Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

GrizzlyGriff said in his recent "Weekday Riders" thread in the Club Ontario East Forum "there may be people out there who would like to ride with others on a weekday 'cause as we all know, it's the best time to ride. If you are interested, PM me or let's discuss it here."

I would like to discuss something similar for the area within an hour of Gravenhurst. I am thinking of weekday sledders interested in staging out of an area roughly bounded by Parry Sound, Kearney, Dorset, Haliburton, Barrie and Midland. I am sure many of you already have your set of select riding partners, but there must be people, like myself, you have not yet established these types of contacts.

Currently, I am interested in weekday riding about three or four times a week, roughly between the hours of nine and three.

If you are interested in being contacted for these types of rides, or have other related ideas, please discuss it here or send me a PM.

Happy Trails.

Blake

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well now that we've met...blake i will contact you when we head your way on wk-days...

well now that we've met...blake i will contact you when we head your way on wk-days...

awesome

Riding this morning from Kearney  

Hey northstar. I might be doing the same in a couple of hours. Have to get my kid off to school then do a minor repair to my truck first. What time were you planning to head out?

about 11

I would be up for a run at 11 as long as I can get my truck fixed, which I should be able to do. What is your proposed route? As far as I know the most convenient drop point for me would be the visitor centre on Hiway 11 just south of Emsdale.

Got it. I'll call you shortly.

Blake

PS: Anyone else interested in an 11 a.m. departure from the township works yard in Emsdale (518 and Government Road), please send me a PM, as I get those on my cell phone. Thank you.

Blake:

Actually this one works out better as I'll have a place to stay. My sister's place is on Kahshe Lake.

I can go either way with my starting travel point but can't start anything until after the holidays.

If you email me I can give you a copy of my work sched and cell #

xrian@talkwireless.ca

** I have to get my sister to get on this forum. She just got a sled but doesn't know to many sledding people. I'm sure she would love to get out.

** I have to get my sister to get on this forum. She just got a sled but doesn't know to many sledding people. I'm sure she would love to get out.

Interesting that you mention that.  That was the prime reason for me getting on here a few years ago.  I have met many friends and sledding partners through here.

I was hoping to get up there this week to get her out for some experience but to much going on right now.

She lives almost next door to John D. from the club so I'm sure he will get her out soon.

Looking forward to getting out and meeting some more people soon.

Wife an I will be up early January and then we do a couple of run up near Mattawa where we spend our summers.

Cheers!

Ian

Blake

I'd be interested in some rides as well on wkdays also.

Live in Bolton, used to trailering to go riding.

Got out once with White Dragon  last winter.

Not available till after holidays.

Glenn

Great post Blake. I'll keep watching it in the new year. I won't be able ride until the kids go back to school. You will meet lots of great people on here. Even the guys that ride Polaris' are really nice :-)

Sorry. That was directed towards wd and bill.

No problem. I have thick skin.

Never got sucked into pissing matches with makes. Used to be in the Muscle car world.

Cheers!

Blake:

My sister's place is on Kahshe Lake but I can't start anything until after the holidays.

Sounds great, iangj. I PM'd you and we'll tee something up for after the holidays.

Blake

I'd be interested in some rides as well on wkdays also.

Live in Bolton, used to trailering to go riding.

Got out once with White Dragon  last winter.

Not available till after holidays.

Glenn

Purrfect. I've added you as a friend on this site, and look forward to getting out after the holidays. Have a good one.

Great post Blake. I'll keep watching it in the new year. I won't be able ride until the kids go back to school. You will meet lots of great people on here. Even the guys that ride Polaris' are really nice :-)

Sounds good, Re:Leaf. I look forward to meeting up in the new year.

PS: I added you as a friend on this site.

Blake

Today I met with northstar in Emsdale and we had a great run down the Seguin to the Petrocan and back. Very few sledders, and only saw the police once. Conditions were pretty good in my opinion, and it was great to connect with a new riding partner. By the way, northstar trailered down from North Bay, and says he does that fairly often each winter, so I expect to see him out again, perhaps with his wife and son on their other two sleds.

Thanks Blake. I enjoy reading your posts.

Leaf

Heading out tomorrow (Friday) morning for another crack at the Orillia to Midland run. So far it's just me and my buddy from Bracebridge, but we would welcome anyone else who is interested.

We will be leaving around 8:30 from the parking lot at Division Road East and Carlyon Line. Feel free to respond to this posting, or via PM, or just show up tomorrow at 830. We plan to be back to Orillia early in the afternoon.

Thanks Blake. I enjoy reading your posts.

Leaf

I forgot to mention that I checked out your website at www.releafgroup.ca and it looked very professional.

Archived