What is the demand for Skidoo 1200 4tec?

Domino

Thinking about trading in. Given the 13000 sleds for sale on Kijiji, curious if there is any more demand for Skidoo 1200s

What would a 2010 GSX LE 1200. Be worth?

Why trade a 1200? You buy a 4 stroke for longevity. That's a great sled and a solid mill. My 09 is problem free. I contemplated going for R motion but why upgrade for a tweaked suspension when I love the rest of the sled. I'm going to see mine for a few more seasons. Plus the market is so flooded.

Trade will brutal I imagine. I am guessing 7k range, maybe less if you are over 8k kms. I seen 2012 renegade 1200 going out the door for around 12800 including taxes, freight pdi. Etec's were going out at 12300 range. If you are buying a 12, It might tip in your favour, since dealers need good used sleds to sell.

Thinking about trading in. Given the 13000 sleds for sale on Kijiji, curious if there is any more demand for Skidoo 1200s

What would a 2010 GSX LE 1200. Be worth?

What are you thinking of getting instead, Dom?

As for some guidance on the market value of your trade (both wholesale and retail), have a look at this site: http://www.bluebooktrader.com/

I've found it helpful in the past.

Considering a move to the long track. Still GSX 4tec.

I have under 4k (miles).

Still love the 1200

Considering a move to the long track. Still GSX 4tec.

I have under 4k (miles).

Still love the 1200

I thought that might be how you were leaning. FWIW, I have the GSX SE 1200 long track (with air suspension) and can highly recommend it...smoother and more stable than shorty, bridges trail chatter bumps better, and virtually no handling penalty when set up properly.

I thought that might be how you were leaning. FWIW, I have the GSX SE 1200 long track (with air suspension) and can highly recommend it...smoother and more stable than shorty, bridges trail chatter bumps better, and virtually no handling penalty when set up properly.

The ultimate Grand Couch. Jealous me ...

Ill give you 5 grand! :icon_cankick:

I can always depend on you for the low ball.

This isn't Kijiji and you're white!!

Get the etec and save the 800 for a rebuild. You will trade it again before 10k miles anyway. Big difference in weight when off trail.

Get the etec and save the 800 for a rebuild. You will trade it again before 10k miles anyway. Big difference in weight when off trail.

I did pass that thought. I really do like the quietness of the 4 stroke, mid range power and not having to carry oil.

I did pass that thought. I really do like the quietness of the 4 stroke, mid range power and not having to carry oil.

They are very quite too compared to my last two stroke. Handling is amazing especially for a long track.

No need to carry oil. Can get 1200km on the tank. 350 per tank of fuel too. They are holding thier value exceptanlly well too, actually better since you pay 800 bucks less. My dealer sells 60 percent are etec's. One customer has 20,000kms and haven't touched it. I figure you

have to average 3k a winter to justify the four

stroke. I saved an extra 100 bucks a year on

insurance too. I plan to trade in 4 years too. Lighter to get in the trailer too.

They are very quite too compared to my last two stroke. Handling is amazing especially for a long track.

No need to carry oil. Can get 1200km on the tank. 350 per tank of fuel too. They are holding thier value exceptanlly well too, actually better since you pay 800 bucks less. My dealer sells 60 percent are etec's. One customer has 20,000kms and haven't touched it. I figure you

have to average 3k a winter to justify the four

stroke. I saved an extra 100 bucks a year on

insurance too. I plan to trade in 4 years too. Lighter to get in the trailer too.

Interesting points. I've never had an etec, just a 600SDI and of course the 500SS Boom Series.

Is the only difference the length of the track?

For the most part, yes. There are a few other features added to the SE that I don't care about.

Is the only difference the length of the track?

The key differences are 137" track, 4-position tilt steering, heated seat, different colour choices, and rear air suspension adjustable from handle bars.

I could certainly do without the heated seat, but the longer track, adjustable bars and air suspension are worth every penny of the cost premium, especially on a 300 km saddle-bagging day.

The key differences are 137" track, 4-position tilt steering, heated seat, different colour choices, and rear air suspension adjustable from handle bars.

I could certainly do without the heated seat, but the longer track, adjustable bars and air suspension are worth every penny of the cost premium, especially on a 300 km saddle-bagging day.

Very valid! And worthy options. I have zero interest in heated seats as I dress for conditions. I have owned a 600 etec and mileage was comparable to the 1200 almost ounce for ounce, as quiet, no oily smell, was great on oil consumption, and somewhat lighter than my 1200. Not what I would call earth shatteringly lighter..from my perspective. Both shorties.

I do agree Dom...there is appeal of the long track to eat up the bumps.

Interesting points. I've never had an etec, just a 600SDI and of course the 500SS Boom Series.

had the 2004 boom(500ss) , 09 1200 and now have the 2013 600 e tec, love it , best sled yet. iam glad i went with the etec instead of the 1200 .

just my 2 cents

maybe somewhat off topic - however.

always been a short track rider. bought a '12 touring sport late last season for taking the kids.

I know long tracks have been favoured for years for bridging the bumps - ??? don't have much input here so far - only 200km of good trails.

What i have noticed for sure, is the darn thing doesn't steer like my gsx. understeer in the corners (wants to keep going straight) - I initially wonder if this is to do with the long track? and 16" versus 15".

Something to consider - maybe ???

I have turned the front shocks up two clicks and stiffened the rear of the rear susp. one setting. front of rear is now soft as it can go. It has improved - moving in the right direction.

Never had to play with a machine as much from the factory settings.

It also has a different ski - touring pilot i think? - double carbide in centre. less bite than the standard pilots I assume.

On a good note far less darting-virtually none.

I have both 600 Etec renegade and 800 Etec renegade. I ride with bud that has 1200 gsx touring, Both 600 and 800 are as good or better on fuel than 1200. Oil use really not much of an issue, very low. Depends where you ride. All groomed trail touring 1200 is nice. If you like to play off trail power lines , logging roads etc the etec ren is what I prefer. Much lighter and easy to maneuver in deep untracked snow.

Tough choice. Love the etec and it starts way easier then a four stroke and doesn't need oil changes every season. Uses about 70 bucks of oil per season. I find steering response very light and you don't notice the extra length at all. Floating is incredible. I had it in 20"

of powder and it floated with ease. Very happy so far.

Your opinions are appreciated. Many relevant points.

In previous years I was purely a trail rider. Recent changes forces me to ride "less than groomed" trails and some slushy conditions. Having to lift a 1200 at the front when stuck has caused an old injury to be at risk of reoccuring. I don't want to get stuck!!

I prefer the styling of the XR over the XP, just preference I guess. Probably shouldn't be the deciding factor.

The annual oil changes are a pain in the ass!! BRP has ensured increased revenues by pricing the filter in excess of dinner for two at a fast food restaurant.

The difference between the two engines is negligible. If it was significant, that might be a deciding factor.

Still mulling.....

Archived