Kawartha Lakes grooming Rail line and Somerville 3rd today..

GrizzlyGriff

Rode from Superior Propane just North of Fenelon to Haliburton on the Victoria Rail line to day....Tons of snow and had a great ride.  Would be nice if Haliburton gets out and grooms their end of the rail line.  The groomer guy said he already saw 2 sleds out today without permits which is a pity considering the work these guys do to get us out early. Grrrr :angry-smiley-005:

Rode from Superior Propane just North of Fenelon to Haliburton on the Victoria Rail line to day....Tons of snow and had a great ride. Would be nice if Haliburton gets out and grooms their end of the rail line. The groomer guy said he already saw 2 sleds out today without permits which is a pity considering the work these guys do to get us out early. Grrrr :angry-smiley-005:

I don't know if you were told you could go on the trails, but KLSC has asked everyone to stay off. This is the most important time of the year. If they can groom the trail and set up a good base (needs to have no sled traffic) then we will be set for the rest of the year. Awesome news about the snow though.

Rode from Superior Propane just North of Fenelon to Haliburton on the Victoria Rail line to day....Tons of snow and had a great ride.  Would be nice if Haliburton gets out and grooms their end of the rail line.  The groomer guy said he already saw 2 sleds out today without permits which is a pity considering the work these guys do to get us out early. Grrrr :angry-smiley-005:

Did the groomer guy also mention that the trail you were on is CLOSED and you were trespassing?  And that the rest of us would love to ride it, but we're waiting until it's opened?  Grrrrr  :angry-smiley-005:  :angry-smiley-005:

Being a multi use rail trail on public land ptey u sure as d long ad your license and permit you can ride it anytime

Being a multi use rail trail on public land ptey u sure as d long ad your license and permit you can ride it anytime

If as you say admit, you need a permit then it is an OFSC trail and thereby is closed to riding snowmoiles until listed as open period end of story.

The rail line is never closed.  The only restriction is quads after Nov 1.  Wow, Whiskey Wizard...take a pill buddy.  Thinking sleds are going to stay off a freshly groomed EOT trail is just a bit off the mark.  Now I'm sorry I posted to be informative to the rest of you.

are railbed trails not meant for early season riding...worst case you get washboards at stop signs...can't blame sledders wanting to ride when we have snow...

If anything they should encourage sledders to get out and pack the rail lines so they drive the frost down and make a better base!  And if there is enough snow since rail lines are generally flat and smooth they should be packed early on.

The rail line is never closed.  The only restriction is quads after Nov 1.  Wow, Whiskey Wizard...take a pill buddy.  Thinking sleds are going to stay off a freshly groomed EOT trail is just a bit off the mark.  Now I'm sorry I posted to be informative to the rest of you.

I apologize if I made a mistake but if its never closed then by the same logic, since  OFSC permits have  beginning  and ending effective dates, you shouldn't need a permit to ride on it. Is that correct?

Trails are trails are trails!  If it is an OFSC groomed trail, then it is closed until the club posts it open.  Sorry!

Some multi use trails on public lands are different.  No worries...It's Christmas..don't want to prolong an argument.

It sounds like I was wrong. GrizzlyGriff - I apologize.

The OFSC literature is pretty explicit that red trails are closed. The Victoria Rail Trail Corridor is shown as red on the OFSC maps. I checked CKL bylaws - there's no mention of closure against sled traffic on VRTC, so I guess it's fair game all year 'round. Except April - no motorized vehicles..

http://www.city.kawarthalakes.on.ca/residents/parks-recreation-culture/parks-and-trails/victoria-rail-trail-corridor-vrtc

p.s. - I have no idea what an EOT is.

EOT..new designation by OFSC for early opening trails..typically rail beds

Whoa...hold your horses We spoke with a police officer tonight and he said they were out looking for guys riding on unopened trails in Fenelon Falls. We are right on the rail trail north of Kinmount with 2 brand new sleds in the garage, our thumbs are itching  but we won't ride a trail until it's open. That's what lawns are for!   :icon_tinykitball:

I would not ride on private land trails that are not open, that for sure is trespassing.

railbeds,winter roads,lakes....really are open game...open to public regardless if trail is there or not....i'm not sayin ''go ripping thru public golf course'' but wood be fun...no private land or farmers fields,swamps or goimg around blocked trails, gated...

Was at the legion Xmas party in Fenelon Falls today,groomer was through this morning,also e108 over to twin mountains groomed today.Let it snow let it snow.

I was on the Victoria rail trail website and it says no activity after 9:30 lol. I haven't been following that rule.

Interesting..so what if you are delayed returning from a trip and need to get home?  I guess there are houses by the trail and they are trying to keep the noise down.

Friend told me Haliburton had the groomer out on their end on Saturday...good news.  Warmer weather and mixed precip on the weekend should set things up nicely for Christmas week.

Interesting..so what if you are delayed returning from a trip and need to get home? I guess there are houses by the trail and they are trying to keep the noise down.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Yeah! Can't hear the cop Siren over the racing can noise anyways. Whaaaspppppp whaaaaaaap!

Do think that rule is more imposed during summer season when.people are ar rhe res cottage and outside rather than in winter when mistakes gone and inside

Do think that rule is more imposed during summer season when.people are ar rhe res cottage and outside rather than in winter when mistakes gone and inside

Damn autocorrect?

Damn autocorrect?

yes new phone. Think it has drunk mode in case of screen. Lol didn't even notice

Archived