Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

Had a brisk and lovely lake run today. 110 kms. Jennifer climbed on the back seat and we left Gravenhurst Wharf with Izzy at 1015. We stopped in at Campbell's Landing and then proceeded to Windermere by 1055. Izzy met his other riding buds, and Jennifer and I rode back down to Taboo for a great lunch. We're talking fourteen dollars for a burger and side, sixteen for fish and chips, 3.50 each for coffee, but the food and coffee were excellent. Saw John Dove and three other sledders at another table. Took off for the back lakes (Pigeon, Deer, Pine) and along C101D for a bit.

Conditions were excellent on the lakes. Saw triple digits a few times, and the nearest radar would have been on Highway 11. There were very few sledders taking advantage of the beautiful sunny day.

click to enlarge

post-22473-0-67554400-1395007693_thumb.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little run there Blake.  Hope the wife was hanging on REAL TIGHT!!  You sure know those lakes well.  Lucky guy.  Just make sure you keep dry so you can show us around the lakes next year. :right_on:

Nice little run there Blake.  Hope the wife was hanging on REAL TIGHT!!  You sure know those lakes well.  Lucky guy.  Just make sure you keep dry so you can show us around the lakes next year. :right_on:

Hi Dee. I don't make too many assumptions about the lakes. I'm not all that fond of swimming this time of year!

When I do go out I make a point of stopping once or twice to ask dock builders or fisherfolk about the ice thickness. They are more than happy to find someone to talk to, it seems, and to share their findings. I keep my distance, though, and stay ready to speed away in case they want me to participate in their activity. I'm not all that fond of dock building or ice fishing either.

LOL

You are a smart man.  Hey where the heck is Nunz anyways?  Cripes he meets STG and look what happens.  What the heck did STG say to him anyways?  Haven't seen him on here lately.

You are a smart man.  Hey where the heck is Nunz anyways?  Cripes he meets STG and look what happens.  What the heck did STG say to him anyways?  Haven't seen him on here lately.

We had company this weekend and I was working Saturday, went out with Karen for a little ride Sunday for a couple of hours. Back at work today as well... We are off Sat and Sunday this weekend, going to ride somewhere just not quite sure where..

I'll be thinking of you guys while we are out riding..lolololol

Cheers!!!

Anybody looking for a riding buddy for tomorrow (Tuesday)?

I'd like to get out for a four or five hour run.

Willing to truck my sled to somewhere within an hour of Gravenhurst.

Just send me a PM or a message on this thread if you are up for it.

We had company this weekend and I was working Saturday, went out with Karen for a little ride Sunday for a couple of hours. Back at work today as well... We are off Sat and Sunday this weekend, going to ride somewhere just not quite sure where..

I'll be thinking of you guys while we are out riding..lolololol

Cheers!!!

[/quo

Ok, now you are just nasty. JK BTW I am riding tomorrow with my brother. Maybe, just maybe Terry and I are going to ride in North Bay early next week. See miracles do happen. I think it might have been the divorce thing that scared him. LOL

Glad you are alright. I was really worried about you. Geez, don't scare me like that again.

Anybody looking for a riding buddy for tomorrow (Tuesday)?

I'd like to get out for a four or five hour run.

Willing to truck my sled to somewhere within an hour of Gravenhurst.

Just send me a PM or a message on this thread if you are up for it.

How about a two hour drive? We are in Hanover!! Leaving at 9:00am Tuesday

I think I'm going to try up in Mattawa on the 26th for a couple of days.

Anyone else??

Anyone else??

Might be too late. Mattawa see's a ton of traffic. You would be better off to ride the nb 300 series trails, if it is cold enough to still groom.

Might be too late. Mattawa see's a ton of traffic. You would be better off to ride the nb 300 series trails, if it is cold enough to still groom.

how would you know that from your hideout in the south 

Anyone else??

How long are you planning?  I may be interested.

Sledjunk, we will be heading up on Wed the 26 and stay until Sat or Sun.

Staying at the Valois. Look for my Maroon F150

email me to exchange cell #

Was up there a couple of weeks ago with wife and had a great time. We spend our summers up there and this was the first time we finally had a chance to go up in winter and absolutely loved it.

Hope we can meet up.

Thanks for the update hi-mileage. Hope you can make it out there also.

My email;

xrian@talkwireless.ca

Archived