Another wonderful experience we had today.....

Snogirlfx

Just spent a day training and issuing 21 new Snowmobile Driver's Licenses to a group of awesome students at St Clements Snowmobile Club in OFSC District 5! They came from as far as Burlington, Hamilton, Mount Forest and Tavistock to be licensed. I love volunteering as a Snowmobile Driver Instructor! Seeing the keen eagerness in the eyes of these young folk wanting to learn the rules and etiquette of this amazing sport we call Snowmobiling is one of the reasons I am so proud to belong as a club volunteer member.

A lovely mom came up to us when picking up her son, after the course today. She said how grateful she was that we would take a Saturday of our own time to give to these kids providing them with this wonderful experience and thanked us. It was so nice to hear such a positive outlook on the activities we do. Thank you to this mom for adding to our already rewarding day of helping to build kids' self esteem.

post-20923-0-72109900-1384049938_thumb.jpg

thx so much for training our next generation of riders...glad to hear you get some positive feedback

Great to see that folks still like to put in their time doing whatever it takes to help continue the sport.  I didn't realize that MSV operator training (that's how they called it when I took the course in '82) was volunteer work, and not a paid MTO contract position.  

Good for you girl, we need more like you in the sport !

One of the guys I ride with,  his son Jordan did the course on saturday, he loved it.

Thanks for taking the time to teach these young riders and to grow the sport.

KW MIke

• 2 weeks later...

thx so much for training our next generation of riders...glad to hear you get some positive feedback

Great to see that folks still like to put in their time doing whatever it takes to help continue the sport.  I didn't realize that MSV operator training (that's how they called it when I took the course in '82) was volunteer work, and not a paid MTO contract position.  

Good for you girl, we need more like you in the sport !

Congrats, and hats off to you for all your hard work..

One of the guys I ride with,  his son Jordan did the course on saturday, he loved it.

Thanks for taking the time to teach these young riders and to grow the sport.

KW MIke

Thanks guys!  yes it's volunteer and many don't realize this, however if I can speak for myself and many others, we love doing this job pay or no pay doesn't matter :

Thanks Mike!  It's so nice to hear positive feedback!

PS I said son however,... the mom that thanked us so endearingly was a mom of a young girl.   :)

Archived