Post 392

XTC500

Who remembers Thor Lake where you needed their gas from Jerry cans to make it to more gas.  I forget exactly where they were, somewhere along "C" I think..

Yes, on 1 of "earlier" routes TOP C took between Capreol & Shining Tree. McKee's Camp was in the news the past year. I saw something on TV a while ago. Not sure how things worked out.

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2014/10/08-CN-crossing-glen-child-sudbury.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

There was fuel available at Tata chita pika  lodge just south of post 392 on C trail but that was three years ago. I don't know if they are still there.

Yes the lodge is still there, don't know about fuel

• 10 months later...

Going thru the maps and the "Post" has an ad in the TATA map, so I guess it's business as usual for them.

On 12/16/2015 at 9:17 AM, Pappy said:

There was fuel available at Tata chita pika  lodge just south of post 392 on C trail but that was three years ago. I don't know if they are still there.

TCP web-site is still up, and it still says they have fuel and cater to sledders...but they longer advertise on the map.  Although we have stayed there twice over the years, the last time was quite a while ago, so I can't offer any current information.

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Were heading to post 392 this season.  I will give a report after..

Ditto...looking forward to trying their cuisine.

24 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Ditto...looking forward to trying their cuisine.

You are in for a treat!

Archived