2014 District 13 Map

revrnd

another extremely technical trail area is from longlac to geraldton. it is one tight twisty trail, in the pines. when the snow is fresh in the trees, it is like riding in a tunnel. it was an awesome part of our big loop in 2006. Ski

No kidding eh?

That is a small pc of the northern section that I missed.

We rode up from Terrace Bay up to Geraldton one day - and intended to ride up Long Lake up to Longlac, but the water level must have been down and we couldn't get out to the lake via the normal trail. The area was strewn clear full of boulders that we had an increasingly hard time navigating around. I'm sure there was a way around it - but we didn't know it, so be just buzzed up the logging roads to Geraldton instead. 6 of one - half dozen of the other. 

And then on the other side - we came up from Manitauwadge up through Caramat (right?) and then turned east to Hearst. (that's a long ride at -30*)

So I haven't rode the section from the turnoff to Caramat over to Geraldton, but that is a short distance, and everything on both sides is strait and open. I would have never guessed what you said!

But a tunnel "in the pines"?

You sure get that a lot in Da UP eh? Sure is beautifull when you find a trail like that!

But in the pines?

Archived