Gas Station Closures & Openings

revrnd

I was told by a person involved w/ the Old Hastings club that the gas station in Coe Hill has closed. A relative was by today & the windows were papered over & a big for sale sign up.

thanks revrnd

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carnarvon Esso corner highway 35 and 118

Was by on Sunday no gas,pumps off,

This place has history of this past couple of years.

That's too bad. If it was the same couple owning the place in Coe Hill they were seriously trying to make a go of the place. I remember he groomed the trials in the area as well.

no surprise if they closed again. Needs a total overhaul after the old owner ran it to the ground.

no surprise if they closed again. Needs a total overhaul after the old owner ran it to the ground.

quimby hated this place with good reason

Very true

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11252-the-no-gas-station-in-carnarvon/?hl=carnarvon

This should be pinned. Great resource.

No kinmount but we still have minden. Fenlon bobcaygeon haliburton Wilberforce harcourt crystal lake marina anstruther lake marina flynns corners all have available fuels for us travling the area

I was told by a person involved w/ the Old Hastings club that the gas station in Coe Hill has closed. A relative was by today & the windows were papered over & a big for sale sign up.

Damn another one bits the dust.

And another in district 6

Shell in West Guilford has stopped selling gas

And another in district 6

Shell in West Guilford has stopped selling gas

I checked this morning. The signs on the pumps said "closed". Not sure if that means no gas or the business is closed. (sign in door also said closed).

Sleds were filling up at the ESSO in Canarvon

I checked this morning. The signs on the pumps said "closed". Not sure if that means no gas or the business is closed. (sign in door also said closed).

Sleds were filling up at the ESSO in Canarvon

would not be much point in it being open if it could not pump gas 

would not be much point in it being open if it could not pump gas 

It looks like it's a repair shop too. Several vehicles parked in the yard.

In Harcourt, the gas station is open, but the restaurant (Algonquin Cookhouse) is closed.

TSSA at your service Key river gas shut down no gas north of Britt until  ??? Noelville maybe not sure 

When I was thru Noelville in Oct', there were 2 gas stations in operation.

No gas (yet) at Cedar Village Marina (Pickerel River). Without snow, they're not pumping yet. (705) 857-2522.They may be selling gas later in the season.

Rich at Owl's Nest Lodge has been providing great local information on that area for years. Maybe he has updates on the region. We fuel north of there in Estaire (Congo).

• 1 month later...

Updated the initial Combermere post.

I was up to the eastern portion of Algonquin on the weekend (now closed due to forest fires) & saw 3 stations that were gone.

Combermere - the Axiom station on CR 62 just north of Hwy 515 is gone, pumps removed. The pumps are gone from the gas station west of town as of Feb' 2015.

Barry's Bay - the Shell that was run by the old witch is closed. There is an Esso @ the 3 way stop (Hwy 60/CR 62). 

Bonnechere - the Axiom station there on CR 58 is closed. The Stinson across the road is still open.

There is a new Shell station on CR 62 in Barry's Bay on the north side of the Pinewood Motel. Also east of Barry's Bay, there is an Ultramar on CR 62, I'm not sure if it is accessible from the snowmobile trail/railbed.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the old Esso/Adriannes south of Huntsville has new tanks installed and a new canopy is going up.Has new bases installed for pumps.Do not know when it is going to open.

Looks like the old Esso/Adriannes south of Huntsville has new tanks installed and a new canopy is going up.Has new bases installed for pumps.Do not know when it is going to open.

I was told they are trying to open within the next month. It will certainly make fueling the sleds a lot easier next winter having a gas station right on the trail that close to home.

That Esso was very convenient. Great to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the status of Mochulla's (Stinson gas) in Whitney? It was closed when we drove by on Friday afternoon. Pumps weren't tarped over. I've never had to get gas but it is an alternative to the gas station beside the bridge in town.

Archived