NO Trails West of Dubreuilville this winter, District 16 Closed.

The Groomer Guy

It is the 4 percent fee for the credit card transaction. Our club here in the south has to

pay ofsc 8 bucks per online permit sale that is charged to a credit card, which leaves us with 4

bucks of revenue for the club. The rest goes to

the district head office (where the permit is sold)and eventually to ofsc.

head office.

Could you explain your statement a bit more please, I think there is some misunderstanding happening.

$5 for 1 permit or $7 for 2 or more is charged to the club from on online sale

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone like me who lives in Roseville Ontario, I'd like to buy from the New Dundee club. To support local. But i also rode last year all in District 15. So i want to support them also. And also ride in the Barrie-Orillia area, due to a family cottage on Simcoe in Orillia. So theres my dilemma..

For someone like me who lives in Roseville Ontario, I'd like to buy from the New Dundee club. To support local. But i also rode last year all in District 15. So i want to support them also. And also ride in the Barrie-Orillia

area, due to a family cottage on Simcoe in

Orillia. So theres my dilemma..

I have the same issue. Can't buy ever where you ride. Clubs only get 12 bucks anyway's. So for a

club like new Dundee that sells a few hundred

permits, doesn't matter that much.

I have the same issue. Can't buy ever where you ride. Clubs only get 12 bucks anyway's. So for a

club like new Dundee that sells a few hundred

permits, doesn't matter that much.

You keep referring to this $12. Where are you getting this figure?

As I posted earlier, the permit buying entity (club, or association) is assigned a purchase price per permit based upon the matrix. The difference between the permit price ($210 or $260) and the buying entity's price is what stays with the buying entity! That is the primary funding for the entity. This revenue is not only important, it is CRITICAL to the clubs.

Please do not spread false information as it hurts everyone.

To IQTurbo, I understand that it is a difficult decision as all of the areas that you ride do need your revenue. I am faced with the same dilemma.

I don't know if you have the time to volunteer, or if you already do, so this is not meant to be a critique. However, maybe a solution to your dilemma might be to consider the time that you spend helping a local club as your contribution to that club and then help a remote club with your permit? Just a suggestion? :wtf:

I think this is coming from the fact that the New Dundee club he refers to is part of a grooming association. For every permit the club sells it gets to keep $12 to operate the club. The grooming association gets the balance of the permit selling price and remits the OFSC's share back to the OFSC based on the matrix calculation. The grooming association pays for the grooming costs, stakes , signs etc.

Good explanation, NVS.

Thanks.

I think this is coming from the fact that the New Dundee club he refers to is part of a grooming association. For every permit the club sells it gets to keep $12 to operate the club. The grooming association gets the balance of the permit selling price and remits the OFSC's share back to the OFSC based on the matrix calculation. The grooming association pays for the grooming costs, stakes , signs etc.

Thanks for clarifying. But I am sure that the club still needs the permit sales to fund the grooming association.

The Grooming association NDSC along with 11 other clubs has been doing this long before the OFSC came around...we are a stand alone association that works plain and simple....yes we have all new equipment etc and $$$ in the bank... may be its time the OFSC (palace) needs to look outside the box and NOT just the $$$ that is sitting in D5 along with some other districts....yes my club operates on roughly $12 a permit and we sell 250 a year....yes we dont have to paid for OFSC signage or stakes along with grooming but all other bills are the clubs....so we operate on roughly 3K a year, out of that we gave a little thankyou to our landowner's and any other expensies that occur IE crop damage etc...was out and around visiting some of our landowner's last weekend and we will have a big hit come this yr with all the winter wheat we have to deal with....BTW who has moved there groomers around the province to help other clubs when they are in need and we were having a so so winter down here....I read some comments from different forums last yr when we moved a groomer up to Cochrane....Its a sad world we live in thats all I will say....like in my signature....United we Stand Divided we will Fall.

As I posted earlier, the permit buying entity (club, or association) is assigned a purchase price per permit based upon the matrix. The difference between the permit price ($210 or $260) and the buying entity's price is what stays with the buying entity! That is the primary funding for the entity. This revenue is not only important, it is CRITICAL to the clubs.

Please do not spread false information as it hurts everyone.

To IQTurbo, I understand that it is a difficult decision as all of the areas that you ride do need your revenue. I am faced with the same dilemma.

I don't know if you have the time to volunteer, or if you already do, so this is not meant to be a critique. However, maybe a solution to your dilemma might be to consider the time that you spend helping a local club as your contribution to that club and then help a remote club with your permit? Just a suggestion? :wtf:

I hear you SJ. And i totally agree, just wish there was more of me and $$ to go around..

The Grooming association NDSC along with 11 other clubs has been doing this long before the OFSC came around...we are a stand alone association that works plain and simple....yes we have all new equipment etc and $$$ in the bank... may be its time the OFSC (palace) needs to look outside the box and NOT just the $$$ that is sitting in D5 along with some other districts....yes my club operates on roughly $12 a permit and we sell 250 a year....yes we dont have to paid for OFSC signage or stakes along with grooming but all other bills are the clubs....so we operate on roughly 3K a year, out of that we gave a little thankyou to our landowner's and any other expensies that occur IE crop damage etc...was out and around visiting some of our landowner's last weekend and we will have a big hit come this yr with all the winter wheat we have to deal with....BTW who has moved there groomers around the province to help other clubs when they are in need and we were having a so so winter down here....I read some comments from different forums last yr when we moved a groomer up to Cochrane....Its a sad world we live in thats all I will say....like in my signature....United we Stand Divided we will Fall.

I have to agree Lep. When is the NDSC doing trail work? Id like to come out and help this season if i could? And would i need a atv?

Could you explain your statement a bit more please, I think there is some misunderstanding happening.

$5 for 1 permit or $7 for 2 or more is charged to the club from on online sale

he tends to pull numbers out of thin air many times

Luc,

Why did the OPP close the road into D'ville tonight? More rain?

http://www.sootoday....ils.asp?c=49228

Edit: Checked Luc's blog and there's pictures of snow! Wow.

Luc's first ride! Oct 31!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Luc's first ride! Oct 31!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Me too... we had no electricity, so why not go for a blast? No pics of the ride, but check out my "walk-out" fridge

post-20071-0-03998000-1351877995_thumb.jpg

I like your idea's, but there is no easy fix. Reality is people have to buy permits and help thier local club. Taking away and stop grooming the trails for a season, isn't fair to snowmobilers that have always paid there fair share and supported the system. Have to get the free loaders to buy permits. I think we need larger fines and more enforcement, especially in the north.

snapback.png02Sled, on 29 October 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Buy online before Dec. 1 and there isn't an additional fee this year. I too am torn. While in another thread I suggested as a devils advocate only what would happen if the north didn't groom any trails for a year of good snow. Perhaps the

locals would realize what they have lost and buy

permits again. I have also heard that some clubs

are just flowing in cash while others are

struggling which isn't right. No silver bullet but

there does need to be an overhaul. Perhaps all

permit revenue goes into a single bucket. Each

club gets groomer hours funding based on the

km of trails with a minimum of twice per week

and a multiplier for frequency based on permits

for that area as a representation of the traffic

volumes. Funding for trail improvements is

applied for and allocated based on merit. A

scoring matrix could be created to rank the

applications on merit.

I agree with both of these posts. There has to be a better way. We can NOT afford to lose the trails in Wawa or Dube. I will be buying a permit from one of those areas also. The other permit I will buy from my club of course. Thanks for the info

snapback.png02Sled, on 29 October 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Buy online before Dec. 1 and there isn't an additional fee this year. I too am torn. While in another thread I suggested as a devils advocate only what would happen if the north didn't groom any trails for a year of good snow. Perhaps the

locals would realize what they have lost and buy

permits again. I have also heard that some clubs

are just flowing in cash while others are

struggling which isn't right. No silver bullet but

there does need to be an overhaul. Perhaps all

permit revenue goes into a single bucket. Each

club gets groomer hours funding based on the

km of trails with a minimum of twice per week

and a multiplier for frequency based on permits

for that area as a representation of the traffic

volumes. Funding for trail improvements is

applied for and allocated based on merit. A

scoring matrix could be created to rank the

applications on merit.

I agree with both of these posts. There has to be a better way. We can NOT afford to lose the trails in Wawa or Dube. I will be buying a permit from one of those areas also. The other permit I will buy from my club of course. Thanks for the info

This means more paperwork and assorted crap for the volunteers. This will accelerate volunteer burnout as we have way too much paper already.

• 4 weeks later...

bought mine today (2), to support dubreuilville and surrounding area. guys, if you are buying two or more, please think about ordering one from wawa and or dubreuilville. if they dont sell the minimum required..... this may be the next region to lose ofsc sanctioning.

Bridgitte is very fast at paperwork and mailing, mine will go out monday, and i will have them here at home in michigan by the end to the week. safe, fast, painless. call 705-884-1435

or call toll free, Gord, or Russ Jones @ Jones powersports in wawa at 1-888-837-2344, or if you want to save them the phone fees, call (705) 856-7576

Ski

Ordered two via OFSC.on.ca (or something like that) today as well.

Dang - that Cha-Ching clangs a LOT louder than it used to!

$100 US use'ta buy a tag.

Rang to nearly $450 for a pr today. :-o

bought mine today (2), to support dubreuilville and surrounding area. guys, if you are buying two or more, please think about ordering one from wawa and or dubreuilville. if they dont sell the minimum required..... this may be the next region to lose ofsc sanctioning.

Bridgitte is very fast at paperwork and mailing, mine will go out monday, and i will have them here at home in michigan by the end to the week. safe, fast, painless. call 705-884-1435

or call toll free, Gord, or Russ Jones @ Jones powersports in wawa at 1-888-837-2344, or if you want to save them the phone fees, call (705) 856-7576

Ski

If you call direct, you will save $20 on the 1st permit and more on each of the following. I bought 4 permits from Dub yesterday and no extra charges. Total was $840 ! They are $210 each and still available tomorrow.

Call Dub or Wawa direct and help them get the minimum of 50 permits sold to keep the club going!

They will get them to you for less and faster than those from the OFSC website!

Scott

They are cheaper if we bother the club folk?

Good grief ... any other time it is cheaper if we buy online!

And I usually hate buying online!

I clicked on Wawa, they had BETTER get the credit for it!

If not - tell me now so that I call in next year!

:angry:

Gordy - just how many folk ever rode the NOS loop anyway?

Sure, if it was open it was a great ride! But heck, in the last 15 yrs, just how many weeks have they had their trails "open"?

AFAIK they were always the last to open anything, and likely for good reason as last I was through there (a coons age) they had a LOT of water to cross...

But still, the point is still the same - 99% of the folks would ride to Hearst and east. Which happens to be the most reliable snow as well... Even when the trails west were open - how many headed that way doo you think?

I think they promote the online thing so the money goes direct to the ofsc instead of the club. More $ in their bank quicker instead of the clubs. I'm not sure if there is any way to tell if we get the money intended for us or not?

Hopefully we sold a ton online.

Ya not many rode the west trails and I understand the closures. It just suck that they make it sound like we're closed too.

I think they promote the online thing so the money goes direct to the ofsc instead of the club. More $ in their bank quicker instead of the clubs. I'm not sure if there is any way to tell if we get the money intended for us or not?

Hopefully we sold a ton online.

Ya not many rode the west trails and I understand the closures. It just suck that they make it sound like we're closed too.

They promote the on line purchase because it's convenient for our customers Period.

Whatever club you say on your order gets your money. Every club gets a list of permits that were sold in their name.

God I love how some people have to immediately knock any thing that is new or different. Some people think the OFSC is only there to screw the clubs. In reality if they weren't there half the clubs in the province would be gone. Lighten up folks.

Archived