We have Trails Open ... um ... Available

sledjunk

Heart of Ontario has Limited Availability on some trails. ( Sounds like an Honest Ed's ad, doesn't it?)

We have some trails posted as Yellow in the IAFG!!

Went for a tour yesterday to Fenelon Falls and back. Trails were quite good and we have been getting more snow. Some of the road sections were not great as we need more of the white stuff. The rail line leading into Fenelon Falls had quite a few stones showing through and really needs more snow.

Still it was great to be out on our local trails. This is the first time that I have ridden locally this early.

thanks for the update, who ever thought up this availability thing really needs there head read

Heart of Ontario has Limited Availability on some trails. ( Sounds like an Honest Ed's ad, doesn't it?)

We have some trails posted as Yellow in the IAFG!!

Went for a tour yesterday to Fenelon Falls and back. Trails were quite good and we have been getting more snow. Some of the road sections were not great as we need more of the white stuff. The rail line leading into Fenelon Falls had quite a few stones showing through and really needs more snow.

Still it was great to be out on our local trails. This is the first time that I have ridden locally this early.

That is good news. How did you access the trail? Doesn't look like anything open near the club house in Cannington?

Local touring on weekdays is always nice SJ!

Actually it may be very smart. It says it is available it is your choice to accept the risk

i guess but we have been warned for years about entering the trail system at our own risk, can you be charged with trespassing on unavailable trails, really seems like a waste of money to me to change everything

There are couple more open now. Check heartofontario.ca for details

• 3 weeks later...

Any one seen the rail line lately? Anyone know how much snow has? I see it is limited in one spot.

Any one seen the rail line lately? Anyone know how much snow has? I see it is limited in one spot.

Can always go to the forest with me this weekend. That railine will be toast, from high winds last night.

Everything I see on the Heart of Ontario site says the trails are closed (unavailable), and the OFSC site agrees - all closed. Am I reading it wrong?

I have a dusting on my yard, thats it.I am 1 km from trail

Everything I see on the Heart of Ontario site says the trails are closed (unavailable), and the OFSC site agrees - all closed. Am I reading it wrong?

Its more North by Kinmount

Unfortunately, we are closed right now. We did get about 15 cm last night in Pefferlaw but it was pretty fluffy.

Unfortunately, we are closed right now. We did get about 15 cm last night in Pefferlaw but it was pretty fluffy.

How is Lake Simcoe doing? Has it frozen completely over? If so, is it safe in the middle?

I am not knowledgeable about Lake Simcoe. Possibly OntarioF7 or ceyhoopers can chime in. I trust their opinion about the lake.

How is Lake Simcoe doing? Has it frozen completely over? If so, is it safe in the middle?

Here is what I know about Lake Simcoe. It is on the news every year with some sort of rescue or another. Personally I wouldn't trust it ever. JMO

Archived