Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

Thanks. My dad and his friend (Doug) made it. Doug has his own web site for Lagoon City. It has a live web cam looking out over the lagoon. www.lagooncitywebcam.ca It looks like a few sleds have been running in the lagoon.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are some pictures from today (Thurs Dec 19) on our trip back to Emsdale from the Petrocan near Parry Sound. Co-sledder northstar wished to remain incognito, but I did manage to get his Polaris Assault, behind my Arctic Tank, in the one photo.

I assume the large concrete pillars were once used to support the railway tracks over the river.

BTW the sign photo was taken this morning at the visitor information centre on Hiway 11 at the south edge of Emsdale. I was happy to see that sled staging is allowed and expected at that location, as noted by the two items with the orange arrows. I believe you can enlarge the photos by clicking them.

post-22473-0-46913000-1387499099_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-79700200-1387499120_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-82234500-1387499136_thumb.jpg

Man there is a good layer of snow up there!

We had enough to putter around to test the sleds but sounds like we are going to lose is all this weeknd with the upcoming weather. Luckily it doesn't look like it will affect the north. Only more snow for you guys (lucky bastards ;-)

Blake, Send me a PM with your number, I quite often am looking for someone to ride with...I'll let you know the next time I am heading out..

Take care

Nunz

Blake, Send me a PM with your number, I quite often am looking for someone to ride with...I'll let you know the next time I am heading out..

Nunz

Awesome, Nunz. I will do that right now!

There has been a ride that leaves Gull Lake Park every Wednesday approx. 10:00am every week for a few years now. 

Haven't heard, yet, when the first one 'kicks off' but it will happen again once the trails are truly open.  

That's great to know. I'll make sure to remember when I get up there.

Thanks

once this christmas thing is over ,my relatives go , new snow tomorrow , im going riding big time , I like weekday riding the best ,may join up with you guys Blake

There has been a ride that leaves Gull Lake Park every Wednesday approx. 10:00am every week for a few years now. 

Haven't heard, yet, when the first one 'kicks off' but it will happen again once the trails are truly open.  

Excellent information!  Thank you. Sounds sort of like the "bike night" rides that leave Gravenhurst weekly in the summer.  t didn't realize there was a regular "semi organized" snowmobile ride open to newcomers.

I cannot believe I was unaware of this, as I can see the Gull Lake staging area from my house. I've seen people unloading there frequently, but I've never spoken with anyone there, because when I'm doing a Gravenhurst based run I leave from my house. Count me in.

once this christmas thing is over ,my relatives go , new snow tomorrow , im going riding big time , I like weekday riding the best ,may join up with you guys Blake

Right on. This Wednesday regular ride will be an awesome way to supplement other weekday rides.

I may be interested in a few of those as well.  This year, I am 'hoping' to take a few weekdays off to ride.

I may be interested in a few of those as well.  This year, I am 'hoping' to take a few weekdays off to ride.

Go for it. Ya only live once.

I'm in Barrie and could be able to ride midweek. Love riding from Orillia through Swift Rapids to Gravenhurst and beyond.

RR

I'm in Barrie and could be able to ride midweek. Love riding from Orillia through Swift Rapids to Gravenhurst and beyond.

RR

That sounds interesting. I have not yet ventured up B105 and 17 but would like to try it this winter. According to the Interactive Trail Guide the distance is about 113 kms from the parking lot at Division Road and Carlyon, up B105C, B105, 17, C101D to Gravenhurst, then 15 and 204 back to the start point. I would be up for trying that any time the trails are ready. It looks as though many four to five hour loops could be based out of the Division Road parking lot.

Another nice trip is to Bass Lake House.... so often it seems all of these sled trips take you to places to eat...

ya and your point is?

no particular point but it does seem that snowmobiling is not good for someone on a diet... ride a little eat a lot ride a little eat a lot... then repeat the next day. Ever notice that there isn't such a thing as a light snack at these stops. Bass Lake House panzerotti is a small football. An order of fries at Memories of Muskoka is half a bag of spuds... do the poutine version and you have all you need to eat for pretty much the day.

I've never seen anyone from Pefferlaw on one of these runs. 

There may be a rule. 

I've never seen anyone from Pefferlaw on one of these runs. 

There may be a rule. 

Rules are meant to be broken!  I may have to make a special trip.  Maybe I'll bring a few other locals as well.

Rules are meant to be broken!  I may have to make a special trip.  Maybe I'll bring a few other locals as well.

The more the merrier !

you putting a crew together sledjunk,staking some new turf....

Just rattling STG's chain :poke2::lmao:

In the words of a long-time friend, DooSki, 'the more I snowmobile, the heavier I get'.   

(or something like that)

Ummm ahhh that was just between you and me STG!  :blush:

Archived