Toronto Snowmobile/ATV Show (2012)

Canuck

In the alternative she is more than welcome to attend private sessions at 'Breaking Winds', on the shores of Kahshe Lake near the junction of "D" trails and Snowcrest #4. I would be very interested in having her join my Zumba session too ! ;)

Better keep a low profile, you don't want to make the national news:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/09/prostitution-scandal-at-zumba-dance-studio-rocks-maine-tourist-town/

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-somewhere on this forum someone commented that Edgewater Lodge in Kearney didn't have wi/fi and curious I asked the someone at their booth about it, as this place had good reviews last year. Was told they do have wi/fi but don't advertise it to keep 'natural' or something? Hmmm. I guess you ahve to ask when you get there. Seems de rigueur to me these days.

As of last year, they had wifi but it was pretty much limited to the restaurant and close by. I could not get a signal in either the motel units or the cabin. Hopefully they have improved that over the summer

I'm starting to consider internet access fairly essential for safety and weather reasons, particularly in an area you don't know well. If the cost of broadband is the problem, I'd be willing to pay a few extra bucks to get up to the minute forecasts, check changing conditions or forum updates.

Last year, for instance, due to a post I looked at before I went out, knew that a groomer was broken down right on C101 which made for lousy conditions on that trail. Had I been coming from say, Kearney, and using that trail as the end of a loop, would have been pissed to know info was there, but couldn't access it. I guess you have to vote with your feet on some things.

I would suggest that MRS. SLOMO enroll in a Town of Gravenhurst Shopping Bag Re-folding progarm as described in the Town Fall/Winter Recreation Guide.

In the alternative she is more than welcome to attend private sessions at 'Breaking Winds', on the shores of Kahshe Lake near the junction of "D" trails and Snowcrest #4. I would be very interested in having her join my Zumba session too ! ;)

I love your Zumba classes. You look so sexy; just like Richard Simmons...I could just squeeze you

I'm starting to consider internet access fairly essential for safety and weather reasons, particularly in an area you don't know well. If the cost of broadband is the problem, I'd be willing to pay a few extra bucks to get up to the minute forecasts, check changing conditions or forum updates.

Last year, for instance, due to a post I looked at before I went out, knew that a groomer was broken down right on C101 which made for lousy conditions on that trail. Had I been coming from say, Kearney, and using that trail as the end of a loop, would have been pissed to know info was there, but couldn't access it. I guess you have to vote with your feet on some things.

BlackBerry and playbook. Easy Internet access.

Better keep a low profile, you don't want to make the national news:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/09/prostitution-scandal-at-zumba-dance-studio-rocks-maine-tourist-town/

Again?

Rules are you can't just say you got a new trailer without the details... what did you get?

Sorry, away for a few days. I decided on the R&R ARC12 crossover enclosed trailer with beaver tail drop down rear ramp. Looking forward to going from an open utility trailer to a nice new enclosed unit. No more wrestling with frozen covers with numb fingers!! Looked hard at the Triton TC11 but I like the shallower ramp of the ARC12 and price was better. Should be picking it up next weekend from Northport Trailer Sales in Port Perry.

BlackBerry and playbook. Easy Internet access.

Cell and wireless not available in the area in any company, way, shape or form Same for the corridor from Hwy 11 to Hwy 69 through the Port Loring area and other places south of North Bay. So it helps if your 'base camp' has wifi internet.

I also like the Blackberry and Playbook combo. One data plan--the Playbook bridges data from Blackberry. Never could figure out why Apple forces you into 2 data plans.

(And agree with Slomo that wireless, esp Rogers, is brutal in northern Ontario)

(And agree with Slomo that wireless, esp Rogers, is brutal in northern Ontario)

I agree emphatically with that as well, Canuck. Rogers' service in northern Ontario is shamefully abysmal, compared to Bell.

On our last two tours in northern Ontario, once we got a short distance away from either of the major highway corridors, or the cities of Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins or North Bay, my Rogers BlackBerry was good for absolutely nothing but a paperweight...whereas my wife's ancient Samsung cell phone on the Bell network could get reception virtually everywhere we went.

Sorry, away for a few days. I decided on the R&R ARC12 crossover enclosed trailer with beaver tail drop down rear ramp. Looking forward to going from an open utility trailer to a nice new enclosed unit. No more wrestling with frozen covers with numb fingers!! Looked hard at the Triton TC11 but I like the shallower ramp of the ARC12 and price was better. Should be picking it up next weekend from Northport Trailer Sales in Port Perry.

Nice move up. I saw that trailer at the show. I looked at them real close when I bought mine last spring. I ended up with a Blizzard Sno Squall. I wasn't too sure about the beaver tail for me. Either way both are good products. I am sure you will love being able to just drive on and close the ramp.

You can set your Apple Iphone to mobile wifi hotspot as a single plan as well. It works on newer phones.

The Playbook is so small its nice to carry. Funny that Ipad brought out the mini when they criticised RIM for the small size of the playbook.

You can set your Apple Iphone to mobile wifi hotspot as a single plan as well. It works on newer phones.

The Playbook is so small its nice to carry. Funny that Ipad brought out the mini when they criticised RIM for the small size of the playbook.

Interesting now that Apple has brought out their mini it is being touted in the media as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Two years after the others, twice as expensive and still lacking a number of features of the others.

Been tethering iPhone to laptop for several years now for 3G internet.

iPhone 5 on order looking forward to LTE (4G) this winter. .

Originally Rogers wouldn't permit this tethering without a seperate plan (not sure about now) but Bell was fine with it.

Have a PB but it wouldn't hookup with anything but a BB so was useless for tethering for me.

Loved the PB originally, but that wore off. Sick of restoring the thing due to freeze ups and no browser access.

No wonder they come with cereal now.

All this fancy tethering talk......Just to emphasize here - there are plenty of places where we sled that NO cell reception is available by any company - which is why I am baffled by a lodge or accomodation that has wi / fi but withholds it from customers. Return to your tethering....

Archived