Orillia Trails open limited again!!

Kerry

WooHoo! Orillia got the groomers going again and got the west side groomed.I was returning thru the horseshoe valley today and saw they had gone thru-checked the map and surenuff they are open.Awesome job guys!! Any spring riding here is great when you cant get away up north.We have really been blessed with a decent amount of snow building up in the last week.Roads are obviously not good but where there is snow it has held well.This is the icing on top.Get out and ride! Thanks ODSC. Great job!

One thing I noticed trail 203 has logs piled up where it cuts in by bass lake sideroad and the 11th and that trail is still marked closed.It may be done from there to hawkestone for the season-dont know.

Kerry

Thanks for the report Kerry, and thanks ODSC. That is great news, and i'm sure there will be a lot of happy sledders this weekend.

We figured we had got enough fresh snow on top of the base that was left to send 2 groomers out. One JD went to Waubenshene yesterday on the B105C and C trail and then did the B and 201 trail today. I jumped in the other JD last night and ran the B112B rail line. Overall trails have held up better then we thought. Some bares spots remain and will only become worse. 203 is done for the year. I closed the gates up last night to keep people out. There are 2 swamps along there and too many farmers fields. We'll remain open for the weekend then shut down for the season. One last kick at the can!

Thanks OG. That will be a good birthday present for White Dragon.

Thanks OG. That will be a good birthday present for White Dragon.

1st time in yrs i could ride local on b-day...

My birthday is in July so I'll never get that birthday present. Have a good weekend and enjoy the trails.

Well I want to thank you personally then Oro Guy.The last ride we went on was March the 10th, We trailered to line 5 and did the short loop.Tomorrow we will hit uhtoff line and go over to horseshoe side and back and call it a season and a great one at that! We had some really good rides this year on some of the best maintained trails in ontario.Kudos to you guys.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry for the compliments! Always nice to hear from riders on how they've enjoyed our trail system. Seems to be a lot of fans this year!! Once we had the snow we tried to keep the 3 groomers going everyday. We had a great crew of operators this year along with our dedicated volunteers it turned out to be an alright season. We hope to improve some trails next year and know a few reroutes will have to be made around the area. Hoping the majority of our elected volunteer positions will be filled next year so we can have another successful year! Don't think anyone will challenge me for vp again this year! Haha

"kudos to you guys" x 2.... thanks for a great season

Got out today for a spin.Trailered to the ninth at bass lk sideroad and did a circle from there but also took a trip towards west ridge where i see they are in the midst of clearing more bush out behind line 15 and a clearing beside the trail at line 13.Looks like progress will move sections of the trail for next season.Anyway todays' ride was great as the township really didnt do much scraping of the last couple of light snowfalls so there was more edge of the road lube than two weeks ago when we were out.Definately happy with our trails- too bad the season has to come to an end.Fortunately I have a transom in need of repair to keep me busy so I can get fishing as soon as the ice is out.Again Oro Guy Thanks for a great season!

Kerry

Archived