NO Trails West of Dubreuilville this winter, District 16 Closed.

The Groomer Guy

people have been sending me emails about planing trips in the area, some want to head west but there wont be trails this winter west of us because District 16 is closed. I don't want people to plan trips and end up disapointed that the trails are closed.

I posted on blog about this, saves from doing it multiples times, One spot for everyone to see. Le'ts hope they find a solution to this problem.

heres the post on my blog http://groomerguy.blogspot.ca/2012/10/no-ofsc-top-trails-west-of.html

Just want the people to know... not trying to stir the pot or cause trouble.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some great pics in this blog. Thanks for posting.

Good point regarding the 50 permit req't. It's been easy to buy permits from you in the past and I'll make this year's purchase soon.

There's some great pics in this blog. Thanks for posting.

Good point regarding the 50 permit req't. It's been easy to buy permits from you in the past and I'll make this year's purchase soon.

Thanks John, Wish my writing skills where better, I realy like to share info with snowmobilers, help out people.....

Thanks GG !

What's the latest update on District 13? They did not have a booth at the show this year and some parts of their website were not up to date when I checked on the weekend. Any news you can share with us ?

Thanks GG !

What's the latest update on District 13? They did not have a booth at the show this year and some parts of their website were not up to date when I checked on the weekend. Any news you can share with us ?

Would also be interested in this information GG- how many permits does your club and the Wawa club sold / need so far?

Thanks GG !

Would also be interested in this information GG- how many permits does your club and the Wawa club sold / need so far?

Am interested also..

It's not looking good... Our district might be the next one, we don't have our district general manager anymore, we could not pay him anymore. WE have one partime lady but shes not working much lately.... it's grim guys I talked to our district president and the way he sounds the is not much future for our district.... I firgure if we sell a good amount of permit my club could stay open as we are lucky to have 2 district on bothsides of us District 15 North and District 14 to the east, we could still run out top trail and some loops. if we fall the Northern loop is done. So far I think we sold one or 2 permits at the Show last weekend. other than that I dont think we have more.

It's not looking good... Our district might be the next one, we don't have our district general manager anymore, we could not pay him anymore. WE have one partime lady but shes not working much lately.... it's grim guys I talked to our district president and the way he sounds the is not much future for our district.... I firgure if we sell a good amount of permit my club could stay open as we are lucky to have 2 district on bothsides of us District 15 North and District 14 to the east, we could still run out top trail and some loops. if we fall the Northern loop is done. So far I think we sold one or 2 permits at the Show last weekend. other than that I dont think we have more.

Thanks for the info. Will try and figure out this online purchase thingy. Any word on the Wawa club?

The whole northern trail system thing is looking pretty bleak. Our disctrict is dying due to lack of funding and snow south of us. Hopefully Wawa and Dubreuilville can survive even if the rest of our district does go down. Snow has been good here and hopefully stays that way.

We are hoping to have as much or more trails than last season open in our system. There seem to be more people staying local, exploring and riding wawa and dubreuilville trails and backcountty for a few days.

If anyone wants to come up and help clear some trails before it snows let me know.

As I have said previously in a thread I started in this forum; there needs to be a different philosophy about snowmobiling in Ontario. What exactly is important: The sale of permits and the concentration of riders or the integrity of the system? We have seen it all over Ontario over the past 10 years, last year 1/2 way closed this year Gogama is responsible for Shining Tree trails. We lost a trail last year and a number the year before. What do you think is in store for the future? I'm here, outside of Buffalo, all I can offer is to come down and use my money and do these sort of things. I have contacted OFSC ona number of occassions and, from my perspective, the opinion is "no one cares". Todays rider would rather not trailer to where the riding is, they prefer to just ride from where they are. Just like today's workers - just plain lazy. Yes, I'm pissed about the whole matter.

No kidding this sucks. After riding in the area alot last season, i would really hate to see things go this way. I cannot belive i am even thinking this way, but if we loose the Dub and Wawa area, then what about District 15. If all that goes, i am having very very premature thoughts of getting out of the sport. The OFSC needs to address this situtation NOW. Yes the trails and riding are great in the South, but man oh man, if theres another winter like this past season, how can the OFSC let the Northern Districts fall..

GG do we buy Trail Permits from your website?

The OFSC website - buy permits online:

https://ofsconlinepermits.ca/

There is a drop down box for the clubs in various districts. D'ville and Wawa are in district 13.

You need your VIN, Year, Make, Model, and your Sled License Number

(and probably a credit card - have to get my sled info this weekend so haven't got past the above stuff on the form yet)

Or buy Direct:

Dubreuilville Alouettes P. O. Box 70 Dubreuilville, ON P0S 1B0 Phone: (705) 884-1435 Fax: (705) 884-1437 Web Address: http://www.dubreuilville.ca

Notes: Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08h00 - 18h00, Saturday & Sunday 12h00 - 16h00 pavillon@dubreuilville.ca

WAWA SNOW RIDERS - PERMIT SALES

Phone Toll Free! 1-800-367-9292 ext 260

Thank You for Supporting Wawa Sno-Riders!

Wawa's Trail Permit Outlets

The Pro Shop (Michipicoten Community Centre) 800-367-9292 ext 260 Jones Power Sports Wawa Motor Inn

Wawa Rent-All

OR SEND A PM TO GROOMER GUY, FINNDIAN OR BIG REG ON THIS SITE AND THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR PERMIT PURCHASE

Please be aware that telephone and internet infrastructures may be down or limited in these areas currently due to the flooding, so you may not get a response immediately.

Hopefully GG or Finndian will post on here when the infrastructure is back up.

I'm very torn to sign up on line for my permit and buy a district 13 one. Haven't ridden that far north in years - but would like to support.

Problem is my district (9) didn't open up ANY trails out if Kincardine due to lack of snow... I'm afraid alot if people won't be sledding this year around here - so I need to support my local district with numbers.

If I live the the MSR area, I'd buy for district 13 for sure.

Sorry.

Buy direct from the club of your choosing. Last year, OFSC wanted $20 to send the permits to me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm here in the States or if it's their online fee.

Bought mine from the Longlac Club, they without any additonal fees.

Buy direct from the club of your choosing. Last year, OFSC wanted $20 to send the permits to me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm here in the States or if it's their online fee.

That is because the club now has to pay the shipping fee.

But 20.00 for a .50 stamp? really???? Ski

But 20.00 for a .50 stamp? really???? Ski

It is the 4 percent fee for the credit card transaction. Our club here in the south has to

pay ofsc 8 bucks per online permit sale that is charged to a credit card, which leaves us with 4

bucks of revenue for the club. The rest goes to

the district head office (where the permit is sold)and eventually to ofsc.

head office.

For sure ! Avoid the weird shipping/transaction fees - buy direct from the club of your choosing and add 10 bucks on top as a direct donation to their trails.

win/win !

Buy online before Dec. 1 and there isn't an additional fee this year. I too am torn. While in another thread I suggested as a devils advocate only what would happen if the north didn't groom any trails for a year of good snow. Perhaps the locals would realize what they have lost and buy permits again. I have also heard that some clubs are just flowing in cash while others are struggling which isn't right. No silver bullet but there does need to be an overhaul. Perhaps all permit revenue goes into a single bucket. Each club gets groomer hours funding based on the km of trails with a minimum of twice per week and a multiplier for frequency based on permits for that area as a representation of the traffic volumes. Funding for trail improvements is applied for and allocated based on merit. A scoring matrix could be created to rank the applications on merit.

Buy online before Dec. 1 and there isn't an additional fee this year. I too am torn. While in another thread I suggested as a devils advocate only what would happen if the north didn't groom any trails for a year of good snow. Perhaps the

locals would realize what they have lost and buy

permits again. I have also heard that some clubs

are just flowing in cash while others are

struggling which isn't right. No silver bullet but

there does need to be an overhaul. Perhaps all

permit revenue goes into a single bucket. Each

club gets groomer hours funding based on the

km of trails with a minimum of twice per week

and a multiplier for frequency based on permits

for that area as a representation of the traffic

volumes. Funding for trail improvements is

applied for and allocated based on merit. A

scoring matrix could be created to rank the

applications on merit.

I like your idea's, but there is no easy fix. Reality is people have to buy permits and help thier local club. Taking away and stop grooming the trails for a season, isn't fair to snowmobilers that have always paid there fair share and supported the system. Have to get the free loaders to buy permits. I think we need larger fines and more enforcement, especially in the north.

Archived