some more peeps in our club.  Darn work anyways.  LOL

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ yes nice report Blake. It's sounds like another great ride.

Is the sled ramp still there in the parking lot

Yes. Snowcrest cleared away the snow and set up the ramp in Gull Lake Park a few days ago. Good way to unload and reload with a pickup truck.

Yes. Snowcrest cleared away the snow and set up the ramp in Gull Lake Park a few days ago. Good way to unload and reload with a pickup truck.

Thanks for the info Blake the ramp makes it a good spot to unload at , might be in the area next week 

Hey Blake, I'll be up on Wednesday and Thursday and then again on the 7th to the 12th so we will meet up yet.

Dee, if you're still there Wed I'll give you guys a shout. Should be there by noon. Coming straight from work in Hamilton. (hope we get some sleep and not another night like last night)

Sounds good, Ed (Northstar) and Ian. The way things are now, I would be interested in a 5 or 6 hour ride two or three times this week. I have to take my Cat in to see Arnie the Vet, first thing tomorrow morning, but I can still hit the trails with the GSX.

Ian, I got your pm about parking, and I cannot think of anywhere that I know of that would be good for leaving a trailer for a couple of days. This is kind of ironic, as I am in the moving and storage business, and have dozens of customers with parked RV's, trailers etc. right here in Gravenhurst. (One site is the mini storage property on the D trail just north of town). But all that stuff is "parked" for the season, safely tucked away behind huge snowbanks, and won't be mobile again until the snow melts. With the extra snow this winter, parking is at a premium around here. I've run out of convenient places to pile snow with the loader, and it's even getting tricky to find nearby places to dump the snow with trucks. Parking lots and driveways are getting smaller and smaller. There are several places you could get away with parking a trailer during the day, but overnight parking could lead to being towed due to snow removal activities.

If anyone can suggest a place for Ian, please chime in or send him a pm.

Thanks Blake. I'm OK for this week but will need something for the 7th for 1 vehicle & trailer. Will they let you park at the Canadian Tire lot?

I can have him try the Gull Lake park but it may be full. I have your # and will call.

Ian, if you guys are staying at your sister's I'd suggest Summerland General Store. Ron has some lock-up parking. Not lots for truck and trailer but for a short stay it is worth a try calling Ron.

Thanks. I'll swing by there this week to chat with him.

Thanks. I'll swing by there this week to chat with him.

Blake mentioned you might be coming out for a ride with us Friday? if so looking forward to meeting you guys..

Nunz

Hey Nunz hopefully we can meet up. Not sure when on Friday we have to leave but hope it works out.

I have Blakes #

PM or email me and we can swap cell #'s

xrian@talkwireless.ca

Nunz and iangj this is what I was thinking for Friday leaving Gull Lake Park at 9 a.m. sharp:

I believe it is about 140 kms, but a lot more if you're coming from Huntsville.

click to enlarge.

post-22473-0-34275600-1390946162_thumb.jpg

Perfect, exactly where I was hoping we would ride...Thanks a million, so looking forward to the ride.

Nunz

That's a nice little run guys.  Enjoy.   Trails should be superb.

I love it! If we go counter clockwise then we will be able to stop at my sister's on Kahshe Lake just before we get back to land. I see a hot cup-o-coffee stop there. Then you and Blake and anyone else who can join in can finish the last leg back to town. We will have already run that in the morning to meet in Gravenhurst.

I'll leave that up to you as either way we get to RIDE!!!!!

Are you guys going counter clockwise? I may join along if thats okay.

Sounds great, folks.

Counter clockwise certainly works for me.

Let's pull out of Gull Lake Park at nine!

Sounds great.. It should be a real fun day!!

i'll have daughter with me,what time do you guys think you'll hit orillia...ride part way to GH with gang

Ill let you guy know tommorw if I can make it. I have a nasty cold I'm trying to beat.

i'll have daughter with me,what time do you guys think you'll hit orillia...ride part way to GH with gang

Blake mentioned to me yesterday he was going out riding today towards Sprucedale, I'm sure he will let you know later on today, I have no idea what time we will hit Orillia, See ya Friday though!!!

Nunz

That would be great, WD. Where exactly would you be coming from?

Here's our rough schedule:

Depart Gull Lake Park 900

Division Road parking area (Junction of Uhthoff Rail Trail (B105C) and B Trail) 1030?

Option A - (if we take Couchiching)  -  Pioneer gas station 285 Atherley Road 1100?

Then back onto Couch and up the B trail on the east side to Summerland for snack 100?

and then Gravenhurst 230?

Option B - (if we go down B to 203 and across to B112B)   - Pioneer gas station 285 Atherley Road 1200?

Then back onto Couch and up the B trail on the east side to Summerland for snack 200? 

and then Gravenhurst 330?

Ill let you guy know tommorw if I can make it. I have a nasty cold I'm trying to beat.

Sorry to hear about the nasty cold.

We'll be pulling out of Gull Lake Park at 9, so let's hope you're there to join the fun!

Or you could catch us a bit later on the route. The previous message has a rough itinerary....

That would be great, WD. Where exactly would you be coming from?

Here's our rough schedule:

Depart Gull Lake Park 900

Division Road parking area (Junction of Uhthoff Rail Trail (B105C) and B Trail) 1030?

Option A - (if we take Couchiching)  -  Pioneer gas station 285 Atherley Road 1100?

Then back onto Couch and up the B trail on the east side to Summerland for snack 100?

and then Gravenhurst 230?

Option B - (if we go down B to 203 and across to B112B)   - Pioneer gas station 285 Atherley Road 1200?

Then back onto Couch and up the B trail on the east side to Summerland for snack 200? 

and then Gravenhurst 330?

headed north  b112b towards orillia...i will drop son at ski hill & be in orillia by 11...latest...you have my cell,,could txt me when close....thx

Archived