Popular exit from Sturgeon Lake closed by owners

grossman

Just a heads up, there is an non-ofsc access to Sturgeon Lake in the north towards Fenelon Falls through the marsh in that area. All winter there has been a sign up reading "stay off lawns or lose exit from lake" Well, I guess somebody didn't listen. My buddies and I went out in the morning yesterday and exited the lake from there. Came home sometime around 9pm. Pulled up and the gate was bolted shut across it with another sign reading. "Closed because of an a-ho"

So I doubt the property owners will be opening that again next year.

That sucks its are only exit to the rail trail without road running or back tracking for us.I called a friend to let him know,he knows people in that area that he is going to talk to.

yup the usual bs someone can't contain themselves for the 500ft untill you hit the field, last night had to go up the scugog river and cross at pilings and pick trail up at thunderbridge rd

yup the usual bs someone can't contain themselves for the 500ft untill you hit the field, last night had to go up the scugog river and cross at pilings and pick trail up at thunderbridge rd

Speaking of that field. I doubt there would be access through it much longer anyway. Noticed it has "no snowmobiling" signs on both ends now and it looks like they've started piling the hay bails across where the "trail" goes.

That whole area is basically a snowmobiling dead zone now.

why not, people ask to stay off lawns and crap and the usual no respect brap brap through the area and the field towards the trail, whole lake the get the stupid out of your system before hitting the cut off, now people are pissed and will have to get into fenlon other ways

And I'd put money down the idiots responsible for the closure don't even ride this area often. So now us locals are screwed thanks to the idiots who probably will never come back.

BTW, Including myself as a local since my parents live there year round and i'm there just about every weekend. ;)

Archived