South Seguin Trail Damage

b-bry

How bad is the weather damage at this point? What will it take to re-open the trails?

Been following weather in Parry Sound on mobile phone most of the day.....although it called for rain the 'current' weather always showed as overcast vs rain....so here's to hoping we have had more winter and less spring in the last 24hrs!

all the trails around SP are currently showing RED

It almost seems that the trails turned to red before the weather had even hit...a precaution I hope to help preserve the trails. Hoping to be able to stop and sled in the PS area on weekend while on the way home from a business trip...waiting to hear like everyone else as to just how much rain vs snow fell.

Sitting on pins and needles for WB's next post!

It almost seems that the trails turned to red before the weather had even hit...a precaution I hope to help preserve the trails. Hoping to be able to stop and sled in the PS area on weekend while on the way home from a business trip...waiting to hear like everyone else as to just how much rain vs snow fell.

Sitting on pins and needles for WB's next post!

as an OFSC director I am limited in my ability to speak

We were wondering why your wife nominated you for that position.

:D

EC is forcasting 20-30cms for PS over the next two days. My plans for this weekend are shot, hoping for next.

Can you tell us if the groomers are out?

I past by the Seguin today at different road crossing its a sheet of ice with very little snow on it,

There's not much to groom..

Calling for some snow tonight..

I think it's rideable considering what people rode on before..

At least the warm up didn't completely melt the base like the last thaw..

I wish..

I'm just east of PS they were calling for 10 to 15 cm last night and another 10 to 15 this morning only got about an inch so far..

I don't think the squalls played out like they said they were..

The stronger bands were around mactier but I don't think 40cm worth..

My brother came up today around noon said moon river area got a lot of snow, over a foot,

Mactier got hit this time, should be good there soon:-)

Not very much, a few cm in Orrville, it's solid ice with an inch of snow, base is hard like cement...

Studs are a must in till more snow comes..

I wish..

I'm just east of PS they were calling for 10 to 15 cm last night and another 10 to 15 this morning only got about an inch so far..

I don't think the squalls played out like they said they were..

The stronger bands were around mactier but I don't think 40cm worth..

Friday night through Saturday morning last weekend MacTier got the 40 cm. that was reported but it was a relatively narrow band, We went through there in white out conditions Saturday morning and the banks from the plows at the sides of the road were about shoulder high.

Archived