Uxbridge-Port Perry-Fenelon Falls-Uxbridge

yamadan700

Kudos to Heart of Ontario, Port Perry and Kawartha Lakes snowmobile clubs!!!!! Rode the H5 and PP103 to Port Perry, E108 to Fenelon Falls and the B103, H4, H6,H5 back to Uxbridge with my daughter today. I have never been on better trails ever!!! Table top all the way around! Beautiful!!!

You guys rock!!!..... Trails should be green, not yellow.

we saw you guys on the bridge in Fenelon. 3 of us stopped taking pictures.....trails were great!

Yes we remember seeing you too! Awesome trails, awesome day!! Beautiful!!

It sure was! Thanks to all the volunteers and groomers for making our day great. Here are some pictures from our day.z22Uxyz.jpg3VxDw9H.jpgdHxUhne.jpgwDVNy7B.jpgqvKsLCO.jpglsjfJfN.jpgMcR58L4.jpg

How are the trails over Beaverton way, both condition and overall.

We didn't go that far up, but if they are like the ones we were on.....they will be great!

How are the trails over Beaverton way, both condition and overall.

I went both ways today, h10(the more north one off b103) is in better shape, parts of the other trail need to be brushed before it gets groomed by the looks of it. Big drifts in lots of the fields. both passable and lots of snow.

h10 on the farmers field, took me two takes to get up it http://img51.imagesh...30221132727.jpg

I did not go north of beaverton, theres a fair bit of road running again (Mike what happened to trying to put the trail along the ditches on 12/48?)

Rode from Uxbridge to Bewdley and back today. East of the PP clubhouse is good/great. Some icy sections toward the Bewdley end, need snow...Just the ice crossing and swamps between Port Perry and the clubhouse are rough due to the recent flooding and lack of snow on top. E108 was good to the 101. 101 is a little rough. Believe that trail just opened this week. 103 is still decent. Just wish the snowplow operators would stop winging the shoulder gravel onto the ditch trail. All in all, a good ride.

Also 104 shows yellow on OFSC trail guide but had trail closed sign at the 107/104 intersection. Not sure why, we just turned around.

we did 104 on Thursday. It is better than 108 which we did on the way back. 104 is still icy in a couple of the corners as I found out the hard way!

Should mention that we did the island trails as well. They were a blast! table top and lots of turns. They definetly deserve to be green, which i see they are now.

Kudos to Heart of Ontario, Port Perry and Kawartha Lakes snowmobile clubs!!!!! Rode the H5 and PP103 to Port Perry, E108 to Fenelon Falls and the B103, H4, H6,H5 back to Uxbridge with my daughter today. I have never been on better trails ever!!! Table top all the way around! Beautiful!!!

You guys rock!!!..... Trails should be green, not yellow.

Driving north on Lakeridge Road yesterday, was keeping an eye out for trails thanks to your report. Noticed trail H6 proximate to O'Neil Road, which appears to run on a multi - use trail was blocked off by a few concrete blocks on the west side of Lakeridge? Is there a sledding way around this?

I have to get by the concrete blocks when I go sledding,the way to get around when heading west is to go north on lakeridge to O'neil road and then go down O'neil road and pick the trail up when it crosses over the road where there is a sign that says "trail closed" .The trail goes to gas,food,beer and a auto garage but the bridge that crosses the river has been fenced off so the only way to get there is to run the roads into town.I have been using Sandy Hook Rd that ends at trail to get around the fence.You can get around the concrete blocks but you need studs to do it.I hope that we have not lost this trail as it is good for all the businesses that are at the end of that trail and sledders to ride from town.

Driving north on Lakeridge Road yesterday, was keeping an eye out for trails thanks to your report. Noticed trail H6 proximate to O'Neil Road, which appears to run on a multi - use trail was blocked off by a few concrete blocks on the west side of Lakeridge? Is there a sledding way around this?

that is a dead end trail into uxbridge that ends at main street, the club was also asked not to take the groomer over the old train bridge there anymore, so maybe they have decided not to fully open it now either. you can take the trail south to h5

I have to get by the concrete blocks when I go sledding,the way to get around when heading west is to go north on lakeridge to O'neil road and then go down O'neil road and pick the trail up when it crosses over the road where there is a sign that says "trail closed" .The trail goes to gas,food,beer and a auto garage but the bridge that crosses the river has been fenced off so the only way to get there is to run the roads into town.I have been using Sandy Hook Rd that ends at trail to get around the fence.You can get around the concrete blocks but you need studs to do it.I hope that we have not lost this trail as it is good for all the businesses that are at the end of that trail and sledders to ride from town.

that is a dead end trail into uxbridge that ends at main street, the club was also asked not to take the groomer over the old train bridge there anymore, so maybe they have decided not to fully open it now either. you can take the trail south to h5

Thanks for the info! Looks like it would be best to drop and ride from behind the Walmart in Uxbridge or park on Ganton Road as I have seen a few rigs there as well. Let's hope the conditions hold up a long while longer.

overzealous engineers are at it again. It is a wooden trestle and many modern engineers have difficulty understanding them. We have had that problem too. It is hard to believe that thebridge is completly unsafe when the last trains that took out the rail is in recent memory.

I have spent the last 4 days riding trails in and around the Heart of Ontario. They have been table top every day, groomed to prefection. Kudos to all the people involved in the Heart of Ontario club that have done such a great job on the trails. We don't get good conditions very often but this year you have all done a great job with the snow we have. Hopefully we will get some more snow this week to extend our season. :woot: :woot:

That is correct. The bridge has been effectively condemned and we have been asked to not use it.

Thanks for the comments on our trails. They will be turning green soon.

Archived