Friday Storm

SkiDooStu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0603

10-15cm's a blizzard???? where is chicken little? the sky is falling, the sky is falling. LOL!

Ski

I don't care what they want to call it as long as it happens this time. Last two snow storms they called for in Haliburton we ended up getting rain.

this forecast is much better.... :holysheep::smil9::sorry::icon_special: :ItWasUST!:

ski

post-19738-0-58009400-1355882340_thumb.j

I'm glad some one is getting snow, 20-30mm of rain for us :(

I have been watching this forecast too, with my daughter driving from North Bay this weekend, but so far it looks like it will not be north of Lake Huron, just upper Michigan and some of Sault area, east of Lake Superior.....I will believe it when I see it on Friday ...it would be nice to have a white Christmas and use the Cat to pull the kids and grandchildren up the hill behind my place so they can tobbaggon down.

http://www.theweathe...eather/caon0603

10-15cm's a blizzard???? where is chicken little? the sky is falling, the sky is falling. LOL!

Ski

Hey you guys down there are calling it "Winter Storm Draco" :lol: gotta love The Weather Channel in the US for trying to get ratings up

I have been watching this forecast too, with my daughter driving from North Bay this weekend, but so far it looks like it will not be north of Lake Huron, just upper Michigan and some of Sault area, east of Lake Superior.....I will believe it when I see it on Friday ...it would be nice to have a white Christmas and use the Cat to pull the kids and grandchildren up the hill behind my place so they can tobbaggon down.

do you need a lift pass for that ?

the term "blizzard" is used when referring to wind with snow....not the amount of snow

From wiki....

To be a blizzard, a snow storm must have sustained winds or frequent gusts that are greater than or equal to 56 km/h (35 mph) with blowing or drifting snow which reduces visibility to 400 meters or a quarter mile or less and must last for a prolonged period of time — typically three hours or more. Snowfall amounts do not have to be significant.

Wildbill state "do you need a lift pass for that ? "

Well maybe I should charge for it, but it would come out of my own pocket :)

pic from my top meadow a couple winters ago, and looking up from my house to meadow after a snowfall

post-22163-0-88170600-1355923742_thumb.jpg

post-22163-0-77395000-1355945251_thumb.jpg

Nice tobbaggon run... if only we could get that snow.

I'm from the Sault. Yes, looks like much of NE Ontario will get this storm Thursday / Friday. Will be many smiling faces. Searchmont Ski Resort opens on Friday with perfect timing.

North-East of the Sault, there's 12" to 14" of packed snow in the highlands and the fresh powder will be nice addition.

I telephoned Aubrey Falls (Black Creek Outfitters) today, and they are reporting 10" of packed snow and welcome tomorrow's fresh powder.

We are sledding a full day on Friday.

I am not going to get all worked up about it till its n the ground

590x406_12191546_snowstorm1219.png

I'm liking that snowfall forecast. May not be hauling ATV north after Christmas after all.

590x406_12191546_snowstorm1219.png

I like the part where it says does not include lake effect!

Looking good

Looking good

8 cm is good, followed by rain next Tuesday. I will get the umbrella ready. Crappy Xmas present. Maybe we will get 50 cm in lake effect to get a base started.

Cant believe that forecast, but hopefully I'm wrong. I've heard mixed things about this storm, some say it will be a "brutal blast of winter" and others are saying that it will just be a routine 5cms total. It all depends where you are I guess. :snow-141: Fingers crossed.

The storm is just entering Sault Ste. Marie now. (Thursday 9:30 AM.) All local, regional and district School Buses were cancelled this morning in anticipation of this potential severe storm and the possibility of not getting the students home safely later today.

NEWS RELEASE ALGOMA & HURON SUPERIOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Due to the impending severe snow storm, all school transportation is cancelled today in the Sault Ste. Marie, Central Algoma and Northshoreareas for all boards.

This includes the Algoma District School Board, the Huron Superior Catholic District School Board, Nouvel Ontario French Catholic and Grand Nord French Public school boards.

We anticipate the storm to start this morning and transportation operators are concerned that road conditions may not allow for the safe return of students at the end of the day.

However, school remain open.

Going by the Weather Network radar map it shows snow in Haliburton area since about 10:30. Accurate as usual......nothing at all, not one flake except for the guy doing the forecast.

Archived