2013/2014 Conditions - Post Updated Reports on Trails

On My AXYS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I parked at Kennedy's - they were closed Monday so they did not need the parking- the community centre was not plowed yet

Big warm up coming! I am going tommorrow and Friday too.

Groomer has gone past our place 3 times since dark. No chance that the trail has set up though as there has been 30-40 sleds past as well.

I just cam back from a 40 Mile ride from St Agatha, St. Clements club house, Linwood, Wellesley, Baden, back to St. Agatha.  In the places that the groomer had gone through, the conditions were perfect.  Mostly though there was just a lot of snow..  Once the groomers get though I am sure the only bare spots will be out in the wind blown fields

great pictures, nice sled!

I know were probably a few days or more from seeing open trails again.  Just curious how the base held up.  Seeing grass peeking through here and there, hopeful that trails were packed enough...

I was in London on the weekend and it poured rain - all the fields are bare.  At least there is still a little bit of snow around KW and north.  I know the trails are closed but what is left on the trails? Anybody know?

I was in London on the weekend and it poured rain - all the fields are bare.  At least there is still a little bit of snow around KW and north.  I know the trails are closed but what is left on the trails? Anybody know?

Brown was starting to show through the trails yesterday. It is 5 degrees at 9:00PM tonight so if it stays that warm through tomorrow I'm afraid there won't be alot left.

There is a very icey base in most areas. Some patches were completely bare at the start of the week (hilltops and plowed fields). We have recieved about 3 inches of snow in the last 2 days.

The trails are being checked this afternoon to see if any of them are safe enough to open but at this point I think we will be waiting for more snow.

Thanks Blackstar,

I trailered up to Orangeville Thursday and went for 70 miles or so

There is a lot of snow up there

With the thaw though it is quite icy and bumpy in spots

They need more snow up there too for perfect trails but for the die hards at least it is listed as limited and it is decent riding

Shelbourne, Dundalk, Pretty River, Creemore, Noisy River, all decent riding.

And it is only one hour away

St.Clements Trails Remain Closed

Hi Everyone

Just made an inspection tour around the St. Clements trails and have found a lot of bare spots and icy conditions. The groomer has not been through and without more snow there really isn't any point. The amount of ice under the small amount of fresh snow will make for dangerous conditions. Get out there and Do the Snow Dance!

post-23389-0-21239000-1389998238_thumb.jpg

post-23389-0-49950300-1389998253_thumb.jpg

post-23389-0-94818000-1389998274_thumb.jpg

Trails look nice! Time to stud the track. Thankyoi for the update! Snow dancers are out!

St Clements Club Trails are now listed LIMITED!!!!  Some spots are very thin, however we were able to run the groomer through.  OFSC site will be updated shortly. 

Please be sure to thank our volunteers; Brad Walden, Mike Bean and Gerald Charleton among others, for endless hours of cutting down trees and brush so the groomers can pass through.  Special thanks to John Druar for meeting with landowners in conquering the challenges of yet another trail reroute, to accommodate new landowners.  Without these guys we would not have available trails to ride!

Clubhouse is open today for your warm stopover with restrooms, food and beverages!  Please thank the volunteers serving you so that you can enjoy our clubhouse.  Be courteous to the volunteers and clean up after your stopover.

Ride safe as visibility is poor today.

OFSC Interactive Map has been updated this morning. Please note some St Clements trails remain closed.

Any idea why some of the b203 is still closed? Ie rough ploughed fields and is it passable?

I took a drive around the roads and to the clubhouse today. From what I could see, the areas that are good and real good the areas that are not good are bare, mostly the plowed fields where the wind stripped the snow. Not long stretches from what I seen.

But man, those good sections looked flat and hard. More snow coming for the weekend. Giddy up.

Went for a ride today. There are very few real baf bare spots. Worse south of St Clements club house in b203. Trails are hard packed and icy. No lube for heat exchangers. Had to turn off my sled a few times, temp was getting high. Need a few inches of fresh snow and things will be good.

Archived