Gowganda, Elk Lake, Matachewan Area

Gowganda Lake Camp

Yeah, and if it blows at full boost the stuff gets into everything !  And just TRY to get all the oil out of an intercooler .........   :shock: 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L136 - Coming Soon

The L136 will hopefully be opening in the near future.    The Matachewan side has been groomed , the Gowganda end is packed by sled and we have made it through the Middle section by snowmobile.    Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like before we get it opened up .

post-19905-0-06017800-1391822764_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-53849000-1391822807_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-22745800-1391822835_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-80264100-1391822866_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-87159700-1391822888_thumb.jpg

everett lake trail,very scenic,good luck,if i'd live in your area,i would help you out,not too far up the road from you in earlton

everett lake trail,very scenic,good luck,if i'd live in your area,i would help you out,not too far up the road from you in earlton

Sorry for the thread hijack Pattherat, but wondering if you might know of a sledder in your area, goes by the nickname Rottie. He was on the old Snowmobile World forum & used to post a lot about that area. I kind of think his name may have been Steve.

Ron

I see you have the trees out in front of the snow cam. The sign is missing. LOL

L136 - Coming Soon

The L136 will hopefully be opening in the near future.    The Matachewan side has been groomed , the Gowganda end is packed by sled and we have made it through the Middle section by snowmobile.    Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like before we get it opened up .

attachicon.gifsnow on L136 Big Hill.jpg

attachicon.gifTop looking down.jpg

attachicon.gifTrench.jpg

attachicon.gifmatachewan side.jpg

attachicon.gifStarting to look Like a trail.jpg

Are you serious ?  No way a groomer fits in there !!!

Are you serious ?  No way a groomer fits in there !!!

Ron generally maintains that section with a smaller drag behind the VK machines the club has.  Last season I passed him a couple times out there doing it.  To be honest since he started looking after that area it was much nicer to ride through instead of the snow x track it was.  That section is pretty tight through there sort of a rabbit trail if you will.  Long gone are the cowboys who used to groom it with the big machine.

Sorry for the thread hijack Pattherat, but wondering if you might know of a sledder in your area, goes by the nickname Rottie. He was on the old Snowmobile World forum & used to post a lot about that area. I kind of think his name may have been Steve.

Hmm,not sure who he is,

8 of us rode from New Liskeard to Auld Reekie for lunch on Sunday. We decided to take the L136 back. How bad could it be if sleds had made it through and packed the 2 km stretch in the middle the big groomers could do from either side. 6 of us got stuck, some worse than others. What an adventure! Kudo's to the guy's trying to maintain this scenic trail.

Trails were very good all the way,thanks for the great breakfast saturday

Ron looks good, we were going to scout 136 yesterday but got back a little late.  I'll have to take my sweetie through their on March break its her favorite ride.  

We carry regular and premium and are open 7 days a week.

Trails in our area have been freshly groomed and are in excellent shape.

thanks, I figured there was gas in Gowganda, what I'm looking for is if we can get gas somewhere on the route up to you guys?   says 170k or so from wanniptiae to you, which means many of the sleds will be real close or possibly out of fuel.

thanks, I figured there was gas in Gowganda, what I'm looking for is if we can get gas somewhere on the route up to you guys?   says 170k or so from wanniptiae to you, which means many of the sleds will be real close or possibly out of fuel.

What are you riding?  I make this run a few times a season generally fuel at Gowganda Lake Lodge he has premium.  Most sleds will make this run as long as you don't believe your fuel gauge.

What are you riding?  I make this run a few times a season generally fuel at Gowganda Lake Lodge he has premium.  Most sleds will make this run as long as you don't believe your fuel gauge.

I'm not so concerned with my sled, I have an etec.   I shouldn't have a problem going 250k to the tank.   other sleds in the group may not though, especially if the snow gets deep or we run into issues.

Canadoo, if you are concerned of the other sleds, you may ride into Shining Tree which is 20 km off the C trail and get premium at Shining Tree Tourist Camp (they are donating .10 cents for every litre sold to the Gogama Club).

Turbojamie, we just called Gowganda Lake Camp and spoke with Gisele (owner) and she informed us that they only carry regular.

Or you can come here, we have gas.  We are a regular gas station.  Or you can go to 3 Bears, they have gas too.  There has never been a shortage of gasoline in Shining Tree.  We are Spruce Shilling Camp.

Or you can come here, we have gas.  We are a regular gas station.  Or you can go to 3 Bears, they have gas too.  There has never been a shortage of gasoline in Shining Tree.  We are Spruce Shilling Camp.

Good idea its 135 km according to the interactive map to shining tree vs 160 km to Gowganda.  If you were close on fuel might as well head to Shining Tree grab lunch then finish in Gowganda, assuming you are spending the night.  We do run this ride (Gowganda > Rockies and back) in a single day when the days are longer in Feb / March.  

Were planning Gold Rush this weekend with a crew of 8.

Good idea its 135 km according to the interactive map to shining tree vs 160 km to Gowganda.  If you were close on fuel might as well head to Shining Tree grab lunch then finish in Gowganda, assuming you are spending the night.  We do run this ride (Gowganda > Rockies and back) in a single day when the days are longer in Feb / March.  

Were planning Gold Rush this weekend with a crew of 8.

let us know on the conditions of your gold tour , will give me something to dream about this weekend on the warm spell

Archived