wasted money again...

spence1215

Be pateint. Maybe the base isn't solid enough yet. Not all areas are able to be packed yet. Myself I have no doubt it will come.

Holly crap guys, it's only Jan 2nd... It's only been winter for 2 weeks.

It's going to snow...

Oh man Spence 1215. Have you checked the ODSC Website at all I would hit it up. Most likely They will have the railines open for the weekend.

Does it run through a swamp, trees down, large rocks?

We have around 2' of snow here and the trails are still not open. Lots of swamps and downed trees here slowing progress. Usually rail beds are on higher ground meaning water is not a problem so grooming can start sooner.

Maybe they are looking for a groomer operator to help get things rolling?

FIrst off you shouldn't be riding on our CLOSED trails! We have multiple swamps along 203 and over the past two years have burried our groomer along there trying to get out early and pack. I actually plan on going to pack 203 today but it will still remained closed until we can get our BR and packing pan through the swamps so we know they are safe. The rail line is going to be opened today so feel free to ride a freshly groomed trail :) Thanks for at least buying a ODSC permit!!!

FIrst off you shouldn't be riding on our CLOSED trails! We have multiple swamps along 203 and over the past two years have burried our groomer along there trying to get out early and pack. I actually plan on going to pack 203 today but it will still remained closed until we can get our BR and packing pan through the swamps so we know they are safe. The rail line is going to be opened today so feel free to ride a freshly groomed trail :) Thanks for at least buying a ODSC permit!!!

First off who said anything about riding the trail?

Maybe they are looking for a groomer operator to help get things rolling?

They had operators. But on years where it was slow certain guys hogged the hours leaving nothing for others. There are lots of people looking for work, they dont even put an ad on kijiji for it.

Shouldnt throw the whole club under the bus. The east and north sides doing a good job. Just oro seems to be bad the last three years.

we haven't had snow the last 2 yrs in oro,so that makes it tuff...usually odsc (when it snow) keeps oro in great shape...we just got 6'' of snow last nite & today...they will be out

WOW..

I'll say x2

Wow.Today the raillines are posted as limited.Awesome, I'll get a chance for a shake down ride.As for 203 we need at least a foot and a half minimum just to fill in the field behind Heidis let alone the swamp.It'll come.

Kerry

First off who said anything about riding the trail? If you read my post i said the trail hasnt been packed. if the club didnt abuse their landowners they wouldnt have trails in the swamp. I know many people who said no more trails on their property because of it. I have opened trails in the past and know what it takes. The br belongs on the other side of the lake bringing it across the bridge is pissing money away. Unhook the drag and head through the trail. I know the tractors dont brake steer with the drag on but when you unhook it they sure do. you guys spent a pile of money last year building a trail to get off the road and the groomer didnt go down it once just took the road around. And its not swamp.

And what snow do you suggest they should have groomed last year? Basically there wasn't any. Apart from that what do you call the club abusing landowners?

I have rode their trails when there was snow and never had any complaints about the conditions. Thank you to the volunteers that make and maintain the trails.

God I love it, when people join a Internet board and the first post they make is one like this. Not even a hi here who I am, nope just a big middle finger to the sport and system.

Hey spence1215, why don't you go post on one of the other sled boards, there is one out there that does nothing but bash the hardworking volunteers of the OFSC and never does anything to help the system out. I think you'd fit right in.

First off who said anything about riding the trail? If you read my post i said the trail hasnt been packed. if the club didnt abuse their landowners they wouldnt have trails in the swamp. I know many people who said no more trails on their property because of it. I have opened trails in the past and know what it takes. The br belongs on the other side of the lake bringing it across the bridge is pissing money away. Unhook the drag and head through the trail. I know the tractors dont brake steer with the drag on but when you unhook it they sure do. you guys spent a pile of money last year building a trail to get off the road and the groomer didnt go down it once just took the road around. And its not swamp.

What did the club do to lose permission? Why is there such a division in the club? Not trying to start an argument, just trying to understand the issues.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing? How does a club actually abuse a landowner??? They have a discussion about the sport, the need to run a trail or maintain a trail through a landowners property...deal out some logistics...sign the LUP, perhaps gate the property and usually, that's it. Perhaps touch base in the off season or pre season to ensure there are no problems and if there are, fix them.

I'm envisioning a club representative laying a beating on a landowner with a lake stake!

God I love it, when people join a Internet board and the first post they make is one like this. Not even a hi here who I am, nope just a big middle finger to the sport and system.

Hey spence1215, why don't you go post on one of the other sled boards, there is one out there that does nothing but bash the hardworking volunteers of the OFSC and never does anything to help the system out. I think you'd fit right in.

Ya a big middle finger to the sport eh? its ignorant people like you that will dwindle ths sport down to nothing. Your from belleville how the heck would you have any idea what goes on here in oro on trail 203. Maybe you have rode it once. Shows how bright you are posting a picture of yourself on a snowmobile website wearing a motorcycle helmet.

WOW..

WowX3

Thank you to all the voluteers in Orillia. When there is enough snow the trails are awesome.

WowX3

Thank you to all the voluteers in Orillia. When there is enough snow the trails are awesome.

i think a bigger WOW here is the guy not being able to voice his opinion, and then get his post deleted

I would like to hear what he has to say. If there is a problem that can be fixed let's hear it.

i think a bigger WOW here is the guy not being able to voice his opinion, and then get his post deleted

It looks like spence1215 was the one who removed it.

".

Edited by spence1215, Today, 09:54 AM"

Archived