Gowganda, Elk Lake, Matachewan Area

Gowganda Lake Camp

Hey Ron, the groomer is only going out early tomorrow morning. Morgan can't make it so Urs is going and he needs some well deserved sleep after being up until 2 am the night before last packing the trails with the Husky and then up again at 6 am to pack again all day and only getting in at midnight last night. If all goes well, he will continue the grooming to the new C trail connection and create the snow bridge at Kasakanta Lake.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work everyone, I really enjoyed touring your area last year and will probably make another trip your way soon.

Regards,

Andre

I heard the club will be grooming the A trail from Kenogami towards Matachewan this weekend.  They must have gotten the big groomer back.  I'll find out if this is the case Saturday.

Hey Ron, the groomer is only going out early tomorrow morning. Morgan can't make it so Urs is going and he needs some well deserved sleep after being up until 2 am the night before last packing the trails with the Husky and then up again at 6 am to pack again all day and only getting in at midnight last night. If all goes well, he will continue the grooming to the new C trail connection and create the snow bridge at Kasakanta Lake.

Thank you for your dedication to our favorite pasttime!!!

I just finished a great trip through the area.  North Bay - Shining Tree (AD to A to A104D to D to C206D, 78 Across to C206D to C)  Part of C is listed as closed.  It's not too bad.  I have ridden worse "open" trails.  Had a great dinner and breakfast at 3 Bears.  I've been going to 3 Bears for about 10 years, I have never seen so much snow.  We headed off to New Liskeard in the morning.  A107C was good, you can see where they were having a tough time on some of the hills, but overall the trail was very good.  Like Diane said there was a snow bridge out, Urs was there fixing it when rode through, there was a reroute out onto the lake.  Started this morning at about 9:00 from New Liskeard to North Bay.  "A" trail was in very nice shape all the way, always gets a little rough as you near North Bay.  We rode about 525 mile in the 3 days.  The conditions were very good, some of the lakes were slushy or really rough because of frozen slush. 

Get out there and ride!

Rode up by gowganda and 3 bears on the weekend.  Had a great time as always.  Ran into the washout but as others had said Urs was out re making the bridge

post-22349-0-72944400-1390340245_thumb.jpg

post-22349-0-74277500-1390340264_thumb.jpg

Hi Smoker, Toms trail is not open yet but will soon. We were hoping the Gowganda groomer would be back up and running today but unfortunately it needs more than what we could do on the trail. We were lucky enough to get it out of the bush and to the highway to be floated. Hopefully we can find a loaner or the shop can get it fixed up quickly. Good news is that the A107c from Gowganda to Shining Tree is good (groomed) bad news is it is calling for snow on Friday.

Ron

Cant wait to go thru gowganda,how's the trail from beauty lake to gowganda,cpl years ago,it was rough going,many branches,was that cleaned up

Did a run to matachewan yesterday,was pretty good considering it hadnt been groomed in a while,trails could be much wider,seemed like there was only 1 groomer width,the soucy lake road is 60 feet wide,just sayin,lots of branches in spots down from all the snow,but very rideable

The reason that Soucy Lake Rd (C106A trail) is only one groomer width wide is because they will be logging within the next week or so.  We've agreed to share the road, so they are supposed to just plow the ungroomed side.  It will remain listed as "limited" - be careful and watch for those trucks!

We would love to get out brushing soon, haven't been able to with all the groomer breakdowns.  Matachewan groomer is in Gowganda right now since their groomer is still down.

Logging has done a lot to help the new trail from Beauty Lake Road To Gowganda. You will be surprised to see how wide it is now. Snowing sideways again today, will be a few days for everything to get caught up again.

Ron

See the groomers laying on the side of the 560 down again so it seems.

:icon_doh:  :icon_doh: 

Groomer should be going again in a couple of days... blown turbo.  Just waiting on the part to come in.

Make sure you get all the pieces cleaned out of everywhere even back the pre turbo end of the intake. I work at a truck dealership and you would not believe the nimber of engine rebuild jobs we get because somebody just changed the turbo out without cleaning everything up properly.

Make sure you get all the pieces cleaned out of everywhere even back the pre turbo end of the intake. I work at a truck dealership and you would not believe the nimber of engine rebuild jobs we get because somebody just changed the turbo out without cleaning everything up properly.

also make sure you have a heat source (torches) to heat the flange bolts they will likely all snap off. You would be in best interest to get the old one removed even before the new one shows as it will be guaranteed a hell of a job to do.

shrapnel

Archived