B trail Orillia + coldwater trails

Kerry

I saw yesterday that the transcanada pipeline crews have dug up around the B trail area where it crosses burnside line.Also heard that a subdivision is under construction where the trail 200 goes into moonstone.Looks like there will be some trail modifications in our area this year.Hope we dont have to resort to more road rash neither of these areas leave much for snow on the sides of the road as they are well travelled roads.

Kerry

I saw yesterday that the transcanada pipeline crews have dug up around the B trail area where it crosses burnside line.Also heard that a subdivision is under construction where the trail 200 goes into moonstone.Looks like there will be some trail modifications in our area this year.Hope we dont have to resort to more road rash neither of these areas leave much for snow on the sides of the road as they are well travelled roads.

Kerry

moonstone trail doesn't need more road-riding...hope they can reroute without too much trouble...thx for update kerry

Moonstone can indeed be painful

I broke in a '93 Arctic Cat while storing sled in Coldwater. Lots of road rash back then. Fingers crossed for the future.

I'll keep a eye on the section in Orillia-usually by there once a week.Next time down to coldwater I'm gonna scope out moonstone and see what it is like.

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...

The area on burnside line appears to be done for now however I see a major solar setup that has taken up a lot of land between the 13th and 12th lines in oro where the B trail crosses.Still in the process of construction.

Kerry

• 1 month later...

Trans Canada is all done. We are hoping this week to use our OFSC trail funding grant this week to move the B trail off the nasty corner at Burnside Line and Division Road. We are going to cross the Silver Creek that is there and cut a new trail through the bush. We are very excited about this project as it will be much safer for riders and vehicles at this intersection! Stay tuned....

As for Moonstone........ another headache there. Yes we will have more road running this year with a new subdivision going in :(  We have a reroute planned that will be running some ditches and roads. We tried finding alternatives way around Moonstone but that's a lot harder then we thought!! Hopefully next year we will find something. Again stay tuned...

We have a reroute around the new solar farm on the B trail-- Oro Line 13-14. What a year for headaches! We had a dozer in last week to punch us some holes through some fence rows so all is good there!

Trans Canada is all done. We are hoping this week to use our OFSC trail funding grant this week to move the B trail off the nasty corner at Burnside Line and Division Road. We are going to cross the Silver Creek that is there and cut a new trail through the bush. We are very excited about this project as it will be much safer for riders and vehicles at this intersection! Stay tuned....

As for Moonstone........ another headache there. Yes we will have more road running this year with a new subdivision going in :(  We have a reroute planned that will be running some ditches and roads. We tried finding alternatives way around Moonstone but that's a lot harder then we thought!! Hopefully next year we will find something. Again stay tuned...

We have a reroute around the new solar farm on the B trail-- Oro Line 13-14. What a year for headaches! We had a dozer in last week to punch us some holes through some fence rows so all is good there!

Too bad,I guess this is the price of growth even in  the rural areas.Thanks OroGuy for the update and your hard work. I will say that the extension up to Waubaushene was a great addition last year so we were probably due for a little snafu on the trails this year.

Kerry

Too bad,I guess this is the price of growth even in  the rural areas.Thanks OroGuy for the update and your hard work. I will say that the extension up to Waubaushene was a great addition last year so we were probably due for a little snafu on the trails this year.

Kerry

Thanks Oroguy for all the updates and of course the clubs hard work.  I agree with Kerry on the great change up to Waubaushene also.  I love that trail!!!  I use to hate going through the town of Coldwater, but now I LOVE it.  Thanks

Archived