Orillia trails

Cat guy

orillia has been doing a outstanding job with their trails...think they groomed all wk-end...various trails

Just wanted to say good job on trails in orillia . . Took family out to coldwater and could not have been better. Who needs to go north when they were this good

Did you go past Coldwater towards Port McNichol? That new trail is awesome!!!!

You are correct the Orillia club did a great job. Does anyone know if they got a chance to groom #204?

Next year my pass money along with my son and his girlfriends money will be going to the Orillia trails . This year they have done a great job.Even last year with the winter that we had,they tried real hard to please the riders.KOODO's to the club and grooming crew

Hey guys - any news on Snowcrest #4 along Long Lake? It's been shown as red all season. It makes a good route for any circuits we plan out of Washago area but haven't been able to do so this year.

And again kudos to the great efforts the Club has put into its trails.

Hey guys - any news on Snowcrest #4 along Long Lake? It's been shown as red all season. It makes a good route for any circuits we plan out of Washago area but haven't been able to do so this year.

Sorry, but I haven't heard anything on the Long Lake trail either - you might want to try posting this question in the Snowcrest Forum here is 'Central' as well.

You are good to go!!

204 was good sat. Sorry just went to coldwater via hawkstone then back down super hyway to couch

204 was awesome yesterday. WOW Orillia has done a fabulous job with that trail. I love how the trail is along the road in the ditches and through all the woods. That trail use to have a lot or road running. Great work people!!! Now I just hope nobody ruins it for us. That run from Sparrow Lake to Midland is the sweetest trail!!

You are good to go!!

extreme600: I'm trying to make sure I understand - - I would love to try the Long Lake Route (Trail 4) to get from Sparrow Lake to Coldwater, but I am still seeing it shown as red on the online map. When you say "good to go" are you verifying that Trail 4 from Sparrow Lake to B105 is passable? My sled is a gas hog, and I don't want to find myself out on a limb.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

extreme600: I'm trying to make sure I understand - - I would love to try the Long Lake Route (Trail 4) to get from Sparrow Lake to Coldwater, but I am still seeing it shown as red on the online map. When you say "good to go" are you verifying that Trail 4 from Sparrow Lake to B105 is passable? My sled is a gas hog, and I don't want to find myself out on a limb.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

I honestly don't know why they still show it red. Because last week I rode it due to seeing the signs up. I see they also show trail#4 red going from the swing bridge in Port Stanton to trail 204. I rode that also without any issues. WTH. There was a LOT of sled tracks on Long Lake when I went also. We are going up on Tuesday and Wednesday again. Therefore I am going to run that trail again unless I see the signs down. Maybe someone else from Snowcrest could chime in here. Blake or Diesel might have an idea why it is showing RED. I hope it isn't an issue with a land owner or something.

the 2-3 years prior in orillia area were horrible, we did 2000kms in the area from 2009-2011 .

Maybe after reading this we will give Orillia a try again in 2014

the 2-3 years prior in orillia area were horrible, we did 2000kms in the area from 2009-2011 .

Maybe after reading this we will give Orillia a try again in 2014

orillia has a great prez...the grooming crew is top notch

orillia has a great prez...the grooming crew is top notch

OMG yesterday we rode #204 again and holy crap it is still a beauty. We did a 130 mile loop yesterday cause we started late (lazy I guess). Anyways when we left the roads were all hard packed and well covered. When we arrived back at 6:00pm holy crap that damn sun beat on the rail bed and the roads. Thankfully #204 is mainly in the woods and along the roads groomed ditches (yahoo), therefore very minimal road rash. Cudos once again for that trail. What a HUGE improvement. I hope that for the club everyone stays off the rail bed so that it will preserve what is left on it. Only trail that was rough was about 6 miles of the B105 which I totally understand why. There is a lot of waterways to go over which are open and soft due to the mild weather. But, I didn't mind it really. Makes me appreciate the RUSH a lot more when the trail is rough. LOL Again thanks for all that the clubs do. Now lets hope for cold and snow. I don't want to have to go way north yet.

OMG yesterday we rode #204 again and holy crap it is still a beauty. We did a 130 mile loop yesterday cause we started late (lazy I guess). Anyways when we left the roads were all hard packed and well covered. When we arrived back at 6:00pm holy crap that damn sun beat on the rail bed and the roads. Thankfully #204 is mainly in the woods and along the roads groomed ditches (yahoo), therefore very minimal road rash. Cudos once again for that trail. What a HUGE improvement. I hope that for the club everyone stays off the rail bed so that it will preserve what is left on it. Only trail that was rough was about 6 miles of the B105 which I totally understand why. There is a lot of waterways to go over which are open and soft due to the mild weather. But, I didn't mind it really. Makes me appreciate the RUSH a lot more when the trail is rough. LOL Again thanks for all that the clubs do. Now lets hope for cold and snow. I don't want to have to go way north yet.

when fire242 & i hit b105...some a-hole drove a 4-wheeler from orillia to coldwater down the middle of the trail spinning tires thru the base...on return noticed sleds had help smooth the damage quite abit

when fire242 & i hit b105...some a-hole drove a 4-wheeler from orillia to coldwater down the middle of the trail spinning tires thru the base...on return noticed sleds had help smooth the damage quite abit

There always has to be a moron somewhere!!

There is more than one moron out there riding 4 wheelers on the trails. Out a week ago today saw tracks on the C around Coldwater, thankfully the Orillia groomer was behind me headed to Coldwater. Again on Monday tracks on the 801 west of Feversham, Osprey groomers were working in tandem coming up the 801 so they would fix it up. Yesterday with white dragon the damage on the B105C was worse because of the temp but as he said the sleds were smoothing it out.

Archived