Breaking News!!! No Northern Loop for Next winter.

The Groomer Guy

You are out to lunch, if th OFSC can insure 35k km's of trails and all the volunteers, then it would be easy to buy insurance for 1200km of trails for very little money. I cannot believe the forest

can run without insurance as thy surely cannot

buy any according to you.......

Several million??? You do know that the insurance for the OFSC is only about 2.5 million.

The forest makes you sign a wavier. Basically you sign away your right to sue them. Ofsc could do the same thing, providing the permit was only good for the person that purchased it. Because this isn't the case, it opens up the door for law suits.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forest makes you sign a wavier. Basically you sign away your right to sue them. Ofsc could do the same thing, providing the permit was only good for the person that purchased it. Because this isn't the case, it opens up the door for law suits.

You cannot sign away your right to sue, not valid in Ontario, and the OFSC does have the same waiver you accept upon buying your TP.

You cannot sign away your right to sue, not valid in Ontario, and the OFSC does have the same waiver you accept upon buying your TP.

I can lend my sled to my friend, that never even read the wavier!

You are out to lunch, if th OFSC can insure 35k km's of trails and all the volunteers, then it would be easy to buy insurance for 1200km of trails for very little money. I cannot believe the  forest can run without insurance as thy surely cannot buy any according to you.......

Several million??? You do know that the insurance for the OFSC is only about 2.5 million.

I'm well aware of the OFSC cost. But you have no recoed of risk management as a stand alone club or assoc. They wouldn't even talk to you.

Ours get done daily on weekends and a few times during the week too. We have a short season and a ton of traffic. The southern trails can see more traffic in a day, then the far north see's all winter!

Exactly, those northern trails don't have the traffic and require less frequent maintenance.  It's not like there are a ton of reckless weekend warrior morons out there ruining the trails. 

Archived