Priceless

Ox

$300 to Spicers for new coat, helmet, and oil

$400 (?) to Melenium for weld and plate on two jugs (not yet mounted)

$400 for two trail (border?) passes

$1700 in truck repairs/updates (dooing the rebuild on the NV4500 myself)

$100 (?) for spare piston on my shelf that I will need when I go to install the jugs

(Still need to get new scratchers)

No snow worth mentioning on Jan 19th?

Looks like a "rivers" trip comming up this spring?

Ahhh - don't mind me, I wouldn't have had time to ride yet anyway...

But would still be nice knowing that it is building up!

EDIT:

$150 new batt (s) for the sat phone...

get at it ox, the snow is adding up. when it is ready to go, you need to be ready to go. Ski

what have you got nv4500 in? let me bet, a dodge.

make sure you put the proper fluid in when your done the rebuilt. also make sure you do the updated 5th gear and nut. as i suspect this is the problem you had with it.

• 75W-90 Castrol Syntorque Synthetic
  • Mopar Synthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant Mopar P/N 4974459 (Material Specification 9070)[2]
  • GM Goodwrench® Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid (GM Part No. U.S. 12346190, in Canada 10953477)[

Added the sat phone batts to the above..

Still need two new windshields yet.

Did the 5th gear back in about '03.

Yes - it is in a Dodge.

I don't recall, but I suspect that I ran 80/90 after the update. (It smelled like 80/90)

I didn't know anything about running something different at that time.

I read recently that the new friction type synchronizers kinda like the synth fluid better.

I don't think that I had any fluid issues tho.

Any synch damage was more likely result of miles/wear and me trying to shift it w/o a clutch.

(I'll go back to useing the clutch)

Lower shaft had huge play in it, and the cups were worn way more than any Timken cup I have ever seen.

Nice'n tight now!

Has the "correct" fluid in it now.

(I had someone else doo the R&R)

Truck has been losing quite a bit of weight the last cpl yrs.

2001 pic

TruckFront.jpg

Maybe around 2006 or 7?

(does that say 2005 on the pic?)

(pic taken near Halfway Haven in mid November)

LoadedUp.jpg

is that a 12valve or 24? it looks like it has a back half door, so i guess its a 24. why did you take the box off? it looks like it is in really good shape.

Oh heck - that flatbed is the cats ass!

I run a machine shop, and the flatbed is much better than the box for skids.

You can side load them right up to the headache rack, and can carry four skids on the deck.

And you can tie things down too!

But for the toys it is every bit as good!

Have had our two big sleds and one old Enticer on the deck and up to Searchmont already!

The center of gravity is SO much better than the deck! (I doo tend to drive on shitty roads eh?)

Had 3 ATV's on the old deck up to Timmins, Cochrane, and Hornepayne one yr.

Would be a little harder to get 3 on the flatbed, but I coluld doo it if needed.

I actually shipped the old box to Germany via the port in Mississagua many yrs ago.

Yep - '99 24v with half doors.

Not so good'a shape these days after 13 seasons of salt under her belt.

EliteBridgeport4Aug12011.jpg

iv'e got 2 of these trucks, one 97, 2500 12valve and one 98, 3500 dually 24valve. with a 5th wheel

can't beat the 5.9 cummins engine for durability.

Yeah - I have a goose on mine.

Have used it to haul toys up to Hearst and such before too.

Under the tarp is two sleds up front when we just got back from Wolf Creek Pass in SW Colorado, and a bunch of Horizontal Machining Center parts that we canniblized in Kansas City on the way through. Actually the Kansas City part was the reason for the trip, we just kind'a "extended" the trip a bit. LOL!

30' deck including the pop up dove.

I really like the pop-up dove!

NewYearsTripTruckTrailerJan2011.jpg

GooseneckBeavertail.jpg

Crickie!

Honkers flying north this morning!

May as well put the sleds away?

Second "January Thaw" in the same January.

Go outside to take a leak - in my T-shirt!

Overhead door open b/c it is 80* in the shop!

Two winters in a row?

Where is the excitement of a perfectly good blizzard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_of_1978

'course the big cool down starts tonight, but dang!

Got over a foot of new snow a couple days back.

This was last Monday (01/28/13) on Domtar Road coming back from Black Creek / Aubrey Falls.

IMG_1214.jpg

My chumm called me the other day and said that they got 8-10" in Naubinway, 18" in Gould City, and 2' near Seeny. (?)

Kept expecting some word from the Soo, but all that's been getting posted is east.

???

So then - Much snow near F?

No Snowtell sites in Algoma eh?

Looks liike maybe 4" @ Montreal River Harbour...

netcam.jpg

http://users.vianet....orth/netcam.jpg

My chumm called me the other day and said that they got 8-10" in Naubinway, 18" in Gould City, and 2' near Seeny. (?)

Kept expecting some word from the Soo, but all that's been getting posted is east.

???

So then - Much snow near F?

No Snowtell sites in Algoma eh?

Looks liike maybe 4" @ Montreal River Harbour...

netcam.jpg

http://users.vianet....orth/netcam.jpg

Lots of snow on F Trail down south of Flame Lake!

The Soo groomed the last 15 miles already of F Trail so that the Domtar Trail can hookup with the F trail and never have to ride Ranger Lake Road.

Ox, you would love the powerline cut through because you always go places nobody else trys to get through. Dan Senior hooked me up with directions and some of his buddies lead our group through the powerline. I was going on my own, but with the snow covering the old tracks in some spots, I was glad to follow in that unknown to me region. The D106 was also groomed and you can play all over that area. I even started out for Chapleau, but they are logging and have scrapped all the roads / trails well down below Toll Creek.

I ran 10 miles of crap and went back. It was great until I jumped over a big hump and found myself on a plowed road by the Hydro line about 35 miles south of Halfway Haven. I had a fuel decision to make. I decided that I would go back to Searchmont rather than commit to getting gas in Chapleau.

Had a great ride and went down to Blind River. That was the lowest snow of the trip. Elliot Lake trails were well groomed and some of the best I have seen this year. From goulias river south in the Soo the trails were also groomed well, but the connector to searchmont had not been done in a while. Maybe because that groomer was doing the Whitman Dam and Domtar and F Trail to Aubrey Falls and to Black Creek Outfitters.

Grab the riding while you can this year!

Scott

Too much talk on the radio about 'system' snow vs 'lake effect' snow.

Apparently, what we used to have back in the day was system snow. Huge swaths of foul weather.

Now, it's just streamers off the lakes, hoping they land in your area.

Archived