East Orillia Trails today-feb 23

Kerry

My wife and I usually ride the west side trails but decided today to hit the east side trails- B,B104 and 207.As Todd Hoffman would say holy frick we got gold... er I mean snow gold and I gotta say a great big THANK YOU to the groomers on the east side.This is our first ride on this side in two years and you people did not dissappoint.My wife led most of the way and all I heard the whole frikken ride was OHHH, AHHH, WOW etc etc.They were tabletop smooth and hopefully we get that snow tuesday so we can hit them again next weekend!We have never done B104 and 207 before.Won't make that mistake again.

I do have one question,does anyone take the narrows bridge or is it just the lake trail.It is always very slushy going off the T heading east and she does not like slush.It's hard enough getting her to cross cooch when it's hard and cold.

Thanks Kerry

My wife and I usually ride the west side trails but decided today to hit the east side trails- B,B104 and 207.As Todd Hoffman would say holy frick we got gold... er I mean snow gold and I gotta say a great big THANK YOU to the groomers on the east side.This is our first ride on this side in two years and you people did not dissappoint.My wife led most of the way and all I heard the whole frikken ride was OHHH, AHHH, WOW etc etc.They were tabletop smooth and hopefully we get that snow tuesday so we can hit them again next weekend!We have never done B104 and 207 before.Won't make that mistake again.

I do have one question,does anyone take the narrows bridge or is it just the lake trail.It is always very slushy going off the T heading east and she does not like slush.It's hard enough getting her to cross cooch when it's hard and cold.

Thanks Kerry

Are you sure that she was riding a sled?? LOL Ohhh, Ahhhhhhh, wow. Kind of sounds kinky! Mmmmmmmmmm I think we will have to try the east side on Tuesday or Wednesday. I haven't ridden the B trail on the east side of Orillia in at least 5 years!! Nice route to take since it looks like Wasaga isn't all that great for us to go. Thanks and you are right the clubs are FANTASTIC.

Yep she was riding a sled lol.What can I say. The last time we went that way was a trip to gravenhurst a couple years ago which we are still hoping to do this year as she hasn't been on the 204 since it was redone.Neither of us have done B104 and the club trail 207 before and I am really impressed with the work done on that side.Very little road rash at all.It's too bad we have to wait so long for good conditions to harden the bogs and swamps on that side but right now all i can say is this was our best ride yet and that is not to belittle the trails on the west side as they are great too and that's what we are usually on.I should have said in my first post that all the 'VOLUNTEERS' deserve a big THANK YOU !! as I know it is not just the groomers that got the trails to this state.

Probably the best part is the loops that we take are typically 60-70 miles and this one is right there.Enjoy your ride and the Orillia club really has done an excellent job on our trails this year.

Kerry

We were out again today just doing a reverse ride and although the trails were smooth and just recently groomed the sun in just a couple days has gotten to a few spots.Hopefully we get the snow and it sticks to the trail and doesn't blow away.Also wanted to add that in my original post I overlooked the fact that part of the trails we were riding are maintained by the Carden Snow Drifters and it should be noted that their portion of the trails were also done again today-GREAT JOB! I pray for a good shot of snow on you guys to keep that highway smooth and hope the cold next week gives us the opportunity to get on them again.

Archived