Abitibi Canyon

jigger

Drove up to the Canyon today. First time being up there so we figured we would haul our sleds up so we could have more energy for the hills. There is a ton of snow in the canyon right now. We had first tracks all day. A couple of roll overs but the only casualty was 6 plastic windshield screws. There was at least 60 sleds doing the loop today but we never saw any one in the hills. Here's some photos. There's more at

How much topography like that is on the hydro lines there?

We drove to Fraserdale once and I took the train to Moosonee before and other than a big hole I never saw anything other than flat that I can remember. ??? (It's all been 10 or more yrs ago tho.)

I know the "Deep Snow Diggers" like to play there too - but the stuff on their vid didn't look very big. FUN - but not very big at all.

???

Side note my buddy's just bought his sled in the states and the clutching is step-up for 5000-7000 feet. He keeps hitting the rev limiter and loses a ton of power. Parts on order to fix problem but still wanted to play in the hills.

This spot is on the west side of the river. The OFSC trail is the first right after the bridge if your coming from the Extreme tours trailer. Drive the trail for half a Kilometer and turn onto to the transmission lines on you right. We did 7.2 KM total but what the guy at Extreme tours told us it's 8 miles long. Some pretty big hills in there when your breaking trail.

It asks fer a passwerd to see the photo account. ???

Thanks for the info tho! Hafta try it one day!

Doesn't look to have hardly any land mines! 8-)

Type in password "Canyon" thats with a cap C and it should work

I see now that you mentioned that in your first post had I read a wee bit further. :oops:

(Or did you edit that in? :confused: )

Cooke City too eh? 8-)

Looks like you went down the Missinabbi too.

OxOutOfGasDaisy.jpg

CookeApril02.jpg

Those shots of cook city are from a buddy. I was supposed to go this year but my schedule didn't work out. The river shots are from the Ground hog River Fauquier to the Kapuskasing River back down. About 200 km trip from my front door.

Archived