Post 392

XTC500

Last week when looking for a place for lunch we stumbled upon Post 392. I don't remember seeing any comments about this place on OC, so I thought it deserved a mention. This is a B&B located south of Timmins on the C trail. We only had lunch there, which was very good, but they have quite a few B&B beds. It looked like a great place to stay. I googled it & came up with this Trip Advisor reveiw:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155018-d1502001-Reviews-Post_392_Bed_Breakfast-Timmins_Ontario_s_Wilderness_Region_Ontario.html

haven't been that way for awhile...is spider still there...he is a jamaican dude

We only met the owner, Marie.

was 10 yrs ago i think...know we bought some gas off her...really does seem like its in the middle of nowhere

Our group passed by there a couple of years ago on our way to Gowgama. We weren't able to stay there as they had very limited availability for groups (we normally require at least 4 rooms). Have heard great things about the food there - one day, we will get to try it! I am interested in what others have to say :D Thanks for posting, haven't heard anything about them in ages!

have not heares a bad this about them, everone around hear says her cooking is awsome,,,, very nice place to stay also.

was going to head down that way today ,,,, never made it .

For those that try to find Post 392, the name refers to tower #392 (the numbers are on the north side of each tower) on the power line that C trail follows. There place is well signed & a trail takes you from C to there resort.

Stayed there a couple of times. Always ate well. I thought the place had closed for the winter but I'm glad to hear they are open

i was told today, its up for sale and this will be her last winter.

What did you do??? Sounds familiar. We better start practising winter camping.

• 8 months later...

The 2014 TATA (Dist' 14) map has a Post 392 ad, so they must be planning on being open this winter.

i heard they where closed for winter ,,,, but am glad they will be open

I have stayed overnight here.Slept great and ate even better.

Marie is a great host and glad to hear she maybe still open this winter.

If you get a chance definitely stop here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread.

Post 392 is a great place to stay.  You will not find better food anywhere on any trail.  I visited there 2X last season.  Anyone headed to Timmins for a night should consider Post 392 instead, it's just about 30km from Timmins.  Post 392 does mean "Post 392" you can watch the numbers one the hydro towers as you ride.  Marie will answer emails this is her email  address:  post392@ntl.sympatico.ca

• 1 year later...

I see they've purchased an ad in this winter's TATA (Dist' 14) map, so I guess it's business as usual.

• 11 months later...

Another ad in the 2016 TATA map.  :right_on:

On my database, I have "gas nearby", anyone have details?

I've been up and down "C" in that area.  The only fuel I know of is Timmins and Tata-Chika-Pika; and I really don't know if they have fuel.  I have never stopped.  Esso is just about 20 miles from Post 392.  I will say that if you haven't stayed at here, you really need to.  Marie makes the best meals by far of anywhere I have stayed. 

Stayed at post392 last year stroked off the bucket list, great place to hold up for a night food was  unbelievable we took pictures . Marie kept serving different dishes . So I put it back on the bucket list .

Stayed at post392 last year stroked off the bucket list, great place to hold up for a night food was  unbelievable we took pictures . Marie kept serving different dishes . So I put it back on the bucket list .

Do you recall if gas was available?

We stayed last year.  I think the nearest gas is Timmins.

We stayed last year.  I think the nearest gas is Timmins.

Thanks I'll revise their listing.

Gas was available jerry cans, more of a if you need gas we have enough to get you to Timmins 

Gas was available jerry cans, 

Some places offer "emergency" fuel. 

The ones I'm thinking of are:

Dinner Bell - Bonfield - arrived on fumes during a counter-clockwise RAP. Stonecliffe (last gas)>A trail, so you bypass Mattawa fuel>BF200 into Bonfield.

La Reine, Quebec - the eastward former railway line along A105Q funnels you out at La Reine, Quebec . First restaurant  (Fort La Reine) had a trailer stocking 5 gallon gas cans. Oddly enough, there's a gas station one km further in town. Not sure re: rules about riding without a permit "deep into" Quebec for gas. How's that for splitting hairs lol? If you take A105Q, you'll need gas for the return trip. On the Interactive Guide, you'll see where the Ontario trail ends/Quebec begins. Oddly enough, there's a symbol for 'food". That's Fort La Reine Restaurant. Nice people.

Who remembers Thor Lake where you needed their gas from Jerry cans to make it to more gas.  I forget exactly where they were, somewhere along "C" I think..

Archived