Snowcrest Riders Spring Events

2bsledding

Snowcrest Riders Snowmobile Club: Annual General Meeting

Snowcrest Riders Snowmobile Club will be holding it's Annual General Meeting on Saturday June 2, 2012 starting at 11:00am at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Muskoka Wharf) 285 Steamship Bay Rd. Gravenhurst.

All Snowcrest Riders 2012 Permit (seasonal & classic) permit holders are welcome to attend.

Some very exciting news will be announced, as well as positions to be filled on our Board of Directors as some longtime serving Directors may be retiring. We encourage those that care about the community and snowmobiling in Gravenhurst come on board and fill vacant positions on our Board. This is an opportunity to get involved with a voice for the betterment of our Community and Snowmobiling in the Gravenhurst area.

To ensure adequate seating and refreshments, Please RSVP to snowcrest@vianet.ca or call (705) 687-7921 by Thursday May 24, 2012.

Snowcrest Riders Annual Golf Tournament

On June 15, 2012 at Lake St. George Golf Course, registration begins at 11:00, tee off at 1pm. Cost $125.00 per person includes a light lunch, 18 holes of golf, golf cart, and a delicious steak dinner. Prizes, putting contest, draws and there will be snowmobiles up for grabs for a hole-in-one at 4 of the par threes. There will also be prizes for longest drives and closest to the pin. Please RSVP by June 11, 2012, pre-registration is strongly urged, registration forms are on our website www.snowcrestriders.com.

Way to get the word out.

I've received emails from your Facebook link, this Forum notice, and I'll bet the information is being conveyed in other ways - for both events.

Well done.

• 4 weeks later...

Snowcrest Riders Snowmobile Club will be holding it's Annual General Meeting on Saturday June 2, 2012 starting at 11:00am at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Muskoka Wharf) 285 Steamship Bay Rd. Gravenhurst.

All Snowcrest Riders 2012 Permit (seasonal & classic) permit holders are welcome to attend.

Some very exciting news will be announced, as well as positions to be filled on our Board of Directors as some longtime serving Directors may be retiring. We encourage those that care about the community and snowmobiling in Gravenhurst come on board and fill vacant positions on our Board. This is an opportunity to get involved with a voice for the betterment of our Community and Snowmobiling in the Gravenhurst area.

To ensure adequate seating and refreshments, Please RSVP to snowcrest@vianet.ca or call (705) 687-7921 by Thursday May 24, 2012.

On June 15, 2012 at Lake St. George Golf Course, registration begins at 11:00, tee off at 1pm. Cost $125.00 per person includes a light lunch, 18 holes of golf, golf cart, and a delicious steak dinner. Prizes, putting contest, draws and there will be snowmobiles up for grabs for a hole-in-one at 4 of the par threes. There will also be prizes for longest drives and closest to the pin. Please RSVP by June 11, 2012, pre-registration is strongly urged, registration forms are on our website www.snowcrestriders.com.

At Snowcrest Riders AGM on Saturday June 2, 2012, I truly hope we have a good turnout from our permit buyers / members, to show support and recognition to some of our longtime serving Directors, who have announced that they are retiring from Snowcrest Riders Board of Directors. 11am at the Residence Inn Marriott on the Wharf in Gravenhurst.

IN ADDITION: Special presentation by Mayor Donaldson at 11am sharp and introduction of the FIRST EVER, Corporation of the Town of Gravenhurst Snowmobile Tourism Task Force.

Please RSVP if you can attend.

by email to snowcrest@vianet.ca

OR visit our website for more info

Bob Clarke

President

Snowmobile Tourism Task Force in Gravenhurst.

Great idea, from a town that has always been snowmobile friendly (to the casual rider who passes through, and enjoys signage, the ability to drive on city streets, gas close to trail, etc.).

From this week's Gravenhurst Banner:

Task force will look to capitalize on winter's white gold

Gravenhurst - Gravenhurst council won’t be letting a little thing like summer get in the way of its winter plans.

During its meeting May 1, council approved the first members of its snowmobile tourism task force and the final terms of reference for the economic driver.

Originally proposed by the Gravenhurst-based Snowcrest Riders Snowmobile Club and its president Bob Clarke in late February, the task force will look to capitalize on Muskoka’s favourite winter pastime and sport that can inject upwards of $3 million into the local economy annually.

“But there’s a lot more we can do together,” Clarke proposed to council. “We need to go further as a community, as one … to bring the community as a snowmobile community up to another level, a level I know we can achieve, where people are going to talk about Gravenhurst as a four-season destination, not just three.”

Clarke was one of seven appointees to what also represents this council’s first-ever task force, which in its terms of references is to be built with members from the tourism industry at large, the snowmobile club and community and the accommodation sector. During the meeting council amended the terms of reference to also include a member of council, which will be Coun. Sandy Cairns. Joining Clarke and Cairns are Sandi Clarke, Stephen Day, Pat Loughead, Jon Massey and Larry Wright.

Town marketing assistant and community events facilitator Amy Taylor explained that as of yet, a chair has not been chosen; however, it would likely fall to Clarke as president of the Snowcrest club and an expert in the local trail system and industry.

“A really good cross-section of people came out; we’re pleased with the makeup,” Taylor said of the task force. The goal is to have between eight and 10 members, so there is space available to other volunteers currently, she added.

The term for the task force is going to be 12 months, at which point its effectiveness will be re-evaluated with the potential to continue on. Its main goals are to identify any opportunities for expansion and development of the local trail system, especially in the main core as a way to draw that traffic — and the accompanying tourism dollars — further into town.

The task force will also seek methods to expand or find new marketing opportunities; identify barriers to potential expansion and create a “snowmobile friendly” community with ease of safe passage for snowmobilers to retailers or other trail systems.

Great Job!

4 Hole in One Prizes are as follows: 1) Polaris Snowmobile from Performance Recreation 2)Boat pkg PolarCraft 16, 60hp (E-Tech) motor, trailer (also includes trolling motor and fish finder, from Campbell's Landing Marina. 3) Trip to Hawaii from Sears Travel 4) Bracebridge Yamaha (To be a announced). Closest to the Pin - A chance to win a car for life from Davenport Suburu Golfers Green an independant company will also be there. For a nominal fee before teeing off, they are offering a hole in one prize of a Carribean trip and a closest to the pin prize. Many other prizes as well. PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN HOLE IN ONE PRIZES

• 2 weeks later...

As per the message above Re Snowcrest Riders AGM, today is the last day to RSVP. If you plan on attending and have not yet RSVP'd, please do so today so that we can arrange appropriate seating, food, refreshments & handouts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the tourny.

PS Please welcome Aaron(04nightfire), Graeme (Muskoka Gator) and Irene to the board. Also saying goodbye to Bob Hyde, Dan and Marie Allan.Thank you for your contributions to the club over the many years.

:D

See y'all tomorrow

Looks like a great day for golf !

Sure does!

I myself am not a golfer... tried it once and the 4th time out hit a cow in the head with a ball and it just wasn't for me. Wish you all well on the course. Have a great time. The weather gods didn't smile on us this winter but they sure are smiling on you for your golf tournament. Enjoy... look forward to seeing some pics.

Enjoy... look forward to seeing some pics.

STG is likely to be there. Are you REALLY SURE that you want to see the pics ???? :-o :eek: :rotflmao::tongue:

Seriously, though, have fun guys!

I'm not a glofer either!

STG is likely to be there. Are you REALLY SURE that you want to see the pics ???? :-o :eek: :rotflmao::tongue:

Seriously, though, have fun guys

I'm not a glofer either!

I am no goofer either. I play the the odd

tournament until I fall over at one of the holes.

Lol. Loose more balls in a day then most ladies

see in a life time. Need to invent a tracking system so I can find my ball, when I do hit it.

Great day yesterday. Didn't get and pics unfortunatly. I had to go to work just after the tournament finished which sucks.

Great day yesterday. Didn't get and pics unfortunatly. I had to go to work just after the tournament finished which sucks.

That does suck. Even worse if you drank During the course of the day. Nothing like sleeping at work.

Seriously, though, have fun guys!

I'm not a glofer either!

okay... I went back and fixed my typo

I am no goofer either. I play the the odd

tournament until I fall over at one of the holes.

Lol. Loose more balls in a day then most ladies

see in a life time. Need to invent a tracking system so I can find my ball, when I do hit it.

Father-in-law was an avid golfer... he was watching a tournament from California yesterday. One of them hit his ball into a Cypress tree and it stayed there. Guy had to go back to the green and start over. Showed him looking for the ball in the tree with his binoculars. Guess even the cream of the crop lose the occasional ball.

okay... I went back and fixed my typo

:rotflmao:

Beginning to wonder about you STG :geek2:

Beginning to wonder about you STG :geek2:

You're only just "beginning to wonder" NOW???...where have you been, 02?

You're only just "beginning to wonder" NOW???...where have you been, 02?

Always had my doubts but getting scary as of late.

Archived