Season 12 13 Trail Conditions Updates

How's the trails holding up with this warm spell?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, trails were great, today so far its still -1, some rain, so far its looking okay. Will post more details as the weekend goes on.

Sounds promising! Thanks

Ok Thanks. Will be up there in a weeks time, hopefully....

Any news on the trails in eastern ontario. My wife and I were planning to head to Renfrew next weekend to stay at the inlaws for the week and sled from there. How are things looking?

Wow, not sure if its as mild up there as it is here at home ,but most of the snow went bye bye today and thats only a couple hours north from me at the most.. Was planning on taking in the poker run next weekend, if there is one still

The temperature got to 3 about 2pm today, some rain, but things should be okay as the temp is back down to 1 now & turning cold. We need some cold & snow for lubrication, will give a more detail update when we venture out on the trails in the next couple of days.

Anybody know how things held up around Brockville, Smiths Falls, Perth, Kemptville???? Was hoping on making a trip there on the weekend with some guys.

Anybody know how things held up around Brockville, Smiths Falls, Perth, Kemptville???? Was hoping on making a trip there on the weekend with some guys.

Base should remain. All of your buds will probabily need studs, if no new snow arrives.

I'm only 15 min east of Brockville , and we got Lots of rain yesterday. Also the trails had not been groomed in this area previously. Lots of water around, creek opened right up and running beside my house. Not sure about Osgoode area or Perth.

Its closed for now.

I see Renfrew , Pembroke , and Petawawa are still green on the interactive map. Should they still be? Was disappointed to see the far east go red. I heard they had nearly 4 ft of snow around Cornwall.

I can't decide if I should put off my holidays from next week that I have booked to February. Trails still show limited from Renfrew north along the river. It's always a roll of the dice. If I put them off until Feb they may not even be limited. Any feed back on that area would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance

I can't decide if I should put off my holidays from next week that I have booked to February. Trails still show limited from Renfrew north along the river. It's always a roll of the dice. If I put them off until Feb they may not even be limited. Any feed back on that area would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance

Going to be tough to be back to good conditions in a week. Feb is looking good. I am hoping to go on the 26th and that could be sketchy.

Trails have survived the January thaw, got a light dusting of snow last night & today. My better half was out & put on about 70kms & said that the trails were good. Another friend was down in the bronson area (131, 132, 134), the ice on the water hole on the 134 is not very thick. Here's a couple pictures from today.

post-21258-0-82990900-1358283850_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-07621900-1358283869_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-67196200-1358283889_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-20806800-1358283914_thumb.jpg

Trails are in great shape, we just got 6 inches of new snow last night & its still snowing. Should be a great weekend for sledding!

Do you guys maintain any of the trail from Whitney to Haliburton?

Do you guys maintain any of the trail from Whitney to Haliburton?

Nope that is hcsa trail and maple leaf riders closer to whitney I believe.

Ok, is there any chance you know how the snow is?

Ok, is there any chance you know how the snow is?

I know the snow is good to eagle lake though. The club is probabily grooming up there now. I am hoping it will open on Friday.

NRSA is from about 6kms east of Chalk River to about 8kms west of Rolphton. All trails are in great shape, as well the Missing Link club (west of us) are in great shape as well. Lots of great riding on both of these clubs local trails. NRSA has 3 map box locations so you can get a local map: A-Trail & A101Q intersection, A-trail Bulletin Board Deep RIver & Club trail 136 & 131 intesection, or go to www.nrsa under the about tab is the printable map.

I was out yesterday & trails were super! The groomer was out last night doing the complete A-trail. Tonight it will be heading A-trail east. Should be an awesome weekend for sledding! A big thank you to our volunteer groomer operators for an awesome job all season!

Archived