Thank your Groomers and Volunteers!

Snogirlfx

300 km today!!! beer_cheers.gif Left on sleds from home at 9:00 am this morning and just got back in the door(8:00 pm). Lunch at Neustadt Top End Tavern then snack for dinner at St Clements Clubhouse. Great day and wonderful trails! Thank you to the groomers and the volunteers fluffy.gif I love this sport!

Glad you guys are finally able to ride from home, hopefully I can get up there this week and ride with you guys before I leave for Arizona

I agree. Trails have been awesome.

North bay this weekend though.

I will give the local trails a break. Haha.

I agree. Trails have been awesome.

North bay this weekend though.

I will give the local trails a break. Haha.

Going to be another great weekend. 30 cm in the forecast, heck maybe we will get 50cm. Cool temps behind the system for more lake effect. Maybe another storm next week too. Maybe ride till end of march break this year.

Going to be another great weekend. 30 cm in the forecast, heck maybe we will get 50cm. Cool temps behind the system for more lake effect. Maybe another storm next week too. Maybe ride till end of march break this year.

It's been a few years since I've done that in the south. 2001? 2002?

I remember riding on the late 20's (maybe 24th or 25th) of March in plus 8 temps coming home through Elmira trails. The snow was slush and there was flooding in the low areas. Riding with no gloves and our jackets open.

You never know. I rode a street bike way back when I lived in K.L.. I put it away one fall on the 21st of November, and took it back out on the 18th of February. The following fall I took out the sled around Halloween and rode thru April. Can't schedule around Mother Nature.

It's been a few years since I've done that in the south. 2001? 2002?

I remember riding on the late 20's (maybe 24th or 25th) of March in plus 8 temps coming home through Elmira trails. The snow was slush and there was flooding in the low areas. Riding with no gloves and our jackets open.

It was spring 2008. Rode Gtsa trails march break. Then did donut's lake ride at the end of the week. Last one he ever did.

Yep, I was looking back through pics and I have a pic of my son and I sitting on the river at Winterbourne bridge in March 2008. I think we rode on the Monday or Tuesday and then it was gone. That's only 5 years ago but seams a long time since.

The other year I was remembering was around 2001 , 02 or 03 but I can't remember what sled I was on. I'm thinking it was my 97 ZRT 800. I know it was real late March, like 27-29th. If I had taken my trailer to north of Wingham, I could have rode April 1 but I didn't and it all closed by April 2.

It was some where around 2002 or 2003 for sure. Spring 94 I rode until second week of April here in d5. Started riding dec 10 th that year. Rode every week pretty much. Had 8000 miles on the sled by the end of the season. Next year sucked and only got in 500 miles. So we are due for a late march this year. Funny how it seems to happen every 5 to 6 years.

We rode from Tavistock to Exeter on April 1 in 03.Snow came mid Nov 02 and never had much of a thaw that season.

Put 9100 kms on sled that season

We rode from Tavistock to Exeter on April 1 in 03.Snow came mid Nov 02 and never had much of a thaw that season.

94 to 95 sucked. Put on 500 miles. Had a few weeks of so, so trails in d5. 96 to 97 was good. 97 to 98 (new sled again) this time no snow. Only rode one weekend in d5 that winter. Didn't ride sled until first week of feb in hunstville. There trails were just starting. 98 to 99 was awesome. Most snow I have ever seen in d5. We were getting storm after storm whole month of Jan. I can remember Toronto getting 70 cm in 36 hours and they called in the army. A few days later another 30cm storm occurred. I had my skidoo parked on my front lawn and it was even with the house roof line.

It was spring 94, not 93 though. I bought a new sled in fall 93 and rode from dec 10 to second week of April for a total of 8000 miles. That was the year that all of the great lakes froze over solid.

Ok, that's the year I was thinking and would mean I had my '03 Rev. I bought it on the 13th of February after blowing the motor on the ZRT the previous weekend. I put something like 3000 kms on it before I put it away at the end of March.

I remember 93/94. I wasn't riding but I was plowing. It was like having a full time job. I remember it being real cold and I spent most of the winter bouncing back and forth between a plow truck, a dump truck and a loader. 1 week I put in 80 hours in 4 days.

96/97 was a good year too. I bought my first truck and plow that fall (until then I had driven for someone else). I paid $4000 for the truck and a used plow. By the end of the seaon I had billed out $11000 at $40/hour. And I was subbing my work from others which means you don't go out unless there is 2" or more of snow.

Archived