Wing Night St Clements Snowmobile Club

Blackstar

Great news congrats

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trails should be awesome on Friday.I did a loop around baden ,sled shed and Elmira  . the trails are better than I have seen in probably ten years.Not many riders out sunday,get out and enjoy people.

I was out Sunday... Blew a belt 10 mins from getting back to my truck lol.. Very impressed with being able to ride trails 25 mins from my house

The Clubhouse is scheduled to open at 2pm this Friday (March 7th) for our last wing night for this sledding season. Our local trails are still in good condition.

The Clubhouse is scheduled to open at 2pm this Friday (March 7th) for our last wing night for this sledding season. Our local trails are still in good condition.

at this rate you may get one in april

at this rate you may get one in april

Nope, March is always the last one. The grounds are usually too wet in April to have vehicles drive in.

Friday is the last for this season.

Trails should be awesome on Friday.I did a loop around baden ,sled shed and Elmira  . the trails are better than I have seen in probably ten years.Not many riders out sunday,get out and enjoy people.

Our Clubhouse was jammed all day Saturday but very few people were out on Sunday.

I've been looking back through my pics trying to figure out when we have had a winter this good. I know there have been a couple that came close in the last 15 years. None as cold I don't think.

This picture was taken on the Grand River in Winterbourne while my son was on March break. 2007. It says March 12 but I'm sure it was later. I think Mar 10 was the photo file I put it in. This should have been the following week. Snow was gone 2 days later.

post-19895-0-25449800-1393902904_thumb.jpg

I bought that sled for him for his 14th birthday which is the end of March but like I say I gave it to him just before March break.

2007 great year. Was the last year doonut did the lake ride from the wharf at the end of march break. Snow was melting fast.

2001 was a real good winter too,trails opened the first week of December.Hope next year is this good too

This winter was ok. I am still behind last year on mileage! We have had more stormy days and have spent 150 hours blowing snow. Last year it was only 30 hours. We didn't have the wind to the same extent! I started riding around Jan 30th this year. So we have had about the same length of open trails so far.

Last Wing night of this season! Friday, March 7th.

We are opening up early @ 2:00 pm!  

greenteeth.gif We will be going "GREEN" for this wing night. Please watch for the signs and help promote a green club by putting your organic waste in the appropriate labelled bins. Attendants will be on hand to assist you with the bins. Thank you in advance for doing your part in helping us reduce garbage!

2007 great year. Was the last year doonut did the lake ride from the wharf at the end of march break. Snow was melting fast.

That was 2008.

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

49f52d02.gif

Any chance you have the route on gps and want to organize any in memory of donut ride?? Your right it was march 2008, bought new house in the fall of that year too!

2001 was a real good winter too,trails opened the first week of December.Hope next year is this good too

Yes it was but I didn't own a camera then....lol

My sled was being repaired at a friends house and I remember calling him to say I needed it because the trails had already been open for a week and it was mid Dec.

We went to a farm in Teeswater for Christmas and my son couldn't ride his Bravo in the fields because the snow was so deep that the sled just sunk.

The wind came out of the north west for weeks on end causing lake effect flurries.

Any chance you have the route on gps and want to organize any in memory of donut ride?? Your right it was march 2008, bought new house in the fall of that year too!

I probably have the route on GPS but I do not know the lakes well enough to even attempt to lead a group.  I expect that anyone who does know the lakes would not need the GPS tracks from that year.

I probably have the route on GPS but I do not know the lakes well enough to even attempt to lead a group. I expect that anyone who does know the lakes would not need the GPS tracks

from that year.

I know muskoa but not Joe or rosseau. That was a nice ride, even they were confussed coming back from the restaurant we all got turned around on the portage from Joe. If you have the route, that will make it a snap to do again.

Great Wing Night last night. Our biggest ever.

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the club.

Clubhouse will be open on weekends until the trails close up and it doesn't look too far away unfortunately. Get out and ride.

:snow-141::icon_clapclap:

I figured you must have had a good turnout,every trail around the club house was hammered today lol

Yea the place was packed lined out the door...great time as usual!!!! Blackstar were you working last night if so I should have sad hi. Was talking to your pres. Reiner for a bit said you guys went there 600lbs of wings!! We went threw the same in milverton last Friday. Crazy that's a lot of wings man oh man!!!!

Mike

I figured you must have had a good turnout,every trail around the club house was hammered today lol

Ya, that's the down side to a good turn out.

We rode today but never went near the clubhouse.....lol

Yea the place was packed lined out the door...great time as usual!!!! Blackstar were you working last night if so I should have sad hi. Was talking to your pres. Reiner for a bit said you guys went there 600lbs of wings!! We went threw the same in milverton last Friday. Crazy that's a lot of wings man oh man!!!!

Mike

we didn't get there until 7pm or so and I bolted for more supplies.

Riener said he was talking to someone from Milverton club. Next time say Hi, for sure. Just ask for Tim.

• 6 months later...

Archived