Twin mountains and Buckhorn

z1turbo

Notice that there is some limited riding in these areas, anybody been out there recently. Where would be the best to drop off, caygeon lanes, club house or oak shores restaurant.

i would drop at the clubhouse, trails from oak shores and lanes get pretty dicey when in spring condtions,

got some snow and been -11 last couple nights get out and ride

Thanks for the reply, I like to go out on Sunday and drop at club house. Go to Wilberforce for lunch and come back.

Thanks for the reply, I like to go out on Sunday and drop at club house. Go to Wilberforce for lunch and come back.

id o a similar ride but go to harcourt for fuel and a stop at the south algoungin cookhouse, the ptb club trails are usually outstanding main e gets beat up a litttle

i believe harcourt and wilberforce have fresh snow and the groomers have been out. I rode in the bancroft area today and saw the groomer. i talked to a few guys having late lunch at Porterville Diner and they said the trails were good down through wilberforce. it sounds like the south end of the park got more snow than other areas.

This sunday I have about 6 guys going to twin mountains clubhouse and go to Wilberforce of hardcourt we will decide later. I will probably get to clubhouse around 7:30am, takes me about 1.5hr to drive there. I hope it doesn't get to beat up on Sat.

I was in this area today, trails were fantastic.. some paudash trails were not groomed (yet?). but 298 km's from burnt river to bancroft to Halliburton and back to burnt

e108 east (great)->E->E110(really beat)->b106E north(great)->e109 west (great) ->E/B to haliburton(AWESOME)-b103 south (good).

have fun, it was a terrific day today

Glad ya got out for good ride Steve!

My riding partner ended my day early yesterday for the third time this year...he blew a rear bogie and we had to limp back to the truck with only 30kms on the odo of the new Apex.

I won't mention what make it is, but it rhymes with Wolaris!!!

I was in this area today, trails were fantastic.. some paudash trails were not groomed (yet?). but 298 km's from burnt river to bancroft to Halliburton and back to burnt

e108 east (great)->E->E110(really beat)->b106E north(great)->e109 west (great) ->E/B to haliburton(AWESOME)-b103 south (good).

have fun, it was a terrific day today

Glad ya got out for good ride Steve!

My riding partner ended my day early yesterday for the third time this year...he blew a rear bogie and we had to limp back to the truck with only 30kms on the odo of the new Apex.

I won't mention what make it is, but it rhymes with Wolaris!!!

ya well.. thats just lack of maintenance, and its a 15+ year old sled =p

you both need 1200 doo's

Huh??? His is only 7yrs old, and he definitely keeps it maintained.

He's just been plagued with bad luck. He scraped a sharp rock up in Suds and blew a track, then he tore up a bearing and almost pooched his chaincase. Then the dealer who did the repairs didn't tighten up his track, and the rear wheel came off yesterday!

No Doo in my future. I'm on an 11 Apex xtx now. He needs a new ride though!

If he doesn't get a new sled, he'd better find some good luck!!

He's just been plagued with bad luck. He scraped a sharp rock up in Suds and blew a track, then he tore up a bearing and almost pooched his chaincase. Then the dealer who did the repairs didn't tighten up his track, and the rear wheel came off yesterday!

oh I thought it was the guy with the xlt.. older machine. but that sucks, I was riding with my dad and he has a 97 FIII.. always little things, after going 250 kms he had the plug end(the part that screws off the top) strip inside the plug cap and was miss firing, couldnt change the plug cause the part was stuck in the cap.. thankfully some black tape got him home.

Probably going to have to go with luck! Thankfully, I have never needed a tow with this sled, that I will say has been good luck! Don't think you can count Kearny, you still finished the 20 km!

You're right bud. Kearney doesn't really count, but I did have to ride back to the resort by myself. Ha!!

And yes...very lucky on not needing the tow!!!

Probably going to have to go with luck! Thankfully, I have never needed a tow with this sled, that I will say has been good luck! Don't think you can count Kearny, you still finished the 20 km!

Archived