Orillia to Big Chute

wndoguy

Why is Route C from Coldwater to Port Severn yellow. I have avoided this trail all year, and I want to know why it is the way it is. I would like to go from Orillia to Pt. Severn, Big Chute and then back down B105. Any thoughts?

Why is Route C from Coldwater to Port Severn yellow. I have avoided this trail all year, and I want to know why it is the way it is. I would like to go from Orillia to Pt. Severn, Big Chute and then back down B105. Any thoughts?

I could see why now. The rail trail had a lot of minimal snow and water on the trails on Wednesday Feb.27th due to all the warm weather that week. Trails were very soft and snow was thrown off due to some throttle jockies also. No fault of the club or sledders who just stayed a nice pace on the rail bed. Sad really. Than some people were riding their ATV's on it which to me would pretty much finish it. B105 was good through the bush all the way from Port Severn down south until you hit the portion that Orillia does on it (about 5-6 miles) was not groomed at all due to creeks and other water ways on there. Not good. Should have taken the 14 to the C from the B105 from Port Severn. Yet just a week ago that railbed was awesome. Weather is playing a big factor on those trails now really IMO.

I ran it Saturday anyway. C from Coldwater up towards Severn Falls. Was ok, but lots of water on trail but could get around it.

That's our section of trail and the reasoning is we have a Marsh that we go through that has been problem atic with the freeze thaw cycle. We also have a section along there which used to be groomed but is now being plowed by a landowner to get to his cottage.

We've had only a couple days where we could have been Green , but with the terrain we have things have been awesome in some areas , but poor in others.

Our status is up to date and accurate , safety and rider enjoyment are our priority.

Paul

Vice President

Baxter Snow Riders

That's our section of trail and the reasoning is we have a Marsh that we go through that has been problem atic with the freeze thaw cycle. We also have a section along there which used to be groomed but is now being plowed by a landowner to get to his cottage.

We've had only a couple days where we could have been Green , but with the terrain we have things have been awesome in some areas , but poor in others.

Our status is up to date and accurate , safety and rider enjoyment are our priority.

Paul

Vice President

Baxter Snow Riders

Totally agree Paul. Like I said in another post you did one heck of a job with those trails we were on. I was not being negative towards any trail system. I honestly feel that all the clubs this year have been doing a FABULOUS job especially with the retarded weather we have had. All of you deserve a HUGE THANK YOU from all of us. You are correct that your status is up to date and accurate which I really appreciate. Snowcrest does the same for us. I would rather see you guys put the trails to yellow (like you do) for bare roads or some rock showing on trails than show it green due to how AWESOME the actual trails are. Hope this makes sense. Of course this is JMO

Wasn't taken negatively at all. Limited is all rider perspective and club standards.

Our club has high standards and would rather have people asking why not green vs why is it green when it should be yellow.

Our past executive dealt with a lot of complaints , our new exectuive myself included have heard nothing but positive feedback.

Like I've said before its a nice healthy boost for our volunteers who work

very hard to provide what we can. That goes for every club out there.

Edit: just an FYI Smart Snowmobile club has been grooming for us from Port To Coldwater. They didn't groom through the marsh lastnight because of the threat of breaking open the ice. We've been Grooming there north trails on the other side of Pretty Channel because they can't cross the dam.

Wasn't taken negatively at all. Limited is all rider perspective and club standards.

Our club has high standards and would rather have people asking why not green vs why is it green when it should be yellow.

Our past executive dealt with a lot of complaints , our new exectuive myself included have heard nothing but positive feedback.

Like I've said before its a nice healthy boost for our volunteers who work

very hard to provide what we can. That goes for every club out there.

Edit: just an FYI Smart Snowmobile club has been grooming for us from Port To Coldwater. They didn't groom through the marsh lastnight because of the threat of breaking open the ice. We've been Grooming there north trails on the other side of Pretty Channel because they can't cross the dam.

Cool, thanks.

Thanks for the answer to my original post. Like I said, did the trail anyway, and trail was ok. Nothing dangerous at all. Small portion too. North of that trail was terrific. Road from Orillia to Norland Sunday, and those trails were great too. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated. Also, I personally didn't enjoy 12, as it was too rough for me, but my wife loved it as we saw lots of wildlife.....deer in the area. Thanks again.

Thanks for the answer to my original post. Like I said, did the trail anyway, and trail was ok. Nothing dangerous at all. Small portion too. North of that trail was terrific. Road from Orillia to Norland Sunday, and those trails were great too. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated. Also, I personally didn't enjoy 12, as it was too rough for me, but my wife loved it as we saw lots of wildlife.....deer in the area. Thanks again.

we musta passed each other on sunday...

We enjoy going to the Riverside restaurant so its a good trip for us. We had been parking at the CC Hawthorne restaraunt, but Sunday he charged us $20 to park there, but said if we ate there we could park free. So then upon our return, we went in for coffee and desert....which was very good, and he was gone, and noone else would help us. So we spend $15 on desert and coffee, $20 to park, and then our lunch in Norland. Was a good day however, just need to find another place to leave the trailer when doing that run.

Archived