Cleaner for oxidized trailer

RAM

Can anyone recommend a cleaner for my enclosed aluminim trailer. The outside is black but looking rather grey from oxidizing.

Aluminum boat cleaner.

RAM, I was wondering the same thing. On somebody else's recommendation, I tried Vim, but it didn't work worth a damn. Never Dull does seem to work, but it takes a lot of time and effort to "clean" even a relatively small area, so I was hoping for a faster alternative product.

Any brand of aluminum boat cleaner you can recommend, Mossy?

Flitz metal polish and use their drill mounted buffer

Flitz metal polish and use their drill mounted buffer

Thanks, 02...much appreciated. Any suggestions as to where I can find Flitz?

Thanks, 02...much appreciated. Any suggestions as to where I can find Flitz?

It's not cheap but I bought my supply at the Sled Show as well as the buffer that goes in the drill.

OSIRIS INC.

2 FINLEY ROAD

BRAMPTON, ON L6T-1A9-

Phone: 905-452-0392

DOUBLE B AUTOMOTIVE WAREHOUSE

5035 NORTH SERVICE ROAD

BURLINGTON, ON L7L-5V2-

Phone: 905-332-8070

WILLIAM ASHLEY LTD.

55 BLOOR STREET WEST

TORONTO, ON M4W-3V1-

Phone: 416-964-9111

DRAUGHT SERVICES

2923 PORTLAND DRIVE

OAKVILLE, ON L6H-5S4-

Phone: 905-829-9015

Aluminum Cleaner and Brightner Product 7510

Its a product I got from a local (Sudbury) firm.

Mix solution as directed on the bottle (1 Gallon jug)

Spray on, hose off.

Flitz is a great product if you are doing a smaller area. It's not economical for a larger area. I have only seen it in smaller tubes similar to a small toothpaste tube. If there's other sizes out there I'd stand corrected..but it's not cheap.

I use Mothers metal polish and a powerball on the drill. Makes fast work out of anything metal. You will also need a supply of microfibres cloths to buff up the surface after for best results. It's a lot more economical than Flitz for a large area.

I know the local Blue Beacon truck wash uses something they call 'Aluminum Brightener' on the big rig fuel tanks and wheels. It seems to work pretty well but not sure what it is. It might save you a lot of time to just take it to a truck wash.

Thank you all. As always very helpful suggestions. I have had the trailer "Alumimun Brightered" a few years back. This works well on the aluminum, just can't remember about the black panels. I think that I'll give that a try again.

Thank you all. As always very helpful suggestions. I have had the trailer "Alumimun Brightered" a few years back. This works well on the aluminum, just can't remember about the black panels. I think that I'll give that a try again.

Soap and water for the black painted panels

Aluminum Cleaner and Brightener Product 7510

Its a product I got from a local (Sudbury) firm.

Mix solution as directed on the bottle (1 Gallon jug)

Spray on, hose off.

Thanks, soupkids...sounds like what I'm after. Any idea where I can find it, a little closer to Huntsville than your Sudbury source?

It apparently originates from a company called Crown Chemical, based in Mississauga. I searched their web-site, and could find no information on where it is sold at retail. (It appears as though it can be ordered directly from them, but presumably only in large quantities.)

I get my cleaners and polish from this place.They have good prices as well and in Port Colborne.Fast shipping http://www.eshine.ca/

I got my stuff from Wat Supplies here in Sudbury, I'm sure somebody in the Bay or down your way must have some.

Archived